- Series: Studien zur interkulturellen Geschichte des Christentums / Etudes d'histoire interculturelle du christianisme / Studies in the Intercultural History of Christianity (Book 74)
- Paperback: 603 pages
- Publisher: Peter Lang GmbH, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften (March 1, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3631484046
- ISBN-13: 978-3631484043
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Customer Reviews:
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,859,965 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Hymnody of the Harrist Church Among the Dida of South-Central Ivory Coast (1913-1949): A Historico-Religious Study (Studien zur interkulturellen ... in the Intercultural History of Christianity)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
«A valuable contribution to the incresasing amount of literature on hymnody in African Independent Churches.» (Leny Lagerwerf, Exchange)
«As a comprehensive collection of the earliest hymns still remembered by Dida Harrists today, this study represents a seminal work in the field of African religious music by charting the emergence and semantics of the Dida Harrist hymnody. Consequently, it makes a notable contribution to the literature and will be of value to historians, theologians, anthropologists and ethnomusicologists alike.» (Fiona Magowan, Journal of Religion in Africa)
About the Author
The dissertation was supervised by Prof. Elizabeth A. Tonkin at the University of Birmingham, England.
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|