Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 360 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 384 reviews
on April 16, 2015
This is a well constructed shoe, that is also remarkably light in weight. As noted by most, it runs true to size, albeit the width in the front is more 2E than 3E, in re: the size EW (which generally corresponds to 3E). I first tried the shoes in my home and they were fine. Next was a full day field test, including a 2 hour stint teaching in the evening. Never thought about the shoes at all -- this is a very good thing. Finally I note that the variety purchased, Black Suede is quite attractive. Having recommended them to two friends whilst they were on sale I can report that they are also pleased with construction and comfort. As always, shoe comfort is ultimately an individual matter, and Amazon's policy of free return shipping makes this a risk free transaction.
on September 27, 2014
Bought these for the hubby who has extra wide size 12 feet, and always has difficulty finding shoes that fit well, unless he wants to spend a small fortune on shoes. This is the first pair of hush puppies he has ever owned, and he now swears he will never buy any other brand. Great comfort and perfect fit, light weight, and extremely well-made. Awesome shoes!
on June 1, 2016
These shoes changed my life. I've since purchased countless numbers of these Hush Puppies Men's Glen Oxford,Black,11 W US. I've been wearing these since 2009, when I was working at the airport. During my first working day, at my second airport assignment, I was wearing a nice looking pear of dress shoes. I was on my feet all day and in terrible pain. My feet hurt so bad after a full day of work. An elderly co-worker (I was in my twenties at the time) told me to try Hush Puppies shoes. I left work with my feet in so much pain that I walked in my socks. I went to a Hush Puppies store in the mall near the airport and met up with an extremely attractive Latina. She had me stand on a machine that tested my feet. She then showed me the shoes that the machine recommended including these. I've been wearing them everyday since. I no longer work at an airport but I still walk quite a bit at work. These dress shoes / dress causal shoes are the perfect balance of dressy, comfortable and casual.

My only complaints are that they are normally priced quite high at $95.00 and also the insole seems to have a short life due to my heavy daily use. I usually buy new pairs and donate my old pair to charity every 3-4 months. I usually buy multiple pairs when I can find them on sale somewhere with a coupon. The best price I've ever gotten is around $50 + Tax, when lucky. I have other Hush Puppies Shoes, but this is by far my favorite when it comes to comfort. I hope they make this shoe forever, because the day they stop manufacturing them should be decades after I die. I plan to buy these for life!!!
on March 28, 2017
They are comfortable when first put on and their light but I was expecting leather for this kind of price. With man-made materials my feet get to uncomfortably hot and my feet sweat and these are the same. Actually giving these a three star is generous. Actually I will wear these to look nice for more formal dress. These look the same but they're not as comfortable as my old Tom McAn's of which I was hoping they would replace. The old shoes is what I will wear until I can find a suitable replacement that good has good old-fashioned breathable leather.
on February 28, 2017
I tried to wear these shoes a few time but they make m y feet so sore it is unacceptable. The show itself looks good but when you walk a lot in the them they just hurt your feet. I'd love to return them but their return policy is UNUSED... how can you tell if they are what you want if you can't wear them? Pretty sad, don't waste your money on these shows pick another vendor and type of shoe.
on June 24, 2013
I bought these to replace a pair of Hush Puppies Harrison shoes, size 10, that I've been wearing since 2001! The Harrisons have been light and comfortable since day one. The Glen is light and the fit feels right both length and width-wise, but I'm having a friction problem where the right side of my right foot is in contact with the insert that comes with the shoe. I'm trying thicker sox to see if I can cut down on the irritation until they break in. If that doesn't work, I'm going to replace the insert with a gel or other insert. I'll even get an adjustable shoe tree to gently stretch the leather on the right side, if necessary. Don't know why I'm having the problem with this shoe since they look almost identical to the Harrison.

Bought a black pair, too. Same problem.

UPDATE: I replaced the insert in both pairs with a gel insert. They're comfy now!
on July 23, 2015
I have unusually long and narrow feet (11A) and the local shoe stores simply don't stock them. I have to rely on the Internet for shoes (before the internet I used mail order.) I have found that I can get by with narrows (Bs) but regulars (Es) are too wide and lead to blisters. I used to ware Hush Puppies all the time, but then narrow widths became unavailable and I haven't worn any in about three decades. I recently found that they are offering a small selection of styles in narrow widths though online sellers and, so far, the ones I've purchase online have fit me comfortably.
on August 27, 2013
While these shoes to me look like a casual work shoe and not what I would call stylish or even nice looking, I bought them because of the reputation for diabetics. I don't have bad feet yet, so I'm hoping this helps prolong the inevitable or even better yet prevent it from happening. The shoes are extremely lightweight and while I've only worn them 5 or 6 times, seem to be built very sturdy and with quality. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend if you're looking for weight while getting great foot support.
on September 5, 2015
Hard to give the shoes a review without knocking the service. The shoe was fine for what I bought it for. You could tell not only had they been purchased before and retuned but they came with a noticible stuff mark. The soles had material stuck to the bottoms of them . Not to much of a big deal.

They will serve the purpose that I bought them for but I don't expect to buy a brand new pair of shoes and receive them in this condition I think the quality control on the return and reissue leave more then a lot to be desired.. I've only had one other issue with Amazone over the years and overall I would give them a 99.9% rating.

I'm not sure that I will ever buy any more shoes from them however.
on March 19, 2013
Before I go into the details of my experience, let me say that these appear to be very well-made, sturdy shoes. They probably won't win any style contest, but they show a good attention to detail and excellent construction.

I can't remember the last time I had a pair of shoes that required breaking in. I don't know yet if that is good or bad. The size is exactly what I expected from a 10.5 (I have had some brands that were smaller or larger than the stated size would lead you to believe). I've worn these shoes once. They feel very stiff, like a good pair of hiking boots do. I think it must have a solid shank in the sole, which is a good thing. I noticed that once in a while I would catch the toe of the shoe on a stair as I was walking upstairs at the office. I don't think the stiffness is going to go away with use, but time will tell on that.

Also, the tongue of the shoe is very stiff also, and I felt some pain where the top of the tongue of the right shoe hit my foot. That's where the breaking in will probably help. It kind of reminds me of my old Army boots. Terrible the first week, then they molded to my foot and were so comfortable that I seriously considered wearing them at my wedding. I'm sure you can guess who vetoed that idea.

The one thing I hadn't thought of when I ordered these shoes was that the large, plain-leather toe is just inviting scuffs. When you drive, the side of your foot will hit the brake pedal on occasion, and many other times, you'll hit something with the toe of the shoe. So I am betting that these shoes will require polish on a frequent basis.

But they are (currently) nice looking, very comfortable (other than the tongue rubbing my foot on one of them). I awarded 4 out of 5 stars because of the unknown of how they will break in, but will try to remember to update this review when I find that out.

And one more thing: I paid around $55 for these, so they are a great bargain at that price. My usual brand, Propet, are a little more than that and give excellent value for the money, so I wanted to try these to see how they compare. More on that comparison when I do an update.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.