Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 12, 2012
Great value. Extended battery works like the ones costing 3x as much. Back cover looks nice.

I followed instructions to drain the battery. The first drain lasted 8 hours or so, and after it shut down, I kept rebooting until it couldn't boot anymore. The second run on the battery went 18-20 hours with calls, texting, apps, and browsing during the day.

I have not tested NFC.
11 people found this helpful
|1010 comments|Report abuse
on October 30, 2013
I've been using this extended battery for about 6 months now. It works, but it doesn't give me as much new battery life as I expected. With normal use, it gets me through the day. If I've just got the phone on, not actually using or listening to music or anything, it will last a day and a half. The battery itself is fine, which is why I'm giving it three stars.

The real problem, I think, is the new back cover.

Because the extended battery is larger than the old battery, it comes with a new back cover that is made to fit over the larger battery. I'm pretty sure this cover does not fit as snugly as the old one did. This often comes loose in my pocket or purse. This causes the battery to come loose, and the phone to turn off periodically. I have to take the back cover off, reseat it, and put the cover back on before I can reboot the phone. I miss calls, among other things. This happens maybe two or three times a week. This never happened with the old battery or cover.

It's not such a problem that I've bothered to get a new one. I'll continue using this until I get a new phone.
on January 28, 2014
With this battery I have doubled the battery life of my verizon G-Nexus. Before getting this battery I would get like 5-6 hours out of the phone with a little over an hour of onscreen time. Now I get a little over 2.5 hours of onscreen time with about 12 hours away from the charger. I just bought this battery a little over a month and I have to say I'm kind of happy about the results. This is no longer my daily driver so I don't mind the extra heft that the battery adds to the phone. Using the G-Nexus with the Hyperion 3500mAh as my home phone I get a little of 2 days of usage. This was the reason I actually bought this battery to make the G-Nexus my home phone and so far its working out fine.
on June 10, 2013
I ordered this battery very soon after getting my new Nexus and finding that the included battery wouldn't last the day even with the phone mostly idle. I did not receive instructions with the battery, but based on reviews here and elsewhere did a full drain and recharge. The first full charge, with very light use, lasted a whopping two days, 19 hours, and 26 minutes. The second full charge, with more typical use (primarily texting, some data) lasted 2 days and just shy of 14 hours.

The back cover is nice and fits well. Unfortunately it makes the phone too bulky for the case I ordered, even though the latter manufacturer said it would fit an extended battery, but I sort of expected that. Definitely worth the tradeoff for better battery life. Only docking a star because 1) instructions referred to weren't included and 2) I've owned the battery less than a week (if it still performs this well months from now I may add a star).
on August 29, 2013
I don't really know what to say. I bought this in hopes of getting full day battery life. They shipped me the wrong battery with the first shipment, but they quickly replaced it and sent the new one in 2 days. It's ok. I always thought you only had to fully drain and recharge the first week or so. When I let it fully drain it last me a day. If it is any thing less, it last me about 2 hours more than my regular battery did. I am buying another regular battery at this point. I guess I'd rather just have a backup on hand instead of dealing with how large this one is. It isn't a huge deal about the size but it does make it weigh a lot more. I liked the sleak feel of the regular battery. Also I could only find their Hyperion honeycomb case to fit over my extended battery. It didn't fit right and was lose on the sides. Drove me nuts, so that was totally useless. I don't like that I can't find any other more protective/better fit case. I would rather have to change the battery half way through the day than worry about dropping it and breaking it because of crappy case selection. These phones are too nice and expensive to stress about that.
on May 13, 2013
My main gripe with my nexus was the fact I had to charge it maybe two or three times a day depending on what I was doing. I use this phone constantly, and I was even using juice defender to save the battery, but when I used it I would turn the brightness up and browse the internet over 3/4g. Within 3 hours of waking up and in the day I'd already be down 30%.

I ordered this battery and its perfect. I drained it completely and did a full recharge following the directions and it lasts all day. Now I browse and use it at full brightness all day (the way I believe the phone is intended to be used). This battery is great. I even sometimes try to drain it during the day to see how much juice it really has. I was streaming music wirelessly in the car, with GPS and google navigation on for well over 2 hours. I lost maybe 10% life.

This battery has enabled me to not have to worry about constantly being around a phone charger as was my previous issue. This thing will last an average user about two days on a single charge. For a very heavy user like me, I only have to charge it overnight (by the time I'm in bed, roughly a 17 hour day, I'm still about 35%).

The back is pretty extended out, but I dont feel like it is that big of an issue really, in fact, I think it actually makes holding the phone with one hand easier due to the lip at the bottom. The back that they provide is excellent.

I was also worried about the size, but this too proved to not be an issue. I wear fairly tight fitting jeans some of the time and this phone still fits in my pockets comfortably. I would highly recommend this product to anyone in the market for an extended battery. It has performed phenomenally, definitely pick this up.
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 22, 2013
I recently purchased this extended battery pack and was initially disappointed because while the battery was great and offered a huge improvement over the stock battery, the back cover did not fit properly and not all tabs locked in. I decided to live with it but over a few weeks it got worse to the point that the back cover would not stay on.

I decided to contact the manufacturer and see if they would be willing to send me a replacement back. They asked for the model of my phone and after I provided it they let me know that I HAD ordered the wrong part. I had a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and I had mistakenly ordered a Sprint battery and backplate.

This was entirely my mistake but despite this they offered to send me the correct backplate, and indicated that I should really replace the battery with the correct model also. Despite this all being my fault, they sent me a replacement backplate AND a replacement battery all at no charge. And to top it all off they did not even require that I ship the old part back (I certainly would have expected to do this at a minimum and at my expense since this was all my mistake). Instead they just asked me to properly dispose of the incorrect battery.

Wow. Talk about above and beyond support for a problem that was all my own doing. They have earned a future customer for sure and I would highly recommend this product both in terms of the quality of it and the post purchase support. 5 stars!
One person found this helpful
on June 9, 2013
The plastic notches that are supposed to line up with the back of the phone did not. One was slightly off. This did not allow the back plate to fit snug to the phone and in turn did not allow the case I purchased to fit right either. Once the one tab was filed off, it fit much better.

With this battery I listened to 2 hours of streaming music (from full charge) and had 1/2 a charge left. Better than my previous battery, but I was kind of hoping for more. I am new to extended batteries so maybe I had unreasonable hopes.
on January 19, 2013
I had a Hyperion in my last phone so I already knew I was buying a good product at a low price. I actually bought this before I got my phone, I knew I was getting the phone so I ordered this ahead of time so I could have it day one! Lol, I text alot, I surf the web, I watch videos on my phone, and I play games so I need all the juice I can get! This is a great battery and it even has a warranty along with amazons great return policy you cant go wrong here folks!
One person found this helpful
on September 30, 2013
I purchased this battery at the very end of 2012 (about 10 months ago) for my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. The battery has been great since I bought it, giving me a ton of extra life so that I don't have to be tethered to a charging cable all the time.

Recently, I started having an issue with the battery. I contacted Hyperion by email on a Sunday. By midday Monday, I received an email saying that they had shipped me a new battery at no charge, and they won't even require me to ship the old one back. I am thorough impressed with the life of the battery and Hyperion's customer service. I will definitely purchase from them again in the future.

Thank you, Hyperion!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.