Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hydroton Original Clay Pebbles - 10 Liter | Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate Made in Germany
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The original Hydroton brand expanded clay is a unique, lightweight expanded clay aggregate made in Germany
- This natural clay is mined, formed into pellets, then kiln fired at high temperatures to cause the clay to expand into tough, lightweight balls
- Clay naturally has balanced capillary action, with an ideal surface structure
- Hydroton brand expanded clay is semi-porous and generally does not float like other products can
- For best results, rinse all expanded clay before use. It is reusable as long as it is thoroughly cleaned between uses. 50 liter bags feature an easy pour spout. Size Specification is 8-16 mm
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The original hydroton& reg; Brand expanded clay is a unique, lightweight expanded clay Aggregate made in Germany. This natural clay is mined, formed into pellets, then kiln fired at high temperatures to cause the clay to expand into tough, lightweight balls. Clay naturally has balanced capillary action, with an ideal surface structure. Hydroton& reg; Brand expanded clay is semi-porous & generally does not float like other products can. For best results, rinse all expanded clay before use. It is reusable as long as it is thoroughly cleaned Between uses. 50 liter bags feature an easy pour spout. Size Specification is 8-16 mm.
162 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 162 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pro tip: poke 3-4 holes in the bottom of the bag then open the top of the bag and run water through till it’s clear. There is a LOT of dust on these, and better to get a base rinse in the bag.
Am looking about using the pellets in an aquarium set up.
1. Soaked in water overnight.
2. All dust settled at bottom, so scooped out leca.
3. Rinsed in colander and soaked again overnight.
4. Scooped out leca again.
5. Boiled in pasta pot for 15 minutes.
6. Cooled and soaked in orchid fertilizer solution for 24 hours.
7. Placed orchids in glass container with leca.
8. All our orchids are now blooming again!
As a side note be sure to rinse everything well. Preferably outside. It can be really messy inside. I won't make the same mistake twice LOL
UPDATE: This is the 2nd bag I've bought. I'm extremely pleased with the product. It's a learning curve of going from bark medium to and inorganic one but well worth it! Especially the long term low cost. Even after using it on one orchid there's no reason to through it out. Just boil it for 10min let it cool and it's good to go again for the next orchid.