- File Size: 992 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: www.robertwalkerbooks.com (April 23, 2010)
- Publication Date: April 23, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003J359Z6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,020,596 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #4896 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- #7123 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- #7752 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
Hunting Lure (Decoy Series #1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 256 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
|Grade Level: 8 - 12|
- Similar books to Hunting Lure (Decoy Series #1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Lanark calls on his dramatic training in his undercover work and becomes so good at it that he hangs onto his job, albeit at times by the merest of threads, despite his wild ways.
Finally, Lanark earns the ideal position for him: running a unit of cops who are all proficient at undercover work.
That's the frame upon which this series is built. The story in this book involves blood-thirsty killers, a religious maniac with her own television ministry, and a group of rich people with a secret world of their own.
Once again, Walker keeps the suspense building and building until he slips a nice twist in on the reader and solves the mystery.
This story could have been confusing and leave a lot of loose ends, but Walker as usual ties up all the threads in a nice, bloody bow.
I'd highly recommend this book.
Book #1 introduces the reader to the main characters (Ryne Lanark and Shannon Keyes) and gives a brief history as it were of what drives them....their personalities, their reason for joining the force, personal tragedy etc.
That aside, the crime to be solved is very gory, graphic and the author spares no detail in that regard. I cringed several times while reading the descriptions. Unlike book #4 w(hich is the only one I can compare it to), this is more action-filled and less psychological and romantic in nature. Almost like something out of a movie.
Would I recommend it...yes! It's a good read but prepare yourself for the violence. Am toying with the idea of purchasing books 2 and 3...will say how those go as well. Happy reading!
Lt. Ryne Lanark had reached the bottom of the barrel as far as assignments go. But that doesn't mean he isn't still giving his best to try to find not only a serial killer but the killers of his family. The problem is, he just can't keep it together. Now the powers-that-be, in their infinite wisdom have given him a new partner. One they hope he won't get killed, maimed or run in fear for their life.
Shannon Keyes is on the fast track. Well liked and given promotions a little faster than the average, there is something about her that Ryne is not quite sure of. Unable to manipulate his way out of being partnered with her, he decides to make the best of a bad situation and try to keep her alive. Since he seems to have a reputation for being hard on partners this may be a major effort in itself.
This is a very good detective novel/police procedural that has a tightly woven plot, lots of action and well developed characters. The dialog reads as realistic, the protagonists have enough back story to round them out and the plotline keeps the reader guessing.
A good one I would easily recommend.
Karen Bryant Doering,
Parents' Little Black Book
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult