Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on November 29, 2014
I enjoy watching reruns from some of the TV shows from many years ago. Some TV shows from yesteryear are much better than some of the ones made today. "I Dream of Jeannie" has always been one of my favorite comedies. It doesn't hurt that Barbara Eden played Jeannie. She was smokin' hot and incredibly sexy in her little Jeannie outfit so men love watching her, but the show was tastefully made so that it is pleasant for women and children to watch. When I saw that Amazon had the entire series, I purchased all five seasons. Even though I have not had the time to watch every episode, I have watched at least two episode of every season. Even though they are not as high resolution as Blu-rays are today and considering that most of these episodes originally aired in the late 1960s, they are remarkably sharp. I'm glad I purchased the B&W first season because I wanted them as they are were originally made. The colors in the Seasons 2-5 discs are well saturated, but might be off just a touch. After watching several episodes throughout the entire series, I believe they are the same as I have always seen on reruns without any edits. I have not noticed any differences. Since I know what these are like and if I didn't already own these, I would buy the entire series from Amazon. They are a great value for the price.
on September 16, 2015
Jeannie is simply the most adorable (and the most beautiful) 2000 year old genie who ever walked the planet! Somehow, I missed her when she was doing her thing on TV back in the '60s, but I caught up while recovering from cancer three years ago, and I do believe that Jeannie helped pull me through! Now, I stay healthy by watching an episode every night while drinking my soursop tea. She also inspired my romance novel "Eustacia's Secret: A Love Story" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBXUREG). Life without Jeannie would be unthinkable!
on January 4, 2016
This is my favorite season of IDOJ. Barbara looks so beautiful and she is in her famous mini skirts more often in this season!! They've added some background music during scenes for this season that adds to the Campiness of this season. The stories are a little more silly than the previous two seasons. Overall, it's my favorite up there with season 2!
on March 5, 2017
A great fun Tv show. When TV was worth watching.
on April 26, 2017
Love the oldie but goodies!
on May 22, 2016
The second best TV comedy ever made, beat out only by "The Munsters". O.k, Lucy too. Notice how comedy anymore is just verbal volley ball? Nothing to really look at. You can listen in the other room and not miss a thing, and few laughs. The great old comedies have physical talent not matched in years. I love this show. I laugh 'til I cry on many of these episodes!
on July 23, 2010
I Dream of Jeannie has always been one of my favorite shows. I was a kid when it was on the network, back in 1965. However, this Third Season collection is from 1967-1968. The show has easily-accessible features and episode lists. The digitization is good, considering it's only a DVD, and not a Blu-ray Disc. Several fun episodes, including the 4-Part episode: "Genie, Genie, Who's Got the Genie?" where Jeannie accidentally gets locked in a moon safe; "The Greatest Con Artist in the World," with Milton Berle, to name a few. For being over 40 years old, the color is still as vivid as ever. The young Barbara Eden is as beautiful as ever. If you're looking to expand your collection of classic TV shows, this is certainly on the list.

The only glitch I noticed, is the episode "My Son, the Genie," with Bob Denver is on disc 2, but is listed as the first episode on disc 3.

Anyway, you're sure to have fun watching this "laugh-fest."
on April 20, 2017
Excellent series
on January 31, 2007
You probably already know this show and its premise. The third season is a turning point. To a large degree, Jeannie sheds her harem costume for normal clothes (BTW, this season was filmed in color, as was the second. But the coloring here seems to be very brilliant--it really stands out and grabs your attention.) My goodness, that woman is pleasing to the eye! Nevertheless, the fact that Jeannie is clad in regular clothes allows for a whole new type of episode. The change is greater than when Roger found out that Tony has a genie. No longer is she stuck at home, periodically popping in at NASA, but she is out-and-about, meeting and interacting with people and being a major figure in most of the sketches.

Jeannie's evil sister is introduced this season and that opens up a whole new range of problems. Also, in this season, the show seems to have 'arrived,' as it landed a number of guest appearances from well-known celebrities, including Milton Burle, Bob Denver, and the pop duo Boyce and Hart.

If you liked this show when you were growing up, you'll love it again. However, please do not try to find any hidden meaning to life's problems in this show. It was designed to be silly and whacky! IT'S A FANTASY!! Please keep that in mind when you watch OR REVIEW this show!
on October 28, 2007
Who can ever forget this series. I still want to be Jeannie to this day.

If you have never seen this before you are missing ALOT.

I love the fact that this is innocent yet sexy.
The costumes are eye candy and the special effects were great for its day.
But most importantly it is HILARIOUS how Jeannie is always getting into one mess after the other often getting Major Nelson into trouble.

Jeannie's charachter is naive, yet smart, sexy and overly jealous of her Master(who freed her by the way when he opened that bottle).

Major Nelson is handsome, and good hearted and is finally learning that he cant control Jeannie but he still takes her for granted.

Major Healy is his selfish yet lovable best friend(who knows about Jeannie).

Dr Bellows is the military space base psychiatrist who is always getting into trouble with all the Generals because he cant prove something is amiss with Major Nelson.

This season Jeannie's evil sister Jeannie shows up and creates even more chaos.

This is simply the best sitcom to ever hit the TV screen.

UP there with Little House and Quantum Leap.