Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Tomato Saver by Gourmac
Style Name: single|Color: Tomato Saver|Change

on January 3, 2017
Very poor design. To open you have to grasp and wiggle open or use a knife to pry open. To close---well it does not close properly. The 2 parts that connect have a bad locking mechanism. Your garlic will be on the floor, not in the food. I hate it but returning this cheapo item is not worth the hassle. I refuse to struggle --after long experience--with any contraption that is not user friendly first time, so it is in the dump. Potential buyers are duly warned on this very bad design item.
on July 19, 2016
I now have 4 of these containers; lemon, lime, onion and this garlic. I love them and they make it so easy to know what is in what container and my husband does not have to search all through the frig looking for it! I had a little difficulty getting this lid to go on easily but once i figured it out it was all good..There are little holes in the bottom of this one for air and I just leave it out on the counter by my stove because we use garlic almost daily. I put 2 cloves of large garlic in this so it holds a good bit.
on April 12, 2017
I purchased this a couple months ago. I put two slices of a lemon in it over a month ago and finally remembered those slices last night. To my surprise both slices were in perfect condition.
on January 16, 2018
I ordered 2 of these, on both the lids are so tight they're virtually unusable. I've tried using rubberized grippers, silicone grips, etc., to loosen the lids but, because the interlock between the two halves is not a spiral twist, but a slot-and-lock, the tabs on the lid that insert into the slot on the bottom are machined to be so tight that, once in place, it requires more work than is reasonable to get the thing open. I've tried rotating the tabs on the top to different slots on the bottom, thinking there's some sort of pattern I'm supposed to follow but that didn't produce a better result. My hands are strong, because of my work I use grip strengtheners daily; the problem with the lids being stuck isn't because my hands aren't strong enough to rotate the halves. I have a lime keeper with the clear lid, it's several years old and the lid on that is a spiral twist, not a slot-and-lock. The clear lid model is about twice the price of this one but worth it.
on August 2, 2013
And after you slice it you can keep them in here or eat those pieces and put the rest of the pepper in here. I also put small yogurt and pudding cups in here when I just open them up and only eat a little bit. After eating a little bit I don't want to put it in the fridge to see it tomorrow or the day after because it gets gross and messes up with everything in the fridge. So they fit in this and you can put them in here also.

I love how all these plastic vegi keepers look in one place full or not, and I love when people come over you can offer them a light snack with these as well. They're so cool and keep things longer for you. Try them you might like them, I think I bought all of the vegi ones and they're all great.

Also can be for hiding things in the fridge you don't want others to see because they never eat they're vegetables so they never go for them in the fridge. So hide the chocolate from them until they eat their vegetables and then give them some chocolate from this red pepper keeper. They'll laugh and laugh because they never thought to check it for chocolate and they wondered where the chocolate went to.
Top Contributor: Petson January 19, 2016
Great product, keeps your limes fresh after you cut them...easy to keep in the fridge or to throw in the cooler with a bunch of coronas. I can't believe I never bought one of these before. I would think it would also be invaluable to bars, restaurants, etc. It is small and only holds about 1-2 cut up limes at the most but still nice and at this price you can grab a couple of them if you need more.
on April 5, 2016
Love these veggie savers! My vegetable drawer can become a bit disorganized and already cut up veggies get lost among the other veggies and hard to find. You end up using a fresh tomato forgetting you already had one half used. That is no longer a problem with this. The already partially used red tomato is easy to find in this. Plus it looks nice on fridge shelf (not lost in drawer) adding color to your fridge while protecting the cut up tomato inside extending its shelf life.

It is better than using any other food storage container because with this, as with all the veggie savers, I don't have to wonder what is inside each container as it is the exact color and shape of the veggie it is meant to store. This makes it so easy to find the veggie you need quickly and get cooking!

Almost a year now and this tomato saver has been dropped on tile floor and nothing happens. Recommend!

(Got if for $3.99 plus tax July 2015.) I have previously bought the Hutzler Onion Saver, Red,Hutzler Lemon Saver,Evriholder Avo Saver Avocado Holder, and the Hutzler Pepper Saver, Red. Love them all!
66 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 1, 2017
Mushrooms really seem to last longer in this thing! Only problem is, there are only so many mushrooms it will hold. It is deceptively large and holds fewer mushrooms than I expected. A lot of it is lid. But, it's cute and works well. We have two!
on January 7, 2014
I bought one of these a few years back from my local supermarket. I haven't seen them anywhere since and I recently dropped mine onto our hard ceramic tile floor when trying to clean my fridge...the threaded top cracked leaving a big hole. My fault totally, but I realized how much I need this little tuppy. Other containers aren't the right shape, plastic baggies are messy and wasteful...this is perfect for keeping grapefruit halves fresh in the fridge or a lunch bag. I knew amazon would carry them so I re-purchased! If you like grapefruit you should get this.
on July 12, 2015
I love this. It is in my refrigerator all the time because I use lemons for my dressings and drinks. In fact I always have half a lemon balance and found that this container is useful for keeping the other half and believe it or not, it stays fresh for a few days. I actually bought one in a store a couple of years back. My sister saw it nicely in my refrigerator and thought it looks cute and wanted one. I went looking for it and couldn't find it in the store where I bought in the past. Then I went on Amazon and searched for it. They have got it! So I ordered it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.