Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 10, 2014
I waited til we had a couple of storms before reviewing so I that I could put it through its paces. Wow what a difference this is over my 19 year old Ariens 7 hp snowblower. This thing just grins at the end of my driveway where the snowplows have piled up 2 feet of road snow and ice and then just shoots it over 40 feet! I love the tracks - they take a bit of getting used to over a wheeled blower because it CANNOT be manipulated be sheer human power - it only goes where you direct it with the hand controls but boy does it go anywhere. I can drive this beast down the hill to the back of my house to clear the back walkway and then drive it back UP the hill !! It shoots really far, has hand warmers (YES!) and a headlight. I do wish that the headlight didn't get blocked when you shoot snow to the right (they really should have put the lights in a better place) but I can now snow blow in the dark which is awesome. It starts right up the first time with no hesitation, even with the pull (although I love the plug in starter). I'm really happy with my purchase.
11 people found this helpful
on November 24, 2017
Let me begin by saying I did months of research prior to making the commitment to purchase this VERY expensive Snow Thrower. When it showed up I couldn't have been more excited. my neighbors all came over, gathered around, started it up, I engaged the drive forward and nothing. Reverse, nothing. We all sat around trying to figure out what was wrong be inevitably I had to take it to a authorized service dealer to have if fixed. This thing is huge so I had to rent a trailer, haul it an hour away to be fixed only to find out the unit I received didn't have any fluid in the hydrostatic transmission the pushes the drive track (think tank tracks). Great!! No big deal I thought. I live in Minneapolis and believe it or not we didnt get much snow that fist year, I think I used in 5 times. The following year when it was time to get it up and running....same issue, would not engage forward or backward. The dealer had told me the prior year if I had any problems with it being low to fill the reservoir with the oil they provided and I would be good to go. I did and he was right we were good to go. The 2nd year I used the snow blower maybe 3x's. He we are on the 3rd year but this year I noticed what looked like oil all underneath my snow blower on the garage floor. The previous year I had it parked on an old piece of plywood so didn't notice anything., And like every year since I made this purchase, it once again wouldn't move. Back to rent a trailer, back to the one hour drive to the dealer only to learn I have a shot transmission and husqvarna wont cover the $1,600 repair. This has been a problem since day 1 and they wont stand behind their products. I have a mower, piece of crap and a weed wacker..piece of crap too. BUYER BEWARE HUSQVARNA DOESN'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS...DO NOT BUY
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on July 10, 2014
Bought this Jan/2012 to replace a 14 yr old White track drive snow blower when its Snow King engine finally failed. This unit also has a Snow King engine. I have a 500ft gravel drive and I have found that a track drive running at the transport height for most of that length is most effective, At the time of purchase this was the best deal for the few track drives available. Its bigger than the unit it replaced so I have to work a bit harder turning it especially since the steering system on one side failed in the second year and last year the other side stopped working. More about that below. I have lost fasteners from the chute height adjustment and the drift cutters but now know to check that they are snug before using the machine. Otherwise it has been very reliable through some serious storms that hit us in South central CT the past two winters.

Negatives: The manual is insufficient for guiding you through even simple maintenance. For instance the instruction for removing the track drive just says to remove the spring clip and slide the track off the shaft. No mention of the two bolts down below that connect this section to the frame, and the tension spring that has to be removed before you can get the track drive off the shaft. Since you might want to do this procedure to get access to drain the oil it is not a once in a lifetime event and should be depicted in the manual. The steering system is a common complaint for this machine. It works fine in summer but apparently seizes up in the cold which of course makes it useless for its purpose. However, I just discovered a youtube entitled "Does The Power Steering On Your Husqvarna Snow Blower Stick? Here is a quick fix" that recommends using dry lube on the steering mechanism and I will try that for next season.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 16, 2014
When we received this snowblower it had problems and we had to find a dealer (Amazon does not cover it, despite Prime) and deliver it to them ourselves to get the parts. It took a few weeks and a lot of time from my husband. We were very disappointed. Since fixing the problem the snowblower has worked great. It clears even the ice encrusted snow we've been having lately. This has been one of the biggest snow years in the NYC area. We live just far enough north of the city so we usually get twice as much snow. It has handled all the snow as well as the ice layers from the melt, freeze, and freezing rain we have had to deal with. The tracks work great, never slipping and also not tearing up my lawn. It's only our first season using it, but I highly recommend it. Hopefully we will feel the same after 10 years of using it!
One person found this helpful
on February 6, 2013
Like most purchasers of snow throwers around here, I feel like I just insured the entire northeast against any further snow. But that could change this weekend! I have a rather long teardrop-shaped driveway, relatively flat but lots of area, and I also need a way to clear out to the woodshed. I like the tracks because everything else seems to have problems with weights and chains for traction. Lastly, I am on a county road and even when my Suby can make it through a good snowfall, the plow berm at the end of the driveway is often too hig... and mushy. I need a beast to break through that.

While I wait to see what happens, I will describe the setup. First of all, I was delighted at the "Amazon experience". Easy to select, buy and it showed up in like 4 days! The shipping pallet was cracked,but it is a heavy machine so a few marks on the outside of the shipping container did not alarm me; I did check for obvious signs of "hull breach" and found nothing serious.

Upon uncrating, I was a bit surprised to find it was never screwed down to the pallet from the factory, so had shifted in its orientation. Still, nothing looked damaged. As for assembly, well, let's just say I am an engineer with good knowledge of things mechanical and it still took me 3 beers to get it together. The manual is, shall we say, rather spartan in its descriptions and pictures. Nothing was what it should be, but it was manageable. Don't attempt this without confidence in your ability to put the puzzle together.

Once I mustered the courage to start her, I added oil (shipped dry), did a basic RTFM (it's my first snow machine), set the choke, added some hi-test and pulled the recoil. Started on the first try and it was one of the easiest recoils I'd ever used. One day I may try the electric :)

Took some practice laps; turning takes some getting used to with the tracks, and it's a bit hard to judge it under no-load. Had Jennifer run it around a circle too and she could handle it. Biggest pain is the foot-treadle lock for the pitch control. It is very hard to get it to lock properly in its level and transport mode, but not hard to get it into its contour-follow mode. I will need to investigate further and see if that is due to the odd shipping attitude, but maybe it will work itself out.

I will update when we get some snow! See if it goes up or down a star!

Peace from Woodstock
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 6, 2016
Bought last summer for 2015 winter. Last one available for a discontinued model. The price was right. I have a 350 foot long cement driveway. I replaced a 1994 24" Toro that would no longer throw snow. The likes. Motor starts and runs fine. Love the heated grips & electric start. Throws snow very far. The not so good. A beast to maneuver. With the engine off , you can't move the unit. It's a beached whale. If you need maneuverability this is not the unit.

I picked up a Harbor freight dolly, lifting by the handle bars and pivot on the auger frame while positioning the dolly with your foot under the tracks. Can now move anywhere with ease.
on November 9, 2012
After a few hours of reviewing various snowblower models and a visit to my local power tools machine dealer, I settled on the Husqvarna 1827EXLT. I purchased it through Amazon as it was the lowest cost I could find for this model and as a Prime member came delivered free to my door. Packaged tightly in it's own cardboard box with a wooden frame and delivered on wooden pallet. There was very little assembly and instructions were well written and diagramed. Only trouble I had was moving it from the wooden packaging and pallet. At nearly 350 pounds, this isn't very easy to move around while not running. So, after a month of this sitting in my garage waiting for winter to come, we just had our first snowfall of the year. 10" in total snow fall. I waited until the snow had stopped before firing this baby up for the first time. After a review of the operating instructions and a once over of the machine, I filled up the tank, inserted the key, turned on the switch, plugged it in and depressed the electric start button. 3 seconds later it started. I engaged the transmission, slowly adjusted the forward speed depressed the auger lever and away I went. I directed the shoot up and to the left. When it hit the snow it sent it flying into the air. I have a 350' long driveway with a 17 degree slope. Going downhill was a breeze. At the bottom, I squeezed the right hand trigger and the machine turned with very little effort on my part. I was concerned about going back up my driveway, but this unit with it's tracks handled it like it was on level ground. I will tell you, it sure beats shoveling. Very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend Husqvarna to anyone.
40 people found this helpful
on March 12, 2015
I bought this snow thrower for our new house in the mountains, and it worked so well that we had a record small snowfall. I only used it twice, and each time it rained the next day, completely clearing my driveway. In fact, each time it snowed this season, a warm rain immediately melted it. Must have been some snow thrower to be able to work that well.
on March 17, 2016
its a tank, but way to heavy. Track control is terrible . If u run out of gas good luck getting back to garage. U cant release the clutch. Would not purchase again. It dies start on first pull every time ... Needs better drastic improvement to make it livable
on January 22, 2013
I bought this great snowblower in hope she will the do the job and she did. Plenty of horse power to handle full height of snow. It is very precise to throw the snow excactly where you want it. And is way more affordable then Honda or Yamaha. Come with full equipment like LED spotlight, heating handle, and more.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.