Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on April 9, 2017
I received this a couple of weeks ago. I'm a George Harrison fan, so I had to have it. This is an updated version of the original, and brings everything completely up to date until his death. There are some nice stories about George in this book, but most of it contains his song lyrics, accompanied by original song scribblings by George. There are no revelations about George and Patti and nothing notable about his relationships with Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan or the Wilburys, so if you're looking for that, you'll be disappointed. Olivia's contributions are evident, and her insights are sweet. I enjoyed the book very much.
on October 2, 2015
This isn't your typical full-monty auto, but it does capture George as George and I couldn't have been happier with it. It really is that simple; if you love George's music, this book is a Soft-Hearted Hana.
on April 7, 2017
I bought the first edition of this book and enjoyed from cover to cover...Thanks to Olivia Harrison, the extended version is just double the information,double the reading! Well worth the purchase price...because I cannot afford the Genesis Publications limited editions that they put out, so this is close enough for me. I recommend it to anyone that enjoys George Harrison's music and humour
on March 17, 2017
This is an absolutely beautiful book. Well worth the price.
on July 12, 2014
I'm a huge Beatles and George fan! Favorite book by far! Brilliantly written with all truth statements and opinions, really opened my eyes. I don't usually read books more than once but I've read it three times and about to read it for the fourth time. Rest in peace George, sorely missed by all.
on May 25, 2017
Very nice collectible item for fans of George and the Beatles.
on June 26, 2017
Excellent buy and very good product!
on April 8, 2017
I have not finished reading the book. I own the hardcover version. The book consists of photos, lyrics, and more. If you love George and his music, you will cherish this wonderful book.
on March 30, 2017
A must for Beatle fans !!!!!!!
on January 21, 2004
This book doesn't spend too much time on trivial gossip, or that other Beatle junk with the obsession on Jelly Babies and cutsie matching suits. This is real. George only goes into his life in 60 pages, which tells of his growth as a spiritual human being. His feelings on the whole Beatlemania stuff, and what is really important. The emphasis are on his songs that he wrote from "Don't Bother Me" up until 1980, when this book came out. I remember being a teenager going to the library and reading this book several times over. I am always facinated with what inspires a person with a particular song, and with many of these songs, it can be as simple as waiting for a friend to show up to your home, or warning another friend about his ruining his teeth with candy, or it can be something greater than our selves and be about a relationship with God. One thing I remember (and I might be wrong) is that the layout of the original book is different from this one. I seem to remember there being pictures throughout the book, and this new edition, they are all at the front, with the captions at the back. I like the addition of the new preface by his widow.