HydroGlyde Premium Heavy Duty, Padded Sliding Bathtub Transfer Bench and Shower Chair with Cut-Out SEAT. Adjustable Legs and Safety Belt. Quick Tool-Less Assembly (Blue)
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE sliding transfer bench, bath and shower chair. Effortless sliding for safe, easy transfers in and out of the tub or shower. Platinum Health products are used in thousands of hospitals, nursing homes and private homes by users who value quality, safety, convenience and comfort over price. Quick TOOLS-LESS assembly in less than 5 minutes.
- SEAT CUTOUT WITH INSERT. The commode opening allows for unobstructed access to the perineal area for easy and effective washing. A snap-in insert section is included that can be easily and quickly added and removed from the seat as desired. A mounting bracket keeps the insert section within arms reach. Safety belt included.
- INSTITUTIONAL QUALITY DESIGN/BUILD. The frame of the HydroGlyde is manufactured with lightweight yet robust aluminum components. It will never rust and the durable construction prevents any wobbling, shaking or tipping. 100% reversible. Overall Height (Floor to Top of Backrest): 35” highest/30” lowest, Overall Frame Length: 38”, Overall Frame Depth: 20” at highest; 22” at lowest, Height from Floor to Crossbar: 18.5” highest/14” lowest, Seat Dimensions: 13” x 16”, Seat to Top of Backrest: 12”
- PADDED SEAT AND BACKREST for exceptional comfort. WARM to the touch compared to old-style hard plastic. The smooth gliding chair eliminates the dangerous need to shuffle across the bench like non sliding bath benches that can often lead to skin tears, knee and hip joint strain as well as falls. Note: OPTIONAL LEG EXTENSION KITS AND HORIZONTAL TRAVEL EXTENSION KITS ALSO AVAILABLE.
- HI CONTRAST COLOR FOR SAFETY. Our unique HI-VIEW BLUE color makes the key parts of the chair much easier to see by vision impaired and/or dementia afflicted users. Rather than blending in with the background like old-style white benches, the blue contrast color helps users distinguish the chair from its surroundings and significantly reduces slips, trips and falls- the leading cause of death by injury in people over 65. RESISTS STAINING AND DISCOLORATION compared to white benches.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
to customized your experience
Choose to have added surface area on the seat, or remove the cut-out to get full access to the perineal region for effortless, complete cleaning.
Padded Seat and Backrest
for superior comfort & skin tear prevention
Warm, soft padding makes bathing enjoyable, and allows for extended periods of sitting without discomfort. Most transfer benches are made of hard plastic which is cold to the touch.
Seat Slides Side to Side
for maximum safety during transfers
The sliding function of the HydroGlyde prevents slips, trips, falls and even skin tears by keeping the user secure in the seat while transferring in and out of the tub/shower.
Double Molded Handholds & Padded Handrail
for increased safety and ease of use
To reduce the risk of slipping out of the chair while providing peace of mind and independence to the user, three conveniently placed handholds.
Rock-Solid, Adjustable Aluminum Frame
to fit virtually any tub/shower
No guesswork in wondering if the HydroGlyde will be right for your tub/shower layout. The HydroGlyde's aluminum frame will never rust and can be adjusted perfectly to clear tub heights of up to 18.5 inches. An optional leg extension kit is available for tub ledges up to 21.5".
high-contrast color for best visibility
Our unique HI-VIEW BLUE color makes the key parts of the chair much easier to see by vision impaired and/or dementia afflicted users. Rather than blending in with the background like old-style white benches, the blue contrast color helps users distinguish the chair from its surroundings and significantly reduces slips, trips and falls- the leading cause of death by injury in people over 65.
The HydroGlyde is also available in Gray.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 28 x 17 x 8 inches; 12.6 Pounds
- Date First Available : October 7, 2016
- Manufacturer : Platinum Health
- ASIN : B01M3MOIGJ
- Best Sellers Rank: #49,261 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
. ***IMPORTANT*** REVIEW PRODUCT DIMENSIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING- CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL IMAGES TO FIND THE LINE DRAWING WITH DETAILED DIMENSIONS.
. ***IMPORTANT*** NOTE: PLEASE REVIEW LINE DRAWING AND DIMENSIONS IN THE THUMBNAIL IMAGE SECTION CAREFULLY PRIOR TO ORDERING TO ENSURE THIS ITEM WILL PROPERLY FIT THE USER AND THE INTENDED PLACEMENT LOCATION.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One factor is, wet skin doesn't slide.
That means getting out with a slide board from a standard type is dangerous, difficult, and exhausting.
This slider works perfectly and doesn't cost $2,000 and up.
Assembly was an easy snap together.
The rubber feet can be rotated to make perfect contact with the slope of the tub.
One trick is, if you loosen the screws on the bottom the seat belt can be removed and moved up on the back to form a chest strap for a more secure feel.
Only complaint is the cover for the center hole doesn't stay put as well as I'd like so I may look at a more permanent method of attaching it.
Possibly some aluminum straps and stainless screws on the bottom side.
The hydroglyde works great and I am happy with my purchase. I spent a little more than I wanted to but it was definitely worth it.
The free pad attachment is nice and makes the seat more comfortable than most hard plastic ones. I suggest this product for anyone who has issues getting in the shower.
Customers also viewed these products
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.