$84.99 - $204.66
Free Return on some sizes and colors
|Fits as expected||
- 100% Rubber
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 6.5" from arch
- Heel measures approximately 1"
- Platform measures approximately 0.5"
- Lace-up rain boot with fleece lining and rear pull loop
- Contrast logo on side
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Enjoy the outdoors no matter the weather with the Ilse Jacobsen Rub 2 rain boot. This classic, 100% waterproof women's rubber bootie features a plush fleece lining that provides warmth while wicking away moisture; the lace-up front allows a customizable fit. Designed to protect against cold and wetness even in inclement weather, the Ilse Jacobsen Rub 2 ankle boot has a rubber outsole for non-slip traction. Fit tip: This style runs slightly large.
You’re just looking for puddles to splish splosh through with the Rub2 boot from ILSE JACOBSEN. Snazzy laces and a variety colors let you put as much wow as you like in your rain-ready wear. A majorly tractioned sole keeps you on your feet through anything.See all Product description
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004TERPUG
- Item model number: RUB2
- Date first listed on Amazon: May 4, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Showing 1-8 of 52 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've been wearing them for about a week now. They are surprisingly lightweight for rubber boots, about one pound each. I never noticed any kind of rubber odor at all. The soles are made of foamy material and the insides are lined with cotton fleece. They're easy to put on and take off, like slippers. They are handmade in Denmark and well-constructed. They definitely look like they could withstand years of heavy use, unlike the cheaply made rain boots you see everywhere that are just glued together and can come apart. They're easy to wipe off and keep clean. I am planning to polish them with silicone oil every once in a while to keep them looking like new. The best thing about them, obviously, is that they really are waterproof. I stomped through puddles, walked through muddy fields, and gave my dog a bath, and my feet were warm and dry the whole time.
As for the fit, I would recommend ordering a half-size down from the size you normally wear. I'm usually a size 5.5 so I ordered a 5 and they are perfect. They do have extra room in them for thick boot socks or liners. If you wear them with normal socks, your feet will slide around. They look great paired with leggings or skinny jeans.
The only thing I don't like about these boots is that the sole is made of foam so they are a little more slippery on wet concrete than I was expecting. In the Amazon description, they mention how much traction they give you, but actually if you are walking on a slick surface you kind of need to be careful. For that reason, I wouldn't recommend them for an older person or someone with balance or mobility issues. I've heard that spraying the soles with hairspray makes them a little stickier, so I'm going to give that a try. Other than that, I am very satisfied.
1) Go a size down for a snug fit, or go true to size for extra room. I am a size 8.5 and ordered a 39 (a size 9) which is way too big barefoot. However, they fit nicely with very thick knit winter socks.
2) The boot ankle height opening is a bit too large too, so I'll have to tie the top up tight for a proportional fit to my skinny ankles. Again, they will fit better with thick socks and maybe pants tucked in.
3) The bottom sole is cheap with minimal grooves :/ these boots will probably not provide enough traction for winter snow and ice. I bought these for Chicago and New York winters, and a trip to Stockholm. I'm not sure how they will fair.
For the half the retail price I scored the size 39 for, I am going to keep them. And hope they are durable enough for the weather they were designed for. If your size isn't on sale right now, keep checking back. I've noticed the pricing for each size and color varies and fluctuates randomly.