Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 20, 2017
Stumbled onto Antony and the Johnsons a few months ago in a review of Leonard Cohen covers in The Daily Beast. Feels like finding a buried treasure. Every song in this collection is outstanding. Reminds me for some reason of Kurt Weill, beautiful, haunting, divine and very real.
One person found this helpful
on October 22, 2017
A 5-star album marred by a sub-par vinyl pressing. A fair amount of pops and ticks. Not quite enough to prompt a return, but enough to make me want to listen to my lossless digital version of this beautiful work.
on December 27, 2017
When I first heard Antony and the Johnsons back in 2005 I was absolutely floored by this collective ensemble of pure talent. The feeling has never left. I'm still amazed and still in love. Never has there been a singer with so much raw emotion in every single note.
on February 8, 2008
Product as described, price excellent, timely delivery.
What recording company fool decided to put Antony in the "Easy Listening" category?! Sure, his amazing voice is easy to listen to, but this is NOT elevator music. The band is tight, Antony's voice is flawlessly on pitch and totally original. Forget what you've read about comparisons to other singers, he's got his own style and swing. Great for jazz lovers (and I'm one), altie fans and anyone with an ear for unusual, adventuresome virtuosity.
2 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2013
You will either love or hate this. Me? I love it. It moved me so much that I read everything I could find on his life. This is so much more than just music. Listen carefully and you will learn something about life's struggles and the courage to accept yourself.
on January 30, 2017
Came as expected. Great album.
on July 16, 2015
Love Love Love!!!!
on April 25, 2016
Great pressing... I liked the whole album but this LP made me love it on vinyl. Very good buy if you're familiar with and like this stuff. Renews my faith in modern bands pressing vinyl records.4.5 stars.
on March 11, 2012
strange and lovely, stay away of melodrama blocks your appreciation. For me, it is just nice to hear something different and powerful
on June 8, 2014
In wonderful condition. Works as if it was brand new. I would order here again. Thank you sooo much. The low price was awesome too!!!!!!!!!!