Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 565 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 711 reviews
on October 5, 2016
I funny! He funny! Wait, what comes next? Oh, yea. WE FUNNY. This book is a big mixture of sadness and comedy. I would recommend this book to people that are always in the mood for laughing. Like Jamie Grimm! This boy tells jokes on a wheelchair and he doesn't even fall down with all the laughter he's had at the Hopeless Hotel. I, am goi to read I Even Funniest!
on November 12, 2016
It was a decent book. No complaints. Well, maybe one. the jokes for fine. One or a two I did not get. Well, since this is a book review let's start.

It is about a middle schooler named Jamie grim. He never says anything really about his past, and in a book review it spoiled the ending, but I wanted to see it first hand so I got the book. His step brother is an utter jerk. So if you don't like things like that then maybe you should not get this book.
My favorite part is the end though.

I am not going to be that one review that spoiled the end, so go to a another review if you want that... Or get the book!😏
on February 10, 2013
My son, a fourth grader, and I read this book together each night before bed. We both loved it. He loved the bathroom humor - you know the farts, burps, and butt jokes that are so humorous at that age. And he also loved the serious side of the story. When Jamie tells "Cool Girl" about the horrific event that caused him to end up in a wheelchair, we both cried. When Jamie competes to be the funniest kid comic, we both laughed and cheered. I highly recommend this book. It helps children see the good and bad, the funny and tragic, while giving them a wonderful role model in the main character, Jamie.
on March 15, 2017
Good for middle school aged children. It's actually very sad and not all that funny. But, it's a great story.
on April 23, 2014
As an adult I enjoyed the book, but I'm not the intended audience. My middle-school son is and he loved it and is begging for the and one fr his Kindle already. As a librarian specializing in young adult literature, this isn't a classic "Tom Sawyer" but it isn't meant to be. It has great appeal for t's audience and gets them reading. It's a book I will certainly keep several stocked on the library shelves.

A side note: I think James Patterson writes stories aimed for this audience bette than his popular adult novels.
on June 23, 2016
This is a great book. It's funny, includes a whole cast of characters, and not everything is perfect for the main character. A great story for middle school aged kids or for someone who wants a laugh. It's a great combination of funny and possible real life.
on March 9, 2014
These books, although I've never read them, are highly entertaining and something that our kids seem to enjoy. I trust their opinions, especially considering the amount of reading that they do, so when I buy a book, it's because I know they'll be re-reading it at least a few times. This book has been in our vehicle, our house, and taken places that we've visited, so I can say that it's a hit.
on July 25, 2013
This book is hilarious! WARNING: Spoilers! I funny is about middle schooler Jamie Grimm who is in a wheelchair. My sister is also in a wheelchair, so I can relate.

I would recommend this book for kids who liked diary of a wimpy kid, and big Nate. Or kids who are in 4th or 5th that really like to read.

I know it is not free, but it is definitely worth it!

There are 69 chapters of James Patterson magic!
on June 11, 2014
I thought that this was a pretty good book. It was very well written and kept me on the edge of my seat at the end. But most of all it was very funny. Yes, some of the jokes were corny, but they were still funny. Like when Jamie says: "Do you think if George Washington was asked for ID he just pulled out a quarter?" Like that is corny yet funny. I would recommend this book to ages 8 to 14. Overall it is a good, funny book that almost anyone (of all ages) would enjoy.
on May 3, 2017
I read to my 8 year old son, every night, before bed. It all started with Rafe K. and the Middle School books and continued into Jamie Grimm and the I Funny series. We both love the stories and the characters and even talk about them when we're not reading! Keep them coming!