Hyperion Explorer 2-piece Hybrid Protective Cases for Samsung Galaxy S5 Cell Phone (S5 EXPLORER, BLACK)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Protect your investment and your life line with Hyperion Cases. Custom designed to fit your phone perfectly to prevent scratches, fingerprints and protect from bumps and small drops. The front of the case covers the very front face of your phone to offer some protection.
- The extra cushioning points on all 4 corners offer the best protection available against drops and bumps.
- Compatible with ALL Samsung Galaxy S5 / SV US and International Models.
- Two Layer (Inner Silicone Core + Explorer Style Design Anti-Slip Hard Shell) easy to assamble lightweight Case (Weight 1.7 Oz).
- All Hyperion products are backed by our exclusive 2 Year No Hassle Warranty. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, just contact our friendly customer service team and we'll show why our service after the sale is unbeatable. In terms of quality, value and service, you won't find a better protective case in the industry!
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
What’s in the package?
1 - Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S5 Explorer Hybrid Case / Cover
1 – Warranty and Instruction Card
1. Remove all packaging.
2. Protective case should be at room temperature when installing onto phone. Remove harder plastic piece and gently move soft case around phone edges making sure all openings are in their proper place.
3. Snap plastic piece into place.
4. To clean, remove from phone and wash with warm water and soap. Let dry completely before replacing.
All Samsung Galaxy S5 / SV US and International Models.
Hyperion EA offers a 2 YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY! If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact our friendly customer service through the “Contact Seller” feature and we will be happy to assist you!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Arrived at my house in 3 days.
Allows you to lay the phone face up or down and wont scratch
Buttons don't respond well in the case
headphone jack small
Hard to take the phone out of the case
The white part collected dirt really easily and ended up looking like hell
Now, the things I did not like. The buttons are difficult to press with the case on. I have to press very hard to change the volume or to press the power button. Also, when using the kickstand, the volume buttons are on the bottom of the phone. If I want to change the volume, I have to pick up the phone, change the volume, then place it back down. They should have reversed the kickstand so the volume buttons would have been on top.
Overall, this case is great and is very inexpensive for the quality that you get.
Edit: I have one more complaint. I have been using this case for about one week, and the rubber cover is already peeling. I do not mistreat it. It is especially noticeable on the back and the corners.
It's a decent overall case, and come on - ten bucks? Yeah, if you're looking for a cheap case to protect your baby while Otterbox drags their feet with a case, this is great.
One "con" is that the power port does not allow my AmazonBasics microusb 2.0 charging cable to plug in. But I think that this problem is not exclusive to this phone and is more of a problem for anyone looking for a rugged case; make sure your power connector "fits" once the case is on.
The major con (and the reason I already placed an order for a Trident Kraken) in my opinion is that the hard outer layer feels "grainy" - the only way I can describe it is that the case feels like it's always dirty. I think it has something to do with all the aggressive lines and cuts made in the case to make it easier to hold/non-slip, but I dislike holding this case. So I dock the case one point on that count.
Pros: Good overall cushion from dual-layer design, hard layer outside (my preferred dual-layer design), minimal size increase to phone.
Cons: Buttons all but impossible to push, some charging cables I own do not fit the phone with the case on, grainy feel.
What I like the best about this case is that it is a PERFECT fit with the Seidio Dilex holster case. When I bought the Seidio Dilex case/holster combo, like everyone else, I was disappointed by the poor design of the case itself, which didn't allow you to quickly snap the case into the holster with just one hand. Loving the Seidio holster (hands-down, the best belt holster on the market), I thought I'd try to put the Hyperion case that I loved into the Seidio holster that I loved - BINGO! The Hyperion case is a PERFECT fit with the Seidio Dilex holster! There is absolutely NO play or movement when the case is holstered and it's very easy to snap the phone case into the holster with one hand.
If you're looking for a great case - especially, if you also need to case with a more-than-sturdy belt holster, then the Hyperion case combined with the Seidio Dilex belt holster is for you!