- File Size: 772 KB
- Print Length: 291 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1540574067
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Creativia; 2 edition (November 7, 2016)
- Publication Date: November 7, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N8ODF9T
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,138,880 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #219 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Visionary & Metaphysical
- #560 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- #644 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
Hunter Hunted (The Eternals Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 291 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Linka steps out of this book (though not out of Jean’s heart), and the beautiful Nordic princess, Aurora, joins him on a race through the dying world. Jean is both the hunter and the hunted in this novel and most of the book follows their journey south and north again. During that hunt, Ankers begins to hint at Jean’s destiny, a definite hook for the final book in the series.
Ankers has a lovely and unique poetic style of writing that I thoroughly enjoy: “There was something innately wrong about seeing one so beautiful as she stricken by grief. If there was a realm beyond our own, a place beyond the dark curtains of eternity, then I hoped it not populated by angels as sad as she, for my long-lost soul could not have borne it.”
If you enjoy fantasy, vampires, enchanting and stylistic writing, this series is well worth picking up.
Replacing the bubbly Linka as Jean's feminine counterpart this time around is the stoic Aurora, one of the princesses of the Nordic eternals. Her limited experience with the outside world helps give Jean a whole new perspective on the things he had taken for granted for so long, and is a welcome addition to the cast Richard has built.
Hunter Hunted boasts Ankers' trademark style of poetic scene setting, painting the world at large with colorful language to bring a sense of life to a land that is, ironically, dying. Those with a taste for dense prose will enjoy the story Hunter Hunted tells.
Though it drops off with quite a cliffhanger, the tale sets the stage for a stunning final chapter to this trilogy. I look forward to seeing how The Eternals comes to an end.
In this second installment of the distinctive trilogy that seamlessly pairs a vampire tale with dystopian, sci-fi and steampunk elements, Jean finds himself in the legendary city of Hvit, home to the incomparable Nordic Royalty: Albino Eternals who live amid the wastes of the Arctic in a close-knit community and unexpected brutality. Jean quickly discovers how valuable any alliance with the Nordics can be, particularly the newly introduced, mysterious Nordic Princess Aurora.
For me, the graceful, immensely powerful, often stoic Nordics ‘stole the show’. I found myself repeatedly reading the passages that described their super-human (and even super-vampiric) capabilities; their enigmatic home deep in the ice of the Arctic plain, and their shocking hunting prowess. Nordic Prince Grella became an immediate favourite, as his brooding personality and unpredictability left me eager to know more about him.
Jean’s quest to understand the truth about those who try to manipulate him, as well as the truth of his own life, leads him full circle, which is as metaphorically ingenious as it is compelling reading. I highly recommend delving into this little-know gem of a tale!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gothic
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Visionary & Metaphysical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural