Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on March 29, 2017
Excellent movie I was touched by the story line and the characters. For something so positive to come out of Katrina's devastation really warms my heart. Forrest Whitaker is one of my favorite actors and he really did an wonderful portrayal of the coach who put together a stellar basketball team out of literally rubble-a phoenix if ever there was one.
on May 26, 2012
Not only did this movie come from a true story, but it was a great story.
And on top of this it was very well told with an all star cast including Forest Whitaker, Isaiah Washington, and others you'll recognize.

The movie shows just enough of Katrina footage to remind us of the travesty of the storm and our handling of the aftermath - but it does not over do it. Then it moves on at a perfect pace to the story of rebuilding. It comes with inspiring words balanced with a real glimpse of the dirty and slow process it was in New Orleans.

It's crazy that this never hit the big screen because it was so good, because it was a true story, and because it had an Academy Award Winner and stars like Lil Wayne.

It really should sit on everyone's shelf along side your true story sports classics like The Blind Side, Hoosiers, More than a Game, Glory Road, Miracle, Cinderella Man, Brian's Song, and Remember the Titans.
on August 18, 2013
.. it wouldn't have gotten 3 stars. Even he had a hard time bringing a forced dialogue to believability. The fact that the story was true kept my attention because I know that area. But that area was devastated by Hurricane Katrina, and there were indeed people who carried on and pulled things together in the face of unbelievable conditions. Any triumph arising from those conditions was important and deserved a better telling than it got in this film.
on April 15, 2017
Great acting and story. Very inspiring.
on March 26, 2015
This is a great movie. Every time I watched the movie I was reminded of how blessed we really are to still be alive. I laughed, cried, and cheered throughout the movie. I thought about how Hurricane Katrina had affected the people of News Orleans but it did not kill their spirits. These boys along with their coach fought through all odds and became a family and winners.
on November 24, 2014
Really well done, touching movie! I watched it with my 12 year old basketball loving daughter. I didn't notice bad language although there may have been some. There are some off color sexual remarks by the crazy bus driver on the first bus trip about comparing driving the old bus to making love to an old woman--so if you have kids, be aware of that part. I really enjoyed this movie. It was very well done.
on July 3, 2013
I really loved a lot this item, I hope you keep up selling item with high quality. Thanks you so much.
on March 19, 2016
It was a good quality
I have enjoyed watching it
Thanks for the arriving on time
on March 14, 2015
Very good DVD and story based on true events during and after Katrina. It was an emotional movie, seeing the devastation and horror of what happened to the lives of different people after this terrible storm.
on October 15, 2016
great movie. i rented for my students at school. they loved it.