Top positive review
7 people found this helpful
on August 2, 2017
Some helpful tips (in no particular order):
1) Cut up vegetables and fruits into pieces small enough to fit into down this chute.
2) Don't overload the juicer, this one or any one.
3) When you're running the juicer, reverse the motor with the switch on the handle to get more juice out and unclog any veggies that might get stuck. Reversing is one of my favorite features of this juicer.
4) Mix the veggies together when you insert them. Insert a handful of 'juicy' things (ex. carrots, cucumbers, apples) alongside leafy greens (ex. kale, spinach, celery). It will reduce clogging caused by the leafier ones.
5) You shouldn't juice vegetables and fruits together. Exception: apple.
6) Drink immediately, as soon as you make it. When light and air hit vegetables and fruits, they oxidize (hence, the browning you see when you leave a cut apple out).
7) If you do need to keep juice for later consumption, it's best to store in a dark, opague-y glass bottle in a fridge and drink within 24 hours.
I bought two (2) of these three (3) years ago, one for me and one for my parents. The quality of juice is really good. These 2 juicers are still fully functioning. No issues. I've recommended this model to friends. Though juicers are generally harder to clean than blenders, this juicer isn't so bad to clean. For juicers, you can't go wrong with this model.