& FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Protects your front facing camera lens and inside lenses from scratches
- Keeps vision clear and protected
- Contains two sets of front facing camera lens protectors, lens protectors, packets of lens cleaning papers and applicator cards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Say goodbye to scratches and smudges! Hyperkin's Virtual Reality Lens Protectors for the HTC Vive specializes in guarding immersion and lens quality. Protect your Virtual Reality Head Mounted Display's lenses and keep your virtual world crystal clear.
Top customer reviews
After re-reading this, I should note that applying them will not be issue free but if you take your time and pay attention to detail it will help. I would also recommend watching the video. The lenses are not perfectly flat nor easy to get to, do not go into this expecting it to be as easy as a childrens sticker book. I suspect the people who mentioned having issues with bubbles later either did not clean/dry the lenses properly or they did multiple applying with the same protector.
Do dry runs (do not peel off anything) putting them on to see how they are going to fit. So when you go to do it, you already know the position and where your going to start from.
1. Hyperkin is one of the few in arms reach solution for protection for the HTC Vive lens gaurds and silicone covers for the hmd and controllers. I hope they continue to push out better quality solutions.
2. The front camera gaurd is fantastic!!! Looking clear as crystal and I can't even tell it's there at all...why can't the inner lens be the same way?
3. Peace of mind! I store my vive in its box and foam inside of a large drawer of my desk completely safe and it still gathers dust on the lens and bothered me everytime I took it out. Now I use a lens cleaning brush for the interior and only clean the lens with a microfiber as a last resort they stay clean longer it seems.
1. Installation Frustration.
The lens gaurd is cut exactly perfect to the lens which on their part is awesome but you have to place them perfectly due to the curvature of the lens it's almost impossible to do right with the first set. What I did was clean my hands and lightly moisten my finger tips with some electronic screen cleaner and dab them on a clean microfiber towel so I wouldn't leave fingerprints as much if I had to peel it back up.
2. Bubbles and creases.
You will have to learn to live with the imperfection vs protection most likely there will be bubbles they never show up during gameplay though so don't worry about it.
3. Warping and distortion...
There is a strange distortion that is noticable. All you can do is make sure your dpi and distance is well calibrated and try to forget about it.
The biggest issue came when I tried to remove the god forsaken "protectors", because in 3 of the 4, the second tab completely ripped off. I could barely remove the actual protector without scratching the lens itself...but I managed. Never have I been more terrified of harming my 800 dollar device. Maybe you manage to get it on, or maybe you're like a lot of others who couldn't. I do NOT recommend this.Too finicky, too risky, and it's only worth 2 dollars at best.