HURRICANE CRIMES (Book1):
- "HURRICANE CRIMES by Chrys Fey is a pure delight. It is a romance first and a suspense novella second, but both are combined in a perfect formula for a wonderful afternoon's reading." ~ Readers' Favorite
- "The characters were interesting as well as appealing. There was a lot of chemistry between Beth and Donovan." ~ Romance Bookworms Reviews
- "Chrys Fey does a magnificent job of starting her short story with the tension needed to hook and keep the reader reading. Her descriptive prose puts the reader with Beth as the dangerous winds escalate, the water rises, and darkness falls." ~ Yolanda Renee, author
- "SEISMIC CRIMES is an action-packed novel that contains a little bit of everything. There's the suspense of a crime-fighting story, the adventure of surviving natural disasters, and the passion of romance." ~ Sherry Ellis, author
- "Action packed is the only way to describe this exciting, sizzling love and adventure story! Between the steamy private scenes And the made-for-TV shoot outs and natural disasters, there is adventure that keeps your heart pumping on every page." ~ Readers' Favorite
- "This is a fast paced, action packed book that is hard to put down. The earthquake scenes are graphic and the reader really gets a clear image, although terrifying as it is written extremely well." ~ LLEP Review Team
- "Short, tense and a perfect way to test out a new romantic suspense series, LIGHTNING CRIMES by Chrys Fey is a quick escape with an electric charge in the air!" ` Tome Tender, book blog reviewer
- "Ms. Fey's strong and compelling visual storytelling coupled with the overwhelming uncertainty facing Beth and Donovan make this a powerhouse novel." ~ InD'Tale
- "As much as I want to say "oh come on, again? Really?" I can't. Chrys Fey is just that good of a writer. These two characters have been in so many disasters that it should be laughable, but the stories are well written, captivating and they grab the reader and draw them in." ~ Amazon Reviewer
- "One tough, yet amazingly intuitive woman and her ever-protective husband and lover will once again stand up to the evil that threatens all they have. TSUNAMI CRIMES is fast-paced, and Ms. Fey's ability to bring the internal fight for survival during a rogue tsunami to life is frighteningly realistic." ~ Tome Tender, book blog reviewer
- "They have survived before, but this time they may not be so lucky...because nowhere is safe when evil comes calling." ~ Tome Tender, book blog reviewer
- "THE DISASTER CRIMES SERIES has the potential to be a terrific series that is spell-binding and [will] have readers on the edge of their seats." ~ InD'tale Magazine
From the Author
At first I didn't have the idea. I published Hurricane Crimes and thought that was it. Then a couple readers expressed wanting to know what happened before and after Hurricane Crimes. I pondered a sequel and realized that the story wasn't over...a killer was still at large. As soon as I thought of the second book, the idea of a series bloomed, and I knew they would all feature a different disaster and contain what I love about romantic-suspense stories: crime and romance.
2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?
There are countless romantic-suspense stories, and several take place during a storm, but not many authors have used natural disasters asa continuing theme. Not only that, but on top of the disasters there are also crimes of nearly every kind, which is why my collection is known as the Disaster Crimes Series.
3. What inspired Hurricane Crimes?
I had just finished reading a book set during a blizzard and pondered the fact that I had never been in a snow storm because I live in Florida, so the idea to write a story that really focuses on a hurricane immediately became my goal. Although I wanted Hurricane Crimes to be a romance, I didn't want it to be a typical romance. Thus, I created Donovan, a sexy and passionate man who may be a murderer.
4. Did you use a real hurricane as inspiration for Hurricane Sabrina?
I did. In 2004 three hurricanes hit Florida in the space of four weeks:Charley, Frances, and Ivan. Hurricane Frances was the first category 5 storm I ever experienced, so it is etched in my mind. Then in 2008, Tropical Storm Fay visited. She actually made landfall four times and caused substantial flooding.I combined my experiences from Frances and Fay to create the beast that is Hurricane Sabrina.
5. Why did you decide to make Beth Kennedy a self-defense instructor?
I am a huge advocate of domestic violence awareness, and I love heroines of steel. Also, Beth needed to be tough to stand up against the obstacles I threw at her. Aside from a karate expert, I figured a self-defense instructor could stand up to a suspected murderer.