IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast with Stereo Mini-Jack Headphone Output, Podcasting Mic for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad/Android Devices
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (25%)|
|Item Weight||0.05 Pounds|
About this item
- Compact condenser microphone for podcasting and field recording with outstanding sound quality
- 1/8” headphone output for real-time monitoring with supported apps
- Unidirectional design rejects noise for clearer recording
- Hi/Low sensitivity setting for ideal sound quality in a range of environments
- Bumper-friendly design means you can keep your case on; Compatible with any smartphone with a headphone jack
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The most compact way to capture high-quality audio on your mobile device
About IK Multimedia
IK Multimedia specializes in apps and accessories for mobile devices.
iRig Mic Cast compact vocal mic for smartphones and tablets
Create high-quality podcasts & voice recordings quickly and easily
iRig Mic Cast is an ultra-compact, portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more.
iRig Mic Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording.
With a flat frequency response and adjustable input sensitivity, iRig Mic Cast easily captures high-quality vocals in a range of situations, but is also sensitive enough for field recording for video and even recording musical instruments.
This also makes iRig Mic Cast great for business applications like recording meetings and enhancing the audio and voice quality of conference calls. It's easy to bring anywhere, and works with any app that accepts audio with no setup required
iRig Mic Cast is proof that great things come in small packages.
- Ultra-compact electret condenser microphone delivers surprisingly great sound
- Unidirectional design rejects background noise for clearer recordings
- Adjustable input sensitivity adapts to every recording environment
- Stereo headphone output enables real-time monitoring
- Bumper-friendly design lets you keep your case on
- Includes travel pouch and table-top stand
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and most Android devices
- Works with hundreds of apps with no drivers to install
Record on the go
iRig Mic Cast is the perfect upgrade to your device's built-in mic. It offers improved clarity and reduced background noise, and clips into almost any smartphone or tablet.
Capture audio for video
Flip iRig Mic Cast around to capture high-quality audio for video. iRig Mic Cast's design naturally rejects off-axis sounds, keeping out distracting background noise from your videos.
Whether you prefer Skype, FaceTime or other VOIP apps, iRig Mic Cast works perfectly. Set the input sensitivity to high and connect a speaker for conference calls.
Record instruments and more
With a flat frequency response and electret condenser design, iRig Mic Cast can capture even acoustic instruments clearly and cleanly, with almost any recording app.
|Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Product||iRig Mic||iRig Mic HD 2||iRig Mic Cast||iRig Mic Field||iRig Mic Studio||iRig Mic Lav|
|Application||Vocal & field recording||Vocal, field and studio recording||Podcasting & mono field recording||Stereo field recording||vocal & studio recording||video, broadcast & podcast recording|
|Connection||1/8" TRRS||Lightning, USB||1/8" TRRS||Lightning||Lightning, USB, MicroUSB||1/8" TRRS|
|Adjustable Gain||3-way switch||✓||2-way switch||✓||✓||Fixed gain|
|Recording Quality||16-bit, 48 kHz max||24-bit, 96kHz max||16-bit, 48 kHz max||24-bit, 48 kHz max||24-bit, 48 kHz max||16-bit, 48 kHz max|
|Android||✓||With optional cable||✓||-||✓||✓|
iRig MIC Cast The ultra-compact voice recording microphone for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad/ Android devices. iRig MIC Cast is the ultra-compact, portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more. iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording. This makes iRig MIC Cast also great for business applications like recording meetings and enhancing the audio and voice quality of conference calls. iRig MIC Cast is proof that great things come in small packages. In addition to an incredibly flat frequency response with zero tonal coloration, the iRig MIC Cast. Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output which enables real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers. Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources. Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording. Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases. Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease. Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers. Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app. Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad/Android devices.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this to use for recording myself playing the piano.
The major problems are:
1) about 1/3 of the recordings it made had some weird electronic distortion that makes them unusable. I made many recordings and checked the connection of the mic to make sure it wasn't just a bad connection. It wasn't. There were a few times when I played a piece the best I ever had and recorded it but the recording ended up being unusable so was lost. I never knew when this would happen. It seemed to have some psychic understanding of when a recording was very important to me. I would makes 5 or 6 recordings in a row of something I didn't care about just to make sure it was working. As soon as I recorded something I really did care about it would give me a garbled recording.
2) You cant just use this with any recording software. You have to use it with their recording software. It crashed many times (when it did crash it always did it as soon as I opened the app. I never had it crash during a recording). I used this on an android phone.
3) The recording app gives constant dialogs telling you to buy their other software. It doesn't ask about them all at once. When you dismiss a dialog a few seconds later another comes up telling you to buy a different piece of software. It doesn't just do this the first time you install and use the app. IT DOES IT EVERY TIME YOU OPEN THE APP TO USE IT. It generally took about 30 sec to a minute to get past them and be able to make a recording.
4) It only exports files as WAV or OGG. I was happy that it could export as WAV. The problem is it seems most android phones don't natively support WAV (which in itself is a separate annoyance that's not IK Multimaedia's fault). So I'd have to go to another app to convert it from WAV to MP3. Not horrible but it seems like it would have been easy enough for them to include the ability to export as MP3.
I read the IK Multimedia iRig Mic would work on them so I tried it.
Initially I did not goto itunes and download the free IK iRig app and the mic did not work but after downloading the app the iPads videos my kids made using the camera built into them now had sound on my son's iPad 2. My daughters iPad 2 mic also stopped working but the port needed to be cleaned. When we removed the iRig to hear sound on the video it read speakers plugged in. Apparently there was dust or dirt in the port and needed to clean it out with a K-tip dipped in some window cleaner. Now both iPad 2's have mics that record not only video but now sound again. I was skeptical the iRig mic would help our old iPad 2's to record sound again but now everything is good. Thank you iRig.
Top reviews from other countries
I wanted a plug-and-play device. I haven’t got time to wrestle with all this carry-on. Emails to customer service went unanswered.
Sent it back. Bad experience.
•It's much more directional than the default mic on my phone so it's good for cutting down on background noise.
•It has a poor bass response which can make speech clearer if there's wind
•Poor bass response makes speech and music sound tinny and less satisfying
•Quality overall is no improvement on the phone's in-built mic
•Only records in mono—no stereo.
It's great that it's just plug and play but the audio was still rather tinny and in a environment with background noise a lot of it was picked up even with the setting that were suggested in the video.
Its a nice adapter if you're needing one but I would say don't expect miracles from it, its not going to give you the quality of something like the Zoom H4n or other Zoom recorders.