Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• I Am
  • Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 927 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,082 reviews
on June 3, 2015
I saw this documentary when it was first released and recently was discussing it with a friend when I realized, hey, I can purchase it and watch it again. And in doing so, I actually watched it and took notes and reflected on what I learned the first time. This was an amazing insight into theories about what things we should be doing to promote good and compassion and cooperation. Having watched it again, I found myself re-motivated to "be the change I wish to see in the world". Some famous guy said that....

I think every high school senior should watch this. Perhaps by doing so, we can create a generation of individuals who begin to look differently at our connections and how cooperation can save us.

Extraordinary and recommended for anyone who wants to lead others, or does it as a result of just being on this planet. But well done in that it is funny, a little sad, and amazingly insightful. Buy it so you can share it with others. "You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire." We need to change the way we see things, or we will see our world changing to our detriment, and if we all take hold of our little piece of the world, we can together make a difference.
on March 31, 2013
I just watched this twice in one day, so I have a very fresh recollection of it's contents. This is a very uplifting film, and is NOT supposed to be a scientific flick. If you want one of those, go and rent The Living Matrix, or read some of Greg Braden's books.

I AM is the story of a personal transformation of someone, who at the peak of his life, thought he had everything he could possibly want; Success, Wealth, Fame, Admiration, and yet, at the end of the day, that wasn't enough to make him happy. Through a series of interviews with viewpoints of different prominent (and some not as prominent) people from across the globe, he touches on the different cultures he encounters and how it made him aware that there is so much more to the life he's living. Only a small section of the film really involves him, as he shows the audience how the journey in the making of this movie is what prompted him to make changes to his life. As a result of these changes, he's a happier man, and being much more of service to others. Granted, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who is that famous and wealthy already, but he gives you a glimpse into his heart as he moves into his mansion, then closes the door at the end of the day and feels lonely.

This movie was truly professionally filmed (how could it not be, in the hands of such an experienced movie maker). He shows joyous wonderful moments, like when the Dalai Lama rushes over to hug a young girl with such enthusiasm that is becomes a truly heart warming moment. Another scene of a little boy laughing at the camera, in sharp contrast with a little boy in africa with sadness on his face. Let's face it, life for the majority of people is a struggle. For someone who has been given the best success that can be gotten, he's a good person for making this movie. I didn't find it self serving, as other reviewers have mentioned. He had no need to make this movie, but he did it for the greater good, and I applaud him for it.
on December 28, 2015
One of the most important and moving films I have ever watched. Sadyak and company take views on a serious and fun fun journey through our word to understand why - for all our collective effort to have everything - so many feel so empty and dissatisfied. In the process of recording the journey, I AM transcends from mere documentary into a profound work of art because like all great art it has a power to reveal who each of us really is through our individual reactions. I AM includes wonderful interviews with scientists, poets, and religious leaders that uncover the common ground of all human experience. A hidden gem of our age.
on June 12, 2017
This movie is amazing. Funny at times, hopeful at others but in the end, sobering. Who's responsible for being the change we want to see in the world? That question, as well as the most recent develops in the field of neuroscience, health and the interconnectedness of all things are discussed. A must-see for everyone who cares about themselves, their neighbor, the planet, and the cosmos.
on May 21, 2017
This documentary was very beautiful and has a wonderful meaning that should be shared with the world. I believe for people to start showing love and compassion in the world like it is today that Marc Ian Barasch should make his documentary free, so the seed can be planted, If you know what I mean and people will wake up to the love they each have in them that can be shared to make someone else's life a little better. Plus it feels good to make someone else's life a little better.
I know of one producer that made his documentary free, so the whole world would know the truth about the harm of a pharmaceutical. His name is Shane Kenny and his documentary is called The Benzodiazepine Medical Disaster. This documentary talks of the harm they cause to the central nervous system. These medications cause almost the same symptoms much like Marc Ian Barash's brain damage he had and his suffering that he went through
on June 9, 2015
I dont see the point of trashing Shadyac... or "pseudoscientists" either. We all have something to say, and we are free to choose our beliefs and behavior. I enjoyed listening to Desmond Tutu - he's amazing - and others, and was a little surprised watching Shadyac's ego displays. The big jolt (given that the video is meant to inspire and to build community) was watching the repeated videos clips of people being physically slashed or walloped in sensitive areas. I found no comments about these violent parts in the reviews, and have tried to let go of some of these horrible, nightmarish images. Folks, especially those with children, might appreciate knowing about this content. Shadyac, who was making a point, could have done so with fewer and with less gruesome images. Not being numb to watching violence, I am sorry I found no mention of it in reviews. I will not, in good conscience, pass this on to a friend, or anyone...
on January 3, 2014
I chose I Am due to the intriguing description and the opportunity to vicariiously sit in on interviews of some of the leading great minds of our time.

I received the DVD in two days through Prime - watched it that afternoon and am writing the review this next morning. I suggest several viewings. I made three pages of notes from the first viewing alone.

No only did I thoroughly enjoy Tom's story, but I was especially intrigued by his intial questons of : What's wrong with our world? and What can we do about it? I am now writing my second e-book on Quantum Interactictions and Tools for Prosperous Living. The first e-book, Quantum Moments and Keys To Prosperity is due to be published in late winter 2014.

Tom not only provided me with some great information to reference in my current book, but also introduced me to many great authors, poets, teachers, religious leaders and scientists. Each gave their views on the :fundamental endemic problem that causes all of the other problems.

Last night I purchased at least one book from each of these great minds as references to my own work. Much of the knowlege in these additional works reinforces Tom's position.

Early on Tom quotes Albert Einstein: "Humanity is going to require a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive". This view is not unique, but is becoming a more common view in our 21st century milieu.

Tom ends with: "we discovered what's right about the world". Be the change you want to see."

Boyd K. Smith, Ph.D.
CEO - New Ways To Prosper
newways2013.com
newways2013@wavecable.com
on January 20, 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised at many aspects of this movie. In fact, it was so inspiring and so full of ideas and information that deserved serious contimplation that I ended up watching it twice! Be open to suspending your point of view and receptive to thinking of yourself and the world in a completely different way - this film is not out to change your mind, but to give you something to think about. The film's creator, having encountered serious health issues, takes it upon himself to travel the globe in order to interview some of the worlds most intelligent and enlightened minds regarding what's wrong with the world (i.e. mankind), where did we take a wrong turn, and how can we take the small steps needed to arrive at a big change. Understand why humans are connected at their very basic level, why animals are programmed to work together for the good of the whole, and how the human brain and heart are forces in their own right. One concept that particularly sticks with me is that when you disagree with others, rather than wonder what's wrong with them and continue in conflict, take responsibility for asking yourself what can you do to show those folks the right way. In essence, don't angue, continue towards your goal and teach along the way. The visuals are fabulous, the conversations fresh and thought provoking, and the last 15 minutes alone incredible passionate and inspiring. I'd recommend follpwing this up with another film put forth by this films creator, "Happy". Both films will make you think, if not restore your faith in human kind.
on August 23, 2013
We watched this documentary at Triennium, which is a Presbyterian affiliated conference. However, it is really not just for Christians. In fact, the only reference to the Bible I can remember is a quote from Jesus Christ which was among quotes from Ghandi, philosophers and pop culture figures. Though it does not push religious views on te audience, it does emphasize the notion that we are all connected around the world. Shadyac shows (through science) that we are not only connected as people but as living things. There are some really cool experiments shown, which I don't want to spoil for you, that actually prove this. But the whole idea is that we all have this sort of 6th sense of compassion that brings us all together and that every little thing we do affects something or someone somewhere. I highly encourage you to take the time to watch this movie.
on July 22, 2017
I must have watched the wrong movie than everyone else? I see a man who only cared about success and then
the same man after almost dying seeing the world as something different, maybe better. I really didn't understand, please
explain this to me?