|Item Weight||21.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.1 x 13.1 x 25.2 inches|
|Item model number||21809|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Air Flow Capacity||5102 CFM|
|Type of Bulb||Incandescent|
|Plug Profile||Flush Mount|
|Usage||Indoor use only|
|Warranty Description||Limited lifetime warranty on fan motor only. 1 year limited warranty on other parts, excluding glass globes or light bulbs.|
|Assembled Diameter||52 inches|
Hunter 21809 Builder Deluxe 52-Inch 5-Blade Single Light Ceiling Fan, Brushed Nickel with Stained Oak/Brazilian Cherry Blades and Frosted Glass Bowl
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Removing existing ceiling fan
- Assembling, mounting and wiring 1 customer-supplied fan
- Attaching blades, lights and chains (as needed)
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Traditional style with designer Brushed Nickel finish and reversible Oak/Brazilian Cherry blades
- Simple light fixture features a frosted glass bowl
- Designed for large rooms up to 400 square feet and can be hung flush, on standard downrod or angled
- Three position mounting allows flush, standard mount, or angled installations
- Patented anti-vibration technology for wobble free performance
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Hunter 21809 Builder Deluxe 52-Inch 5-Blade Single Light Ceiling Fan, Brushed Nickel with Stained Oak/Brazilian Cherry Blades and Frosted Glass Bowl
Hunter 53090 Builder Deluxe 5-Blade Single Light Ceiling Fan with Brazilian Cherry/Stained Oak Blades and White Cased Glass Light Bowl, 52-Inch, Brushed Nickel
7214100 Harmony 48-Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan, Light Kit with Opal Frosted Glass
Hunter 53237 Builder Plus 52-Inch Ceiling Fan with Five Brazilian Cherry/Harvest Mahogany Blades and Swirled Marble Glass Light Kit, Brushed Nickel
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Blade Color||White||cherry||Maple||Brazilian Cherry/Harvest Mahogany|
|Color||Brushed Nickel||Brushed Nickel||Brushed Nickel||Brushed Nickel / Brazilian Cherry|
|Fan Size||52 in||52 in||48 in||52 in|
|Finish Types||Nickel||Brushed Nickel||Nickel||Brushed Nickel|
|Material Type||Metal||Metal||Glass||Metal, Glass|
|Mounting Type||Flush Mount||Downrod||Downrod||Optional|
|Number of Blades||5||5||2||5|
|Additional Features||With_lights||Variable Speed||With_lights||Blades are specially coated using Hunter's patented Dust Armor nanotechnology to repel dust build-up|
|Style Name||Modern||1 Light Source||Modern||Builder Plus|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts||120 volts||120 volts|
When you've arrived at that place where you're simply unwilling to settle for anything less than the very best, you're ready for Hunter's Builder Deluxe. Builder Deluxe ceiling fans are more than just beautiful-they're painstakingly designed and carefully crafted. This is a fan you can count on for unmatched performance, a great price and zero installation problems. Uncluttered style in a Brushed Nickel designer finish blends seamlessly with your decor. Reversible Stained Oak/Brazilian Cherry blades let you customize your blade finish to furniture or wood molding. Simple light fixture features a frosted glass bowl and uses two 60W candelabra bulbs (not included). Whisper Wind quiet motor delivers the cooling power you want, without the noise you don't. Installer's Choice 3-position mounting system lets you mount your fan flush for more clearance, on a standard down rod, or using an extension down rod and angled mounting for steeply pitched ceilings. Can be installed without the light fixture. 3-speed motor and light each have their own pull chain. Designed for large areas, Hunter's 49-Inch to 60-Inch ceiling fans have airflow efficiencies ranging from approximately 51 to 176 cubic feet per minute per watt at high speed. Using your Hunter fan properly throughout the year can help to significantly decrease personal energy use without sacrificing comfort. A properly used fan can help to reduce summer cooling costs by up to 47-Percent* 3-Inch down rod included. Limited lifetime warranty on fan motor only. 1 year limited warranty on other parts, excluding glass globes or light bulbs. *(On average at low speed setting. Savings may differ depending upon geographic location, housing charactersitics and cost of energy.)
Top customer reviews
A couple things to consider: We have 10' ceilings and although these fans have plenty of wiring, they do not come with extended downrods. I was able to repurpose the existing downrods so this was not an issue for me but you may need to purchase them. Also in one of our rooms the fan only has a single switch so we actually need to use the pull chains to turn on the fan and light seperately. We bought extensions for these pull chains for around $3.
++Incredibly quiet. Kind of amazing actually.
++With extended downrod installation, no wobble at all (I can't speak for other installation methods)
++Good quality, and looks well constructed.
++Installation is about as easy as a ceiling fan can be and instructions are very good.
++Purchased an 18" downrod to go with it. No info in the downrod box or the fan box that you need to take apart the socket joint to install it. Eventually figured it out, but could have saved me some time if that step was listed anywhere on the instructions or website.
++Light bowl was cracked when it arrived. Hunter is replacing, but lead time is about a month.
++2 60W candelabra bulbs are not enough light with the frosted bowl. It is ok in our bedroom since we have other lighting, but that is probably the only real negative if you need bright lighting.
1) Quiet: These fans, when properly installed, are VERY quiet. The old ceiling fans in my house were so rattly and noisy I was loathe to turn them on, even when the house was hot. My older models had an electric hum to them all, the pull chains would rattle, and even the circulation of air was noisy!
These Hunter fans make almost no noise whatsoever - even on the high speed setting they make very little noise. On the low setting they virtually cannot be heard at all.
2) Looks: for the price, these fans are very elegant. Much of my furniture is nicer, dark hardwood. (i.e. kitchen table, bedroom set, china hutch etc...) I chose the antiqued bronze look, and it fits perfectly with my home decor. Although I paid less then $100 for each of these, they have similar looks and styling to other fans I considered at 4x - 5x the price. Excellent choice for budget conscious shoppers that want a good looking fan.
3) Ease of installation: I would categorize myself as a low-moderate handyman, and I found the installation of these fans reasonably simple. I purchased 3 - the first install took me about 1 1/2 hour - to include the unpacking, reading all the instructions, and getting familiar with all the components. By my third install, I was done in about 30 minutes or so. In the past the biggest challenge I had with ceiling fans was getting the balance right (to avoid rattle etc..) These Hunter fans have a different mounting bracket - at first I was leery about hangning my fan in them but after doing so on 3 fans, and using for an entire summer - I would say that Hunter has a very clever way to mount their fans that is simple, GREATLY reduces the time and effort to properly balance, and it works perfectly.
4) Overall good value: I looked at literally dozens of fans before chosing this one. I didn't want to spend $500 a piece on fans, but didn't want a "cheap" one either that wouldn't look good in my house. These were a perfect compromise.
1) Light output poor: yes, I know others have said it but I will say it again. The light output from these is dissapointing. In some cases I removed a traditional light fixture with 2-3 60 watt equivalent bulbs, hoping this would be about the same. Sadly the lights on this fan are quite dim, and it you need bright lighting in a room this will not cut it for you. I installed 2 of the fans in smaller rooms, and even then I am somewhat dissapointed in the lighting. Yes, you can see just fine - but if you want a room "bright and sparkly" this will not do the trick. I am pondering on finding the largest LED equivalent I can replace the stock bulbs with just to see if I can brighten it up enough to make me happy. Will update later.
2) Air movement: I am satified with the air flow on these fans, but not thrilled. I will note that they definitely made a difference in room temperature, but in a larger room the fan needs to be on high to make a significant difference. I have one in my office (smaller) and on low, sitting directly beneath it, it does a fine job moderating temperature. In my bedroom (large) the fan has to be on medium to notice it at all, and on high to make a real impact. My bedroom has 2 ceiling fixtures in it, and after consideration I will likely purcahse a second for the room to see if it has the impact I want.
FINAL RECOMMENDATION: All in all, I am pleased with these fans. They look nice, do a reasonable job moving air in small to medium rooms, and are very quiet. Light output is poor, you will likely want an alternate light source to brighten a room other than these. If you want a decent fan at a reasonable cost, these fans are a good choice.
Oh I had to have it installed for me. Paid an electrician to do it and he had a helper. I cant say its a thing a handyman can install because I'm not the handiest. I'd say handy or not if you have the money use the electrician, its safer.
The light is not too bright, but that is okay for a bedroom. It seems to be adequate. Note: when tightening the filial (nipple) over the light cover, DO NOT overtighten or it will crack. The unit It is very quiet and after a year it remains that way even when turned on high.
The install was straightforward. If you are not skilled in electricity please hire a professional. The wiring is easy for those who chose to DIY. I had a old fan which, I took down after securing the power, and following the instructions was able to get it wired and installed in less than an hour ( I work slow).
Looks like a dependable fan that will last 20+ years!