Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on April 16, 2017
This is one of my favorite children's books. The illustrations are beautiful. Tots can learn about baby animals. It is also great for cuddles while you read to your child. I advise you to start reading it to your baby as soon as you bring him/ her home. I have purchased this book many times as baby gifts.
on July 14, 2017
Adorable little book to welcome any little one. Beautiful illustrations. Various animals expressing love to their babies with a human mama and her baby at the end.
on August 28, 2014
I cannot read this book without crying. It is just so beautifully written and illustrated. And it's a lovely way to teach children about love. My children loved having this book read to them as babies and toddlers, cuddling up in my lap and enjoying the images of animal moms and babies. If I'm only giving one book to someone having a baby, this is the book I choose -- even if I have to special order it because it's not available in stores. My children are teenagers now, but I still get choked up when I think of the last line of the book, which, if memory serves is, "Sleep child of mine, as the stars shine above, I love you as much as a mother can love."
on September 5, 2006
This beautiful book is one of my all-time favorite childrens' books. It grows as your baby grows - it can be one of the first books you read to him/her, because it's simple enough to keep an infant's interest; then as he/she gets older and starts learning words you can point to the familiar things on each page and he/she can say them; later still you can talk to him or her about animal mothers and babies in all kinds of different environments. Each page is a beautiful painting, and the board book format encourages touching and page-turning. I will confess that it usually makes me cry at the end, not from sadness, but with love for my kids, when it makes the connection between animals and humans - we are all the same, we care for our babies, we love them as much as - or more than - anything.
on February 9, 2017
This is such a sweet book, and beautifully illustrated. All the animals parents love their babies just as much as we love our little ones!
on July 28, 2016
My absolute favorite baby book. Every new mom I know gets this book as a gift. This one is a keeper to be handed down to future generations.
on August 15, 2015
This is my all time favorite mommy/baby book. I teach literacy education classes and I give all my expecting mommies a copy. I have bought them by the case in my 31 years of teaching.
on December 5, 2013
I found this book on sale at a local book store when my first granddaughter was a small toddler. She loved snuggling up, looking at the pictures, and reading along. I try to find it everytime I am invited to a baby shower.
on September 2, 2016
My son loved this book as a toddler! It's a staple for every baby gift I give!
on September 25, 2014
Received this book when my son was born. I could bearly read it without crying (ok, I was hormonal). It was one of my son's favorite books when he was under 3. Beautifully illustrated. It is now my standard baby gift.