Hyperion Explorer 2-piece Hybrid Protective Cases for Samsung Galaxy S5 Cell Phone (S5 EXPLORER, BLACK)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Protect your investment and your life line with Hyperion Cases. Custom designed to fit your phone perfectly to prevent scratches, fingerprints and protect from bumps and small drops. The front of the case covers the very front face of your phone to offer some protection.
- The extra cushioning points on all 4 corners offer the best protection available against drops and bumps.
- Compatible with ALL Samsung Galaxy S5 / SV US and International Models.
- Two Layer (Inner Silicone Core + Explorer Style Design Anti-Slip Hard Shell) easy to assamble lightweight Case (Weight 1.7 Oz).
- All Hyperion products are backed by our exclusive 2 Year No Hassle Warranty. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, just contact our friendly customer service team and we'll show why our service after the sale is unbeatable. In terms of quality, value and service, you won't find a better protective case in the industry!
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
What’s in the package?
1 - Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S5 Explorer Hybrid Case / Cover
1 – Warranty and Instruction Card
1. Remove all packaging.
2. Protective case should be at room temperature when installing onto phone. Remove harder plastic piece and gently move soft case around phone edges making sure all openings are in their proper place.
3. Snap plastic piece into place.
4. To clean, remove from phone and wash with warm water and soap. Let dry completely before replacing.
All Samsung Galaxy S5 / SV US and International Models.
Hyperion EA offers a 2 YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY! If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact our friendly customer service through the “Contact Seller” feature and we will be happy to assist you!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a decent overall case, and come on - ten bucks? Yeah, if you're looking for a cheap case to protect your baby while Otterbox drags their feet with a case, this is great.
One "con" is that the power port does not allow my AmazonBasics microusb 2.0 charging cable to plug in. But I think that this problem is not exclusive to this phone and is more of a problem for anyone looking for a rugged case; make sure your power connector "fits" once the case is on.
The major con (and the reason I already placed an order for a Trident Kraken) in my opinion is that the hard outer layer feels "grainy" - the only way I can describe it is that the case feels like it's always dirty. I think it has something to do with all the aggressive lines and cuts made in the case to make it easier to hold/non-slip, but I dislike holding this case. So I dock the case one point on that count.
Pros: Good overall cushion from dual-layer design, hard layer outside (my preferred dual-layer design), minimal size increase to phone.
Cons: Buttons all but impossible to push, some charging cables I own do not fit the phone with the case on, grainy feel.
Arrived at my house in 3 days.
Allows you to lay the phone face up or down and wont scratch
Buttons don't respond well in the case
headphone jack small
Hard to take the phone out of the case
The white part collected dirt really easily and ended up looking like hell
First impression: Its inexpensive plastic and I was a little worried about the kickstand. After I put it on my phone and held it, I felt much better. To me, the current smart phones are too thin and feel like they could easily slip out of your hands. This case added some bulk, but not too much. Plus, the raised molding and black plastic make the phone much easier to grip and it doesn't feel so fragile.
- Inexpensive, but good quality
- Adds bulk, but not too much (my wife has an Otterbox Defender and that is too much)
- Seems to reasonable protect the phone and the screen is not surrounded by raised plastic
- Fits the phone like a glove
- Easy to install and remove (unlike my old Otterbox Commuter, which was a REAL pain)
- Looks cool (I got the blue, but the red looks like a Spiderman phone)
- The plastic around the openings are a little thick and should be slightly larger/thinner
- To insert headphone/remove the pen take a little more effort than I'd like b/c of the plastic thickness
- The covering around the buttons is a little hard, so you have to press harder on the buttons to get them to respond
- The kick stand only has one position and one orientation. Also, my son's friend has this case and the kick stand broke. The kick stand is not flimsy, but you should take reasonable care when using it.
Overall: A great case at a great price. I'm very satisfied.
Move forward to now about 2 weeks later and things are really starting to bug me. I am nowhere near hard on my phone, so I never saw the point of paying 30-50 for an otterbox or something so I decided to go with the Hyperion because it offered similar protection and an amazing kick stand feature. But now the coating that covers the harder plastic part that includes the kick stand and the corners are all starting to peel. The phone is usually in my pocket, it's never sitting on a desk or something for too long, I don't drag it across surfaces or anything. So when I pull my phone out now, I get small black shavings and marks in my pocket. I mean honestly...that shouldn't be happening...I know the case was only $10.00 compared to other more expensive ones but this I was not expecting and it's getting annoying.
I also have an older car, that does not have bluetooth built in. It does however have an aux input for the stereo. I have a slim type of connector in the car knowing that some phone cases needed the more narrow head to fit like my old case for my S3. That connector will not fit the headphone jack hole with this case on. So rather than take my case off everytime to use it in my car, I'm now carrying 2 phones with me in the car. The OEM headphone jack barely fits the hole too. It's actually really really snug. Kind of have to force it in.
The buttons are also very hard to press. Sometimes I need to do a double take because I'm not sure if I pressed it. I cant just press it and throw in my pocket without looking at it to make sure it turned off.
Come today when my friend gets a Note3 as well and has an otterbox on it. Great feel, big openings for the headphone jack and so forth and I love it a lot more than my Hyperion even though it's got no kick stand.
I'm usually not one to complain because I know that you get what you pay for, and I didn't pay too much for this case. But from all the really great reviews that other users have been giving this, I think I expected too much from it.
I'll hold out for another week and see how my friends otterbox holds up but at this point I'm seriously considering returning this and purchasing something else.
To wrap things up
1) Fits Great
2) Feels study and protective
3) Great Price
1) Light-Average Use for 2 weeks, and it's starting to peel at the corners and the kickstand.
2) Headphone Jack Hole way too small
3) Volume and Power Buttons really hard to press