BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 19, 2016
I got into trying Hungry Girl recipes when I started doing weight watchers. First I was attracted to the Hungry girl swaps on her website, then the show and then I discovered his handy grocery store survival guide.

Lisa (Hungry Girl) is amazing and this book is just what I needed. Upon receiving it I read it cover to cover in one day. I then stuck it in my purse to keep as my friendly companion when I was out at the store.

It is separated into various sections that are easy to locate. I did however put sticky flags in my book for faster reference. This book lists Lisa's favorite products and why she prefers certain products over others For those of us who follow her this is like having her with you at all times.

I really like this book and plan on using it for years to come.
on August 8, 2017
I love Lisa Lillien's ability to create and copy fattening recipes, and I've found that some of these diet versions are quite good. In Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival, she shares the benefit of her vast shopping experience by telling you which brands got it right, and which ones are all hype. It's kind of like going shopping with a know it all friend. If you have ever wondered which low fat cheese has the best melt, or which diet dinner will fill you up, look no further. Some items will frustrate, as they are hard to find outside of California markets, but she does also suggest ways to order some items via internet. This info was worth the price of the book.
on October 12, 2011
This book is the perfect shopping companion for those who want to eat healthier. The author, Lisa Lillien, is not a nutritionist, just, as she states, a "hungry girl." Her website, hungry-girl.com, has been sharing guilt-free and healthy recipes, food finds, and more. Now she's put together a book to make grocery-shopping easier. It's small enough to fit in a purse and organized by store aisles. The pages are color-coded as well to make it easy to find a section when you're on the run. Each section suggests the best products to buy with basic nutritional information as well as "all-stars" - the most versatile products, and "standouts" - HG choices for a product's best brands. In addition, there are literally hundreds of cooking tips, and menu and serving suggestions. I like the extra info she provides to explain some of the product lingo and what to watch out for when buying similar products. As a bonus, the book has a list of best products to buy online, a complete supermarket list that can be copied, and lists of essential ingredients for food favorite as coffee drinks and pizza. You'll not only want to read this book cover-to-cover to glean all the fantastic info HG has compiled, but also use it as a reference when you prepare your grocery list or even as a go-to guide while you shop.
on May 18, 2014
I found this book very enlightening and will be using it often as a reference. I would suggest this book to anyone who is serious on changing there eating habits and wanting to know what is out there. The book saves a ton of time standing in the grocery store trying to read all the labels to find which is the best choice. This book was done very well and a lot of thought and energy went into its making and it shows.
on August 10, 2016
The book gives a simplified shopping guide to buying healthy foods without all the fuss. This is a great start for those who are looking for healthier alternatives for cooking without all the stress and technical garb that go way beyond what we really want to know. The book is not adapted to every supermarket so please consider this because you local supermarket or geographical area may not contain the same items as mention in this book, so you may have to do some additional research for your area.
on February 26, 2014
I got this book from the library and I've gone from front back and I knew this is what I wanted. I am new to Hungry Girl and after receiving this book I may get a few more of her books. I usually test them out at the library before I spend the money to order with Amazon so I know what I'm purchasing.
I highly recommend this book it is absolutely just what is needed when you are picking out items in the grocery store. I have made many of the recipes from the other Hungry Girl books and they are so easy and tasteful. I also highly recommend. "Hungry Girl to the Max" and "Three Under Three".
You MUST buy this book you will never have to guess what you need to purchase taking the guess work out of healthy eating.
on February 24, 2017
Such a handy book! I own all but two of the Hungry Hirl recipe books and diet book...and I love them! This one is no exception. I learned so many smart little tips about brands and choose this version of milk or substitute verses that, because this one tastes better and blah blah blah..,,It fits in my purse too!!
on April 23, 2017
;)
on November 17, 2011
Descriptions are clear and concise regarding the products in this book.
Many ideas for using different items which you may not know.
Products-- there were many listed I wasn't aware existed such as many lines of cheeses available, what application they work best in and some ideas for using them in recipes.
Book gives you ideas on how to use some of the products like making cakes or brownies using alternative fats to reduce calories,or using different flavor chocolate chips, coconut, mini marshmellows in ways you may find adds alot of versatality to plain old food as eaten previously.
Have fun with it all and even think of new ways to use and expand what is there. I have had a lot of fun with it. Hope you do too!
on October 11, 2011
This is a great guide for the shopper who doesn't have the time to read every single label and weigh out the nutritional information. This book is small enough to take in your purse or set in the shelf of a cart to refer to and great for planning your grocery list as well. I don't know about you ladies but I cannot trust my husband to go grocery shopping for me because there are certain brands I like and some that I really don't. This helps you to figure out which brands are best for not packing on pounds. It even gives suggestions for some things to do with ingredients that I normally wouldn't buy at the grocery store but sound yummy! The description also helps to inform you on some of what is in the foods so that you can customize it to whatever diet you're following. Love HG and cannot decide which of their books is my favorite but I definitely wouldn't give up any of them!