Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IBD Nail Wipes- Lint Free 80ct
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on July 2, 2011
I saw a video on youtube showing a Shellac how-to and noticed the girl removing the tacky layer from the Shellac top coat with these wipes. THEY ARE NOT SATURATED WITH ANYTHING SO YOU WILL NEED TO BUY YOUR OWN ACETONE OR ALCOHOL TO ADD TO THEM. I only needed to use one for all 10 nails! They are made from a foam type of material not from cotton like traditional wipes. These will last for ages since you only need one each time you do your nails.
on January 23, 2012
You can purchase 100 individually packaged alcohol swabs (as opposed to 80 foam pads) for $1.99 (with $2.69 shipping) here on Amazon.com and they will do an equally good job cleaning the tackiness from shellac top coat. That's a savings of $1.55; your savings will be even greater if you purchase the swabs at your local drug store and save the shipping cost, not to mention they are already saturated with alcohol saving you the additional cost of purchasing the rubbing alcohol separately. The alcohol swabs are also lint free and you only need one for all ten nails, so they are also comparable in that respect.

Don't waste your money. Buy alcohol swabs.
66 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2010
These wipes are perfect for manicures because they don't leave the traces of lint that mess up your polish. I highly recommend using them. I use them to remove the tacky layer from my gel polish and it works great
on April 1, 2012
I bought these because everyone said you need lint free wipes for the Shellac/Gelish manicures. Stop! Don't waste your money. I get better results with a cotton ball & alcohol and it doesn't leave any cotton bits or lint behind. The lint free wipes actually ruined the finish of the top coat and I had to re-do it.
on September 15, 2012
I love them!!! SO MUCH better than the horrible "cotton rounds" or whatever else is available on the market. The lint-free factor is pretty sweet and they hold up well even under the stress of my stupid toenails.

I love not having to pick little bits of lint/strings of cotton out of my carefully manicured nails, ruining them in the process.

These are the BEST for doing gels!! I won't use anything else from now on :)
on July 13, 2011
Absolutely necessary for gelish nails or gel type nails. I love this and will order more when I run out!!
on April 3, 2015
Absolutely lint free, holds the Nail Cleansing solution with no drips. I use these to wipe my gel polish once completed with curing along with the Harmony gel cleanser. Love this product, so much better than cotton or cotton squares as you don't need to re-soak. Completely lint free as well.
on August 18, 2012
These work great for wiping nails and preventing lint from getting on nails. They seem to be just little sponges, so you could probably manage cheaper by just cutting your own. But for the sake of convenience, these work well. I reuse mine until they fall apart.
on August 4, 2013
I was using little round cotton pads to use with Alcohol to wipe my gel polish after they came out of the UV lamp. I bought a kit that contained these wipes in it and they are SO flipping much better then the cotton pads!! I will NEVER buy another cotton pad, ever!! You put your alcohol on the wipe and one wipe will do every nail! No little cotton blobs or lint stuck to your nails afterwards! I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!
on December 10, 2013
I bought these based on another review for removing nail polish. These Are Not for removing nail polish. I had not seen them before and thought I would give them a try. As a nail tech I know now that these are for removing at best the acrylic dust from doing acrylic nails -nothing else and especially not for removing nail polish.