Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on July 18, 2016
This machine replaced a much older (prior generation) Jura F8.

So, why spend so much on a coffee maker. Well, when I bought it, it was a bit less expensive ($1600 vs current $2200 price).... also, full disclosure, I am a coffee snob. I made espresso with a traditional espresso machine for years but always hated how long it took to make a coffee and hated the clean-up. My first Jura machine just wowed me with the ability to make a coffee that is 85% as good as a top shelf espresso, can do it consistently, and does it with the push of a button.

Milk drinks (which I don't drink too many of) are a bit easier to make with this machine than my previous generation machine, but still a bit of a hassle. You need to connect a tube to the frother and put it into a pitcher of cold milk (whole milk works best) and then when you select a milk based drink the machine will pull milk through, froth it (a separate $60 attachment is available that lets you steam/froth with more control of foam consistency) and then brew the coffee into the same mug. After doing all of this you need to run a special cleaning cycle that takes just a few seconds using clean water in another container. Bit of a hassle for every day use but does make preparing these drinks pretty fast initially and pretty good if you want to make say 6 cappuccinos in a row.

The color screen, which I initially thought was kind of a gimmick is actually pretty nice for selecting your beverage or customizing settings, running the cleaning cycles (gives you on-screen instructions), etc,.

You also get the ability to program a custom button for your own special drink if you make something unique. Otherwise there are something like fourteen default drinks in the menu and you can customize all of them for how many ounces you want them to be, what temperature, how strong of a grind, etc.

As with other Jura machines, this machine recommends special Jura cleaning tablets and descaling materials that are quite expensive. Usually I use generic cleaners but considering the cost of the machine I just use the Jura ones.

Other drawbacks to this machine are that it is super noisy. Every time you turn it on or turn it off it is going to do a rinse cycle which is loud, and the grinding and brewing is louder than my previous generation unit. Sometimes when making a coffee early in the morning the noise from this machine wakes my 2 year old son who is in an upstairs bedroom.

The machine is all plastic. It looks nice enough, but at the crazy asking price it should be made of stainless steel.

The machine does not like particularly oily coffee beans. I run Lavazza beans that are optimal for super automatics and get pretty good results. I have found that buying really high end coffee and putting it through this machine is not worth it, as many darker/oilier coffee will eventually clog things up and then you have to do extra cleaning.

We have an Au Pair (nanny) from Austria who lives with us and her family came to visit and stayed with us for a couple of weeks. They own the same machine and the cost in Austria is about 600 Euros.

Think about that for a minute... this machine costs OVER THREE TIMES as much in the USA as it does in Austria. I can't really think of an explanation for this. If my machine ever dies again I'm going to wire the money to them and have them buy me one there and ship it back to me. Hell, I could give them enough money to buy two and tell them to keep one for themselves and it would still be less expensive than paying this much again.
on February 18, 2016
Love, love, love. I don't make anything other than coffee so I couldn't say about the specialty coffees. The coffee comes out fresh, hot, and fragrant. Wonderful first thing in the a.m. Less noisy than the Magnifica this replaces.
on November 5, 2015
This is a well made machine. We are very particular about our coffee. We like it strong and of course prefer a consistent cup everyday. We are able to accomplish that with this machine. We programmed our recipe and now we just push one button every morning and that great cup is poured. In addition we like the LED monitor.
on May 6, 2017
We love Espresso and this machine is delivering perfect Espresso drinks. It is replacing a Saeco Talea Touch that had served us well for about six years. We were not willing to spend money on getting it repaired again so we decided to move to Jura. No regrets so far. Looks like a wise choice.
on June 21, 2017
Yeah its a boat load of money but this machine rocks. Our 6 year old Jura C5 gave it up and I decided to go all in, my only regret is I didn't get this machine years ago. This machine is much quieter and automatically produces a great variety of great drinks. We probably drink twice as much coffee and both groan when we have to stop drinking in the morning.
on May 14, 2016
One of my best items, what I bought in my life
on May 26, 2016
The coffee is so smooth that if you take cream, you actually need to cut back. It is so good. As the other reviewers noted, milk drinks are not hot enough. Easy to care for.
on May 13, 2017
My 2nd Jura machine and I now make my drink better than my local coffee shop!
on March 25, 2017
After about a year and a half I'm very impressed with this machine. Quick, easy, delicious coffee if you run good beans through it and maintain it like it asks. I use a small cup to catch rinse water that comes out the front so the tray doesn't fill as much. Cleaning the milk system is a bit of a hassle but milk is milk and will spoil if you don't stay on top of cleaning it. but it's easy enough if you don't want to foam it separately.
on June 10, 2017
As a coffee drinker , I just love this machine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.