Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hunter 44110 Set & Save Programmable Thermostat
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on February 1, 2007
The thermostat was inexpensive and does the job as stated. There are four settings per day [presets]. The programming for weekdays and weekends are done separately. It has two overides: one for temporary bi-bass [from one preset to another] or a vacation overide [until you return home]. The only thing negative about the thermostat is that it doesn't light up for easier viewing in dim light or darkness.
on April 19, 2010
When the description of the thermostat says that it can be programmed for "every day of the week," that does not mean than there can be a separate cooling and heating program for each day of the week. The thermostat can be programmed so that there are separate heating and cooling programs for weekdays (MTWThF) and others for weekends (SaSu). The weekday heating or cooling program must have 4 settings for a 24 hour period and similarly for weekends. For example for either heating or cooling, it can be set for one temperature from 6 AM to 8 AM, another for 8 AM to 5 PM, another from 5 PM to 10 PM, and a fourth from 10 PM to 6 AM. The times at which it switches temperatures can be adjusted. To change from the Heating programs to the Cooling programs, you move a switch from "Heat" to "Cool."

If the programming limitations suit your weekly schedule, then you will probably be happy with this thermostat. We have had ours for over a year and have had no problems with it. Installation for our all-electric system was fairly easy. Based on our power bill, the thermostat has saved us money.
on January 16, 2007
We have 2 furnaces in our house & have an older Hunter model on one furnace & I was searching for a new Hunter for the second furnace. We installed this one at Thanksgiving time & we couldn't be happier. It was a breeze to install & we haven't had any problems with it at all. I think it's a great product & a super price.
on December 4, 2014
Note, make sure it works on your system. It doesn't support all units (I think specifically it didn't support a heat pump?) Anyway, it's a simple design and it shows in a lot of ways, but this is pretty cheap these days (I guess because it's mostly just old stock being sold off at this point) so it's a great way to go to a digital control. The programming is pretty confusing and a bit of a pain to setup, but it works. For some odd reason if you want to switch between arbitrary Fahrenheit and standard Celsius, it has to completely reset the unit. Unfortunately, it lacks a fine grained control for Celsius (at least I feel like it should have half steps since it seems to have been balanced wrong in my house -- maybe an adjustment of the interval might help, but I didn't feel like dealing with it) so I don't really recommend getting this one with that in mind as others likely do it better.

Anyway, it's simple and cheap, but it gets the job done fairly well and beats those crappy basic analog thermostats.
I bought one of these five years ago and it was reliable. However, the up button got so it was very hard to set the temperature higher. So hubby just changed it out for this model. You cannot retro fit this one over the older model, because this one is about one inch smaller on all sides.

Also, despite the mention of being lighted it is NOT. I wanted the lighted version and very disappointed they didn't make that clear.
on February 14, 2016
I replaced a Hunter model 44300 that had been in our house for about 12 years or so. This thermostat is much better seems to operate a bit more smoothly. The features between the two are similar but the lay out is much different. I found it very easy to setup a week day and weekend setback profiles. This is an excellent value for the money.
on January 1, 2015
This will save you money AND make you more comfortable too. It's really nice to be able to save money while you're sleeping, but still wake to a warm house. This gadget does that and more. A no-brainer. TIP: change the 2x AA batteries when you change them in your smoke detectors. Will probably last a year, but why wait 'til it stops working.
on April 19, 2010
Although our home has a central air and heating system, we have successfully used a pellet stove to heat our home for many, many years. For our purposes, much more cost effiecient and the family enjoys watching the "dancing flames". Our stove, like the majority of pellet stoves, can be operated by using a simple wall thermostat to turn the stove on and off, much like a conventional furnace. Over the years, it has always been our practice to manually turn down the thermostat each night before retiring and turning it back up the next morning. This generally works just fine except for those evenings when we forget. Additonally, on those extra cold mornings, once the stove was turned on, it would take quite some time to get the temperature up to a comfortable level. Neither of these situations is earth shattering, but as I get older, I must admit I continually try to make my life just a little bit easier. This battery controlled thermostat has done just that.

I replaced an old Honeywell manual thermostat with this item, programmed it without a problem, and it has worked flawlessly for the last month. It turns our pellet stove off 30 minutes prior to retiring and turns it back on 30 minutes before we get up. It can also be programmed for up to 4 weekday settings, to accomodate your work schedule, and seperate settings for the weekend should this be a priority. It is definetly not fancy but it is inexpensive and easy to operate and we are very pleased overall.
on January 19, 2009
I have had the Hunter 44110 for a number of years, and it basically does the job. But, once or twice a month it completely loses the day, time and program, and has to be completely re-programmed. When this happens, I check or replace the batteries. But it still loses memory even with known good batteries.
on November 22, 2014
This was a replacement for another Hunter Thermostat in my cabin that worked flawlessy for many years on a propane fireplace. It quit so I replaced it with this unit. Easy to install and program. Batteries last over a year. Works great and I would recommend it. BTW it was a connection problem and not the old thermostat so replacement was probably unnecessary.