Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2013, 8:26:41 PM PDT
Harty777 says:
Well, my favorite GTA game to date is san andreas and ive played it onthe ps2 and the xbox 360. I have really high expectations for this game, but even though i plan to get it i am still stuck on the version i want. I am unsure which platform i should get it for, i have a high end gaming PC too but i think ill go with consoles this time as well.

The question is... should i get it for PS3, or Xbox 360? I like the idea that both only need one disc to play (with the 360 having 2 discs in which one only has to install but doesnt have to be used again to play), I am having deciding. I dont play my ps3 much, i have The last of us which i cant wait to play (but im too far from home to do so), and since i dont play my ps3 that often (Unless for metal gear solid) i think i may get it.

Any advice? suggestions? Any thing you guys may know that can influence me to a decision?

Posted on Jul 12, 2013, 11:00:59 AM PDT
p says:
Which controller do you like better? Go with that system.

Posted on Jul 13, 2013, 8:16:48 PM PDT
Harty777 says:
I need a little more than that, i prefer the 360 controller but have certain likes about the ps3's as well. If any thing i would like to know the technical details about the game such as the resolution max or which system is was originally programed for and which ones a port? That would help, but nothing is giving real information on those subjects.

Posted on Aug 15, 2013, 10:33:26 AM PDT
Quote says:
I'm hoping to get it for PS3 because then I don't need to pay to use GTA:Online.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013, 6:42:08 PM PDT
Kahn says:
Exactly the reason why I'm getting it for the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013, 7:42:35 PM PDT
Harty777 says:
Very good point. This alone tips me over. But there are things like ingane music feature that i have on my 360 that the ps3 doesnt. But then theres the idea that there is only one disc for the os3 i need to care about. Hmmm

Posted on Sep 4, 2013, 1:45:25 PM PDT
You only need to care about 1 disk with 360 too, one disk runs the whole game, the other is just an install disk for one time use. PS3 ALSO has a mandatory install, it's just on the same disk as what you use to run the game.

If you're already going to be paying for Xbox Live, it doesn't really matter if it's free for PSN, but if you're not, and online is important to you, then get the PS3 version. Otherwise, just get the one for whichever system you like the controller best for.

Posted on Sep 4, 2013, 2:22:33 PM PDT
M. Weir says:
PS3 because it's my preferred console at this point in the generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2013, 4:11:04 AM PDT
A. Mcgrady says:
Don't worry about there being 2 discs on Xbox. One is an install disc and the other is a play disc, so no switching will be needed. I don't know what this means for renters though.

Posted on Sep 5, 2013, 1:59:34 PM PDT
I have the original white thick xbox with a dead live account and a ps3 slim. Im going for the ps3 version for the 1080p that my old 360 cant do, plus the ps3 doesnt sound like a jet engine starting like my 360.. as well as the free online play with the ps3. The only problem is the special edition is now sold out! I want the in game extras but dont want to spring for the CE.. since I dont really care about the hat and money bag.

Posted on Sep 5, 2013, 2:05:54 PM PDT
Harty777 says:
Thanks everyone! So i have decided to go with the PS3 version. Mainly because i know that i am not likely to be renewing gold subscription since im going PC/PS4 this coming generation. Besides, i wont have to worry about paying for online on ps3 anyway and i already have playstation plus so go figure.

Posted on Sep 6, 2013, 8:05:49 AM PDT
If you really can't wait for the PC release...

I'll say buy it from the PSN store, please read the whole deal before sacrificing me XD

--

GTA games are released every what.. 5-6 years?

During that period you may end up with a next gen console. If you want to play it on your next gen console the only available option is PS4 + Gai Kai

Gai Kai is supposed to let you play PS3 games acquired from their store on your PS4

--

If you have no plans of getting a PS4 in the future, then buy the retail version for the console your friends use the most

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013, 7:33:51 PM PDT
idommah says:
well. XBOX has 2 discs. i would rather have 1. if you have 4 GB xbox. forget about it.
i would go with PS3. better graphics. also. playstation always been GTA standard!

Posted on Sep 10, 2013, 7:44:46 PM PDT
idommah says:
i know this is irrelevant but did anybody see that Ifruit phone the chic is holding! funny. just another GTA ingenuinty.

Posted on Sep 10, 2013, 8:16:25 PM PDT
Hammodi Lol Rockstar at their finest, I like the look of it I noticed it a couple weeks ago. I read a post somewhere where someone said they won't buy the game because of that iFruit phone.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013, 8:12:44 AM PDT
Jay Brahn says:
Let's be real here, Xbox also has a mandatory install. Have you really played a modern game on 360 without installing it to fix loading and other issues? Personally, I haven't. Playstation just bridges the gap so developers don't have to worry about running everything off of a disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013, 8:37:19 AM PDT
Harty777 says:
Well i havent always done that, infact if anything the only time i ever had to install something would be the games i know im going to play alot.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013, 8:47:23 AM PDT
Brandon says:
Xbox has manditory install, thats what the 2nd disc is.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013, 10:50:19 AM PDT
Harty777 says:
Wait a second why is it that the original post has negative votes when its the reason the discussion is going on? Are there fanboys here or what? The post itself was a question

Posted on Sep 13, 2013, 3:35:54 PM PDT
W. Long says:
I believe Rockstar has said that the PS3 was the lead development platform this time around.

I expect the game to be pretty close on both systems...

... with some sort of potentially game-breaking glitch or issue as is customary with every GTA release.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013, 6:30:39 PM PDT
Jason says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013, 6:38:46 PM PDT
Harty777 says:
Hmm no, there have been times when ps3's install time is actually faster. And i have installed 16gb games in 20 minutes on ps3. So your statement is false. As for the controller, its your preference but not an objective fact. Please interject with something thats actually helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013, 7:55:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 15, 2013, 5:26:33 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 14, 2013, 3:31:00 AM PDT
W. Long says:
@Jason

GTA5 requires an install on 360 too so you're not getting around a mandatory install with this game.

@hammodi

No need to troll like a fanboy.

People with bigger hands tend to like the 360 controller better since it's bigger than the pS3 controller.

My personal preference is the 360 controller because it does fit better in my hands.

However i'm getting the PS3 version of GTA5. Controller had nothing to do with my decision.

Posted on Sep 14, 2013, 11:27:46 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
BETTER COPS CONFIRMED!

It's also worth noting that the "wanted system" is still present but there will be only 5 stars instead of 6. You can still try to escape the circular zone (featured in GTA IV) that flashes on the mini-map when cops come after the three protagonists. This time players will still be able to hide inside of the circular zone and escape the cops, the cops now have a line-of-sight system where they will need to find you to get you and they will no longer automatically know where you are -- if there is a helicopter in the sky then the cops will also be able to see you clearly and the cops will use hand signals and the player can see what the cops are planning. Every officer and police car has its own search circle to add even more to the difficulty of the GTA games. If you blow up a car you will receive a 1 star wanted level, if you fly over the Los Santos prison you will receive a 2 star wanted level and if you decide to go into the water whilst you have a wanted level the police will chase after you.

http://www.gtav.net/info/
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,979)