- Actors: Sam Neill, Julian Dennison, Rhys Darby
- Directors: Taika Waititi
- Producers: Taika Waititi, Carthew Neal, Leanne Saunders, Matt Noonan
- Format: AC-3, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Subtitles: French, English, Spanish
- Dubbed: French
- Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: Parents Strongly CautionedPG-13
- Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: September 27, 2016
- Run Time: 101 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 1,214 customer reviews
- ASIN: B01IGFGG2G
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,564 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Raised on hip-hop and foster care, defiant city kid Ricky gets a fresh new start in the New Zealand countryside. He quickly finds himself at home with his new foster family: the Loving Aunt Bella, the cantankerous Uncle Hec and their dog Tupac. When a tragedy strikes that threatens to ship Ricky to another home, both he and Hec go on the run in the bush. As a national manhunt ensues, the newly branded outlaws must face their options: go out in a blaze of glory or overcome their differences and survive as a family.
Top customer reviews
Hunt for the Wilderpeople is hands down one of the best films I have ever watched and any further comment is superfluous.
Sam Neill and Julian Dennison have great chemistry and wonderful comedy timing as the misfit pair on the lam from a wild assortment of over-the-top "outback" nutters and equally weird (wannabe) authority figures from the New Zealand government.
There are two intense hunting scenes. One is quite short; but the other is a visceral experience of the environment. My wife enjoyed the movie but found the second hunting incident disturbing. I will add that the second scene is not the strong overcoming the weak, but a battle between two strengths.
So mostly humorous, there are scenes of real life that underpin the basic plot of this movie and raise the level of meaningfulness.
We made our entire family watch it for the annual Christmas movie. They howled with laughter. No one walked away during it.
This movie has got it all
Just watch it, okay?
I find that movies with a little mystery often bring out the best surprises. So do yourself a favor and stop reading reviews, trust the ratings and go discover this movie for yourself. It's pretty majestical.