Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 22, 2014
One day I lifted open the lid on my laptop and it was all cracked with a huge blacked out portion on the side. I FREAKED out!! Being a student, I don't have a lot of money, so I spent a little time searching it and lo and behold! There were all these vids on YouTube of people installing screens on their own in a matter of minutes. It still sucked that I had to pay $50 for a new screen but better than the alternatives.
The screen got here really fast and was brand new, and very safely packaged. I would suggest everyone to buy the screen (maybe you will find it somewhere else for cheaper) and install it yourself because it is super easy and will save you money!
on September 21, 2012
I dropped my computer, a dell inspiron N5110, while I was in Russia over the summer. I could tell that only the screen was broken, since the rainbow lines had spared two inches on the right of the screen, and that part was still showing my log-in screen and all. I decided to wait to get it fixed until I came back to the U.S., thinking it would be cheaper/more reliable here in the States. As soon as I returned, I took my computer to MicroCenter, since it had pretty good reviews. Lo and behold, they quoted me $280 to fix it, which was freakin' ridiculous--at the price, I could buy over half a new computer! So, as I always end up doing, I turned to the internet. Turns out switching out the laptop screen yourself is pretty easy, so after a bit of deliberation, I ordered this screen from Amazon.

I received it promptly; it was a day late, but that was the fault of my apartment office because they weren't open when UPS tried to drop off packages. I also got some micro screwdrivers so I could actually do the screw thingys. It was pretty easy to switch out, too--only took about 10 minutes, and I was being super slow and cautious.

I've had the new screen for about a month now. It's great! I haven't noticed any color differences at all or anything. Plus, I saved over $200!

3/19/14 edit: a year and a half later, the replacement screen is holding up better than the rest of my laptop. Highly recommend :)

TL;DR 5 stars.
on March 4, 2014
So got this to put in a clients PC. The Screen was really easy to replace. It took about 10 mins to put in. The screen was shipped in nice packaging to make sure the screen didn't brake. I would recommend buying this since most other laptops require this screen. And on mostly every laptop that takes this screen. It would be really easy to put in by your self.
on August 20, 2013
A friend of mine broke his laptop screen, and we had to replace it.

I'd suggest to look up some youtube videos on disassembling the laptop and replacing the screen to get a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Suggestions for repair: ANY data cable should be handled with much caution. If they're the type of ribbon cable that you push out from the board USE PLASTIC TOOLS. Using a simple metal flat-head may work, but it is possible you could bend/cut a component. Also, make sure that all the connections are secure before re-assembly. Some people make the mistake of assuming a cable is plugged in and end up thinking the screen they received was faulty when in reality it was just a loose connection.

This product showed up bright and I didn't notice any discoloration. Last word of advice, Triple check to make sure that this is the type of screen your laptop is.
on January 6, 2015
used this to fix a Dell laptop and it worked great. We installed this new monitor and the machine worked immediately. The instructions are on many sites in video form. You can verify the issue is a monitor by removing he old monitor, using a cable to attach a desktop monitor, and seeing if the display works. With the bad monitor removed form the machine, it should work connected to the desktop monitor. (you may need to use F8 or F4 to turn on the other monitor). This was exactly the same as the factory screen, in brand new condition with no scratches or blemishes.
on January 1, 2018
Easy to install
Top Contributor: Petson October 24, 2015
I couldn't believe how easy this was to install. Granted, I know my way around computers and repairing them, I hadn't replaced a LED screen before. It took me under 15 minutes (including watching an install video on YouTube) to take apart my computer, install the screen, and then put the computer back together. ANYONE can do this, and it is a much cheaper alternative to paying someone to do it for you.
on August 29, 2017
Was really excited...then as this beauty turned on...still excited...then lay it up on a white background and a black background and you can spot the dead pixels.. :-(
review image
on May 4, 2013
Received the package promptly. Packaged very well. I was surprised. This is much cheaper and easier than taking your computer to a computer store and having it professionally done. Took me all of ten minutes. I think i spent longer watching the how to video on youtube than i did doing it. I recommend to anybody who is looking to get their money worth and save a buck.
on October 25, 2012
It is a new screen, it works like the original screen that came in the computer, and does not have any burned out pixels or lighting issues; its nothing special, just a LCD with LED back-lighting . I was able to install it in less than 15 minutes in my Dell 5110 (15R)with only a common household Phillips screw driver, and no idea of what I was doing. (I had to replace mine because of the handy self scratching feature that Dell built into my laptop)

This is easy and the product works like OEM. If you are still not sure, check around on you tube.

Other thoughts:
Shipped and arrived late, thanks Amazon Prime...