Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I Will Possess Your Heart
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on July 4, 2008
Yes this is the long version, but it happens to be the version I first heard before it received airplay. I enjoy the long intro; it is great to chill out to, the bass riff is great, and I love the 'space' DCFC creates. As for the difference in the this and the radio version, the intro is about 4:30 instead of 0:35. Honestly, I think somewhere in between would be the best but they didn't consult me. The rest of the song is exactly the same so just choose if you want a long or short intro and enjoy!
on March 24, 2013
I love running with my mp3 player on shuffle and this song pops up. It builds in volume and intensity before transforming into the radio edit. Got a great tempo, good energy, and at 8 minutes, makes the asphalt fly by.
on June 5, 2012
I love this song. The way it starts with the about 4 min intro with the music getting heavier and heavier until it breaks with the lead singer start singing. The words are just haunting and will make you think about the song. All in all I'm not crazy about DCfC but I really just love this song.
on May 8, 2015
For years I thought this song was by Porcupine Tree, much more my typical listening choice. Great song. If you like this one, give Porcupine Tree a listen, especially the Stupid Dream album which is somewhat similar to this.
on June 13, 2008
I love this song, but be aware that this is the album version. The majority of the song is pretty much a drum solo, and it pans out to be over 8 minutes long. If you want the 4 minute version on the radio, it is available at amazon.com, too.
on May 4, 2015
I love the radio edited version of this song. I can't give the album version 5☆ because of the disappointment felt by not having the radio edit available for purchase, which would have been preferred.
on December 29, 2012
Deathcab, while notable for their indie-rock/pop sound, tends to cross the line into alternative with this song, and they do so in a very intimate way (both literally and figuratively). Although 4 and a half minutes is a bit too lengthy for an intro, it is a driving groove which swells up and leaves the listener eager to hear the first verse. This is especially true when the song is listened to a second and third time, and for that reason, the radio edit just won't do. Cheers to Deathcab for making another jive tune.
on August 15, 2009
I think this song is great, and I especially love the ~4 minute or so instrumental part at the beginning that slowly builds up over time. And, I like this longer 8 minute version much more than the 4 minute radio cut. I think one reviewer said he didn't like the long instrumental part, well I don't think that warrants one star, and the fact that they do have a radio version to purchase if you don't like this version, but whatever lol. Be sure before purchasing that you decide whether you want the long version or the short version.

All in all, it's an amazing song, has almost a magical quality to it.
on August 31, 2008
I can't fathom why some reviewers complained about getting the long version. Isn't this getting more for less? I think it's a great song. The "extra" part (it's of course not extra, but how the band intended the song to be in the first place) adds a lovely, swelling, atmospheric instrumental introduction.
It sounds fine, too, despite reviews to the contrary. As good as an mp3 can sound anyway.
I recommend it.
on February 18, 2013
I have played this song to just about every type of music fan. From my young rap friends to my ederly mother, every one enjoys the opening and the haunting lyrics. It is a lot like the dirty vegas song "days go by".