Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide
Customer Discussions > Zoom for Kinect - Xbox 360 forum

I want Zoom for Kinect

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2011 10:08:46 PM PDT
It isn't available to Chile? Please I want to buy it, can you make possible the shipping to Chile?

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 7:56:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2011 8:00:32 AM PDT
Gnome says:
Your wish is my command. Done. But seriously, I'm not sure if this will device will work well. Microsoft designed Kinect to work a certain way, so I'm not sure if manipulating the camera will work. I hope it does though! I'm getting Kinect in the mail today! Can't wait!

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 8:42:36 AM PDT
Sebastian, the only way to find out is you to check out this item here on Amazon... The answer is literally at your finger tip...

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 7:34:44 PM PDT
knowing how this 3D sensor works, using structured light, with a carefully controlled laser speckle pattern, there is very little chance of this doing anything but totally messing up how the games react to your body movements. If this works, I'll be scratching my head as to how...

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 8:22:02 PM PDT
Quinton says:
I could of sworn that this thing was supposed to be out months ago...

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 10:26:35 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
Layer 1-7, I don't claim to know the ins and outs, but from what I read from E3 it's like a mild fish-eye lens that fools the Kinect camera into thinking it's farther away from the object (read: the player) than it actually is. From my photography experience, with the wide-angle lenses, the stuff way up close (<1-2 feet) seems distorted, but evens out as you get farther away, so standing 4' away instead of 6' should not make too big a difference if they use only a mild fish-eye effect.

Again though, I'm not a pro, so I could be wrong. It seemed to please the writers who tried it out on the E3 show floor though.

And Quinton, as of a week ago it was due out on Aug. 23, because I was considering picking it up when I picked up my pre-ordered copy of Deus Ex. Looks like it got pushed back.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about