Hyke & Byke Shavano 32 Degree F 650 Fill Power Hydrophobic Down Sleeping Bag with ClusterLoft Base - Ultra Lightweight Men’s and Women’s Mummy Bag Designed for Summer Backpacking
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Hyke & Byke products are 3rd Party Tested and IDFL Certified so you know you are getting what you pay for! Our gear has been tested on adventures worldwide by 60,000+ customers.
- Want TWICE THE FILL and >50% WARMTH for only $30 more? Check out our 15 degree down sleeping bag on our Hyke & Byke storefront. SAVE SPACE and SHAVE WEIGHT with ultralight premium quality duck down filling (superior to synthetic) - nature's best light insulator with the highest warmth-to-weight ratio to beat the cold outdoor winter weather. Buy now and have zero regrets.
- STAY WARM as a result of duck down insulation capabilities and waterproof fabrics - the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm.
- HIKE FARTHER with the LIGHTEST MUMMY DOWN SLEEPING BAG available (weighs less than 1.9 lbs) for this quality at the price. Compare to other major brand names to see the price difference we achieve through direct-to-consumer sales. Summit any mountain or camp by the summer sea with these compact bags and have room for carrying your favorite fleece blanket or silk liner, goose filled pillow, and pad.
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY from ultralight water repellent 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner with two YKK zippers, wide shoulders and large footbox, snag-free velcro, drawstring, horizontal baffles, and compression stuff sack case for storage included. Comes in size Regular or Long (Tall / XL). Equipped for the trailhead, from the Alps to Everest.
- Hyke & Byke is a new brand of outdoor gear that started small but has quickly made a big impression on outdoor enthusiasts across the country (men, women, and kids alike). Our cosmic vision of providing double the value for every person (youth or adult) looking to go outdoors is possible through beating the big brands at cutting costs and connecting with our customers. See how we cut costs in our description below!
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
"Our philosophy is to offer the best products at the best value for the best purposes." Daniel E., Founder
ELIMINATING POVERTY THROUGH MICROLOANS
Hyke & Byke is a small but rapidly growing, independent outdoor gear company that was inspired and built by a group of entrepreneurial outdoors-men who wanted to use their passion for the outdoors to make a meaningful impact in the lives of others. We have struggled for years always trying to find a great deal on each product we buy to support our addiction to the outdoors. After years of turmoil, we felt we could change the outdoor gear industry by offering premium products for a great value while also working to eliminate poverty through funding microloans.
Hyke & Byke - Gear that Gives
WE PARTNER WITH KIVA TO HELP OTHERS AROUND THE WORLD GET OUT OF POVERTY VIA ENTREPRENEURSHIP! JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
Our company was founded on the principle of extending the wilderness to anyone who desires through providing premium quality products, that we ourselves use, affordably. We achieve this through our direct-to-consumer, fully cloud-based business model. Ultralight backpacking, bouldering, peak bagging, and camping are hobbies, a mindset, and a way of life that we want to share with everyone. So grab your Hyke & Byke gear and go find your trail!
Hyke & Byke Shavano 32°F 650FP Down Sleeping Bag
This Direct-to-Consumer premium quality ultralight 32 Degree mummy duck down sleeping bag for backpacking is the lightest, most compressible bag with the highest quality available.
Professionally designed for thru-hiking, backpacking, and camping, this bag boasts superior weight-to-warmth ratio and is the ultimate sleeping bag for saving space and weight.
Stay Warm as a result of Hydrophobic Down insulation capabilities and waterproof fabrics - the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm from 45 to 60 degrees.
Hike Farther with one of the lightest 32 degree mummy down sleeping bags available (weighs barely over 2 lbs).
Long Lasting Durability from ultralight water repellent 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner with double large YKK zippers and anti-snag slider, wide shoulders and large footbox, snag-free velcro, drawstring, horizontal baffles, and compression stuff sack case for storage included. Available in size Short, Regular or Long (Tall / XL).
- Material/Design Features: 400T Rip-Stop Nylon Fabric, heavy duty YKK zippers, horizontal designed baffles, Responsibly Sourced 650 Fill Power Premium Quality Hydrophobic Down, Allied LofTech base. Short: 2.02 lbs., Regular: 2.13 lbs. & Long: 2.24 lbs.
- Short: 72" long, 26" wide at the shoulders, 21" wide at the hips, 11" wide at the toe box (bottom), and 56” of shoulder girth. Short size bags are best for individuals up to 5'-6" tall.
- Regular: 78" long, 28" wide at the shoulders, 22" wide at the hips, 11" wide at the toe box (bottom), and 59” of shoulder girth. Regular size bags are best for individuals 5’-7” to 6'-1" tall.
- Long: 87" long, 32" wide at the shoulders, 26" wide at the hips, 14" wide at the toe box (bottom), and 64" of shoulder girth. Long size bags are best for individuals 6'-2" to 6'-6" tall.
- Compressed Size: This down sleeping bag compresses to 9" long and 6.5" in diameter.
- Compression Sacks: designed to be lightweight, but also tough. Sack body - ultralight water repellent 400T 20D ripstop nylon fabric. Sack top and bottom compression panels - 210D PU-coated nylon. 3 point compression straps are HD black nylon webbing and the connected quick-release black thermoplastic buckles.
Features and Benefits
SAVE SPACE and SHAVE WEIGHT with sleeping bags designed with intent to be lightweight and tough. The body of the sleeping bag is constructed with ultralight water resistant 400T 20D ripstop nylon.
HIKE FARTHER with the LIGHTEST MUMMY DOWN SLEEPING BAG available (~2 lbs) for this quality on the market. Stay extra warm with zipper baffles as well as hood and shoulder drawcords to hold in heat.
Hyke & Byke is committed to eliminating poverty through Kiva and improving animal welfare in the duck/goose down and feather supply chain by only using Responsibly Sourced Down in all our down gear.
Designed for Adventure - Oklahoma City, USA
- Tired of Foreign Brands? More and more outdoor products are coming into the market. The majority are foreign import companies that come in with low quality. "You get what you pay for..."
- Want Quality Gear? Unlike the competition, all of our products are designed and engineered with you in mind. Down to the last thread, our products bring the comfort and quality you are looking for in outdoor gear.
- Don't Want Name-Brand Cost? Our mission is to create honest, top-quality, and innovative gear for you to live your adventures, and with our premium products, that's what we've made!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, I can give a full 5-star rating because for the price, you get a really great sleeping bag that is perfect for light backpacking in colder climates. My camping mates were really impressed with how small the bag can compress. If you take proper care of it, it will serve you very well out in the field.
Update: I slept in the mid- 20's in very windy conditions (tent kept much of the wind off). I wore two pairs of wool socks, long-johns, thin nylon pants, wool sweater, and two fleeces, and I was fine. If I didn't have all the layers, I would have been very cold, but the bag is only rated to 30 degrees. Point being: You can use this bag in a very cold climate if you are dressed properly.
I wanted to write a review since this item had some comments that had me question if this was a good purchase for cooler nights and I think (along with a good sleeping pad) this is the best deal for a light, compacted sleeping bag with out sacrificing warmth.
On 2-3 day backpacking trips this bag compresses down really well to a tiny stuffsack. It fits in the sleeping bag compartment of my Osprey pack with room to spare. It’s super efficient and warm enough for ~3 seasons, but nothing too extreme. I believe it’s duck down, not synthetic, which has great rebound from compression and insulates well. The outer material feels a little plastic-y, but it has held up just fine. I really like the red color over the light blue, because it’s very rich and vibrant, more than the pictures make it seem.
I’d really recommend this bag for any backpacker, but especially beginners or those who are budget conscious. It’s a great bag that will keep you warm, light enough for long mileage trips, and only ~$100 which is as low as you’ll find with these specs.
Packing wise- these things are super easy to pack up. No major effort in stuffing them into the stuff bags. They cinch down great, don't take up much room and are super lightweight.
Warmth wise- air temps dipped down into the 20s. We were both wearing multiple layers, albeit me more than my son. (He's 14 and won't always listen, you all understand.) I even slept in my coat. With that said, I was perfectly warm, with the sole exception of my feet, but that's my own fault because I was only wearing one pair of wool socks and my feet are habitually cold anyway. My son said he got a LITTLE cold, but I don't think he wore enough layers. Even more impressive to me is that we were trying to do this trip pretty minimally. My boyfriend is former SF and strung us all up some sort of tarp contraptions about a foot or so off the ground, so none of us were even in a tent. It was pretty much this bag and nothing else between us and the air on the sides of us. Both my son and I had mats under us. His was thermal, mine was not. We both agreed that we felt warm under us. The top of the bags cinch up super tight and my son said he even got a little claustrophobic and was afraid he wouldn't be able to get out. Me, on the other hand, I found that cord and kept it pulled tight because that air was icy. There was snow under us and quite a bit of dew accumulated on us when the sun came up. Still warm and dry. Only thing I'm doing differently next time is bringing extra socks and investing in a lightweight Hyke and Byke tent because, neat as the poncho hooch was, I'm pretty certain I'd like a tent better.
Top international reviews
There's a one thing I get rid of one star, I wish you make inside of the sleeping bag with cotton or mixed with cotton and polyester.
Great company, great product, great price.
Erste Rezension: Ich suche schon etwas länger einen ordentlichen Daunenschlafsack, der bis etwa 0 Grad reicht und mich nicht die Kosten der nächsten sieben Urlaube kostet. Nun habe ich mir zum Test den Hyke and Byke Shavano bestellt und werde ihn auch behalten. Ich habe bereits eine Probenacht darin verbracht und bin sowohl mit Größe (ich bin 190 cm, habe Sack in Größe L) als auch Wärme zufrieden. Trotzdem gebe ich dem Schlafsack nur 3 Sterne. Die Gründe sind: 1. der Schlafsack ist verhältnismäßig schwer, obwohl er wie ein dünner Müllsack und damit viel leichter aussieht. 2. Die Marke Hyke and Byke stellt sich als uramerikanische, von ein paar Kumpels gegründete Kleinfirma mit Spezialisierung auf Ultraleichtschlafsäcke dar. Tatsächlich ist der Schlafsack natürlich Made in China (Etickett) und damit folgt natürlich die Frage: wo kommen die Daunen her? Ich wollte ja gerade nicht einen Sack aus Qualzuchtfedern und Lebendrupfung. Das kann ich hier nicht feststellen oder ausschließen und möchte das ohne weitere Information auch nicht behaupten. Aber es ist und bleibt ein Sack aus China, womit ich mich auch für einen Schlafsack der Marke Aegismax hätte entscheiden können, die auch aus China kommt und keinen Umweg über die USA macht. 3. Der Schlafsack kommt in einem sehr sehr engen Packbeutel. Ein Aufbewahrungssack ist nicht dabei. Den Packbeutel werde ich nicht benutzen, einen Aufbewahrungssack muss extra besorgt werden.
Nach langem Suchen steht für mich fest: einen richtig guten Daunenschlafsack mit ruhigem Gewissen gibt es erst ab 300 € aufwärts. Alles drunter ist Kompromiss. Der hier ist meiner Meinung nach eher gelungen, aber es kann aufgrund des Preises einfach kein perfektes Produkt sein.