IK Multimedia iRig 2 guitar interface adaptor for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Android
|Price:||$27.92 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$12.03 (30%)|
- The sequel to the best-selling iRig interface
- 1/4" instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other line instruments
- 1/4" amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
- 1/8" TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE for iOS (free download on the App Store) and AmpliTube FREE for Samsung Pro Audio (free download on Samsung Galaxy Store)
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The most portable, powerful solution for guitar and bass players on the go.
About IK Multimedia
IK Multimedia specializes in apps and accessories for mobile devices.
Guitar interface for smartphones & tablets
The sequel to the most popular guitar interface of all time
IK Multimedia's iRig 2 is a compact interface that allows you to connect your guitar or bass to a an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and now select Android devices as well.
It's the easiest, most affordable way to connect to your favorite practice and recording apps, like IK's award-winning AmpliTube app, which lets you play through virtual models of some of the most popular guitar amplifiers and effects of all time.
Offering the same 1/4 inch Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output as the original iRig, iRig 2 also offers several new features and improvements:
- 1/4" output to easily connect to an amplifier or PA system
- Adjustable input gain to dial in the best sound for your instrument
- The THRU switch sends a clean signal to the amplifier output when needed
- Compatibility with Android devices, and with AmpliTube Galaxy, available on select Samsung devices
- Improved sound and performance on newer Apple devices
- FX send the signal from your phone to your amp
- Thru passes a clean signal to the amp output
All-new features, still compact and portable
1/4 inch Amplifier output
A dedicated 1/4 inch output to connect directly to your amplifier or mixer with a standard guitar cable, no adaptors needed.
Input Gain Control
The new adjustable input gain lets you dial in the best sound quality for your instrument's pickups.
Works with more devices than before:
iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
AmpliTube lets you play through stunningly realistic models of amplifiers and stomp boxes. Play, practice and record with tuner, metronome, and song player, and even record with an optional 8-track recorder and drum machine.
Or connect to dozens of other music creation apps, including GarageBand and more.
Samsung Professional Audio devices
AmpliTube is now available on Samsung devices running the Samsung Pro Audio system, like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge, and upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6. Rock out with the same stunning tone and features.
Or connect to other SAPA apps like Samsung Soundcamp, a full recording studio designed for Samsung phones.
Other Android devices
iRig 2 lets you connect to many Android devices and use non-latency specific apps like tuners, recorders and more.
And you can count on IK Multimedia to stay on top of new improvements, meaning you'll always get the best performance possible from real-time apps.
With over 1 million iRig interfaces sold and over 20 million apps downloaded iRig 2 represents the next stage in the mobile music revolution for iPhone iPad iPod touch Mac PC and Android. iRig 2 sports a new 1/4 inch. output jack for seamless live performance integration. An added switch allows dual-mode operation: FX lets musicians process and send their signal to an external amplifier without an adaptor. THRU sends a clean signal letting musicians use their mobile device as a tuner recorder or other utility. iRig 2's new input gain control pot can be adjusted to provide optimum sound quality when using different instruments and mobile devices. iRig 2 comes with AmpliTube a powerful multi-effects processor with an integrated music player a dedicated recorder a tuner and a vast collection of ultra-realistic digital models of some of the most famous amplifiers and stomp box effects of all time. Now everyone can take their playing to the next level with iRig 2 the ultimate interface for mobile musicians.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update after months of ownership:
Downgraded to 4/5 stars because it's actually cumbersome to use this sometimes. Lots of wires, but they adaptor has to be pretty close to your head because the headphones connect to it. This means the ipad/iphone/device also can't be too far away. Would have been cool if this worked with Apple Garageband and the computer speakers, but in GB you have to use the headphones. So, I still love it, but not in love with the setup. Easier to plug into an amp most of the time.
1. I can practice with headphones now and all I have to do is plug in my guitar, headphones, and the iRig2 into my iPhone or iPad.
2. Portable and small.
3. No batteries needed!
4. The free app has several useful practice features allowing me to do away with having several apps open at one time to practice. The free amplitube app has a tuner, can import and play backing tracks, can slow down tracks, can add effects without pedals, can access the iPad's mic, can record my practice sessions, has a metronome and more. One app to rule them all!
5. I can also plug into an amp if I don't want to use headphones.
6. I don't wake my wife and kid up when I practice and don't annoy them when they are watching TV.
7. The sounds quality is excellent for my intended use. No feedback yet and the external gain control is nice too.
8. The free app is easy to use. I figured out everything I will use in five minutes.
9. Plug and play even for a newbie.
10. I get to try more amps and effects than I could ever afford to buy or even want to buy without ever leaving the house. Of course, some of those will cost extra as in app purchases so keep that in mind.
11. I practice more now because it is less of a pain to get going.
12. I practice any where I want without having to bring an amp. Just my guitar and a few small items in my gig bag.
A few observations. For the record, I am using an iPhone and iPad without issue so I can't speak to how it works with Android or others. Seems pretty sturdy. The mic velcro could be useful in the future for live use. Packaging is nice. It is smaller than I thought it would be. The extra cost for in app purchases may annoy some but after reading some complaints, I was pleasantly surprised by what is included. I can't believe it only cost $40 and that it works as advertised. Big surprise. I expected more bugs but I guess this is pretty basic technology. Unless you are playing live for money or you need professional quality recordings, I would skip the HD version and save $60 by getting this one.
Extra pedals, drums, and amps cost more. They range individually for as low as $2.99 and as high as $99 for an "everything they sell" bundle. You can download the Amplitube app for free and have a look at all the extras before you even buy the irig2 if you like and then delete the app if you choose later.
I should have purchased something like this a long time ago. Happy playing everyone!
I then ordered the iRig HD 2. This is more like it. It is quiet, has very nice treble and works great with AmpliTude! It even sounds great on the high gain amps with no noise gate! I am pleased.
Most recent customer reviews
If you run a Podcast and take calls or use a call in service like Skype, use a mixer and are able to Mix Minus. YOU HAVE to have an iRig.Read more