Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Gunnar Optiks INT-00101 Intercept Full Rim Advance...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 40% off the $69.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
About the product
- Kill the glare with the only patented gaming eyewear recommended by doctors to protect and enhance your vision through the use of their specially designed lenses featuring proprietary tints and coatings that block high-energy blue light, UV and glare
- Weighing in at only 35-grams, these lightweight glasses are properly balanced to reduce pressure points and combat eye strain, while the Amber tint lens makes these glasses ideal for gamers
- 132-millimeter temples and full rim frame are forged from injection polymer to ensure lightweight durability, increase optical stability and enhance visual detail throughout the day
- Keep your glasses in place with the 18-millimeter bridge and multi-barrel hinges which create rotational stability for a long lasting fit; rigid lens mounting area keeps optics from degrading through lens flexing
- Limited Warranty that covers against defects for (1) year after purchase; these Advanced Gaming glasses with wide fit have curved nose rests to provide even weight distribution and eliminate pressure points
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
GUNNAR Optiks Intercept Gaming Glasses
GUNNAR Optiks Intercept Gaming Glasses improve visual performance and reduce eye strain for those with 20/20 or 20/20 corrected vision. Engineering grade injection polymers provide dimensional stability and long term durability and curved temples (arms) are designed to provide rotational stability for long lasting, comfortable fit. The Intercept has a wide fit frame ideal for a wide range of face shapes. Intercept has a 59-millimeter lens width, 18-millimeter bridge width and 132-millimeter temple length.
- Prevents dry eye, irritation and sharpens detail to ease eye strain.
- Distortion-free optics for lasting clarity in a durable, lightweight form.
- Filters blue light and UV to enhance contrast and protects eyes.
- Reduces glare to eliminate distraction and stress.
GUNNAR Patented Lens Technology
GUNNARS patented lens technology is designed and engineered to meet the demanding visual needs of the digital generation. GUNNARS lens design limits air currents near the eyes, increasing humidity and preventing irritation. This design enhances focus and sharpens detail to ease eye strain. The high-index lens material eliminates distortion from impurities and haze found in inferior materials to ensure the clearest image possible. The ultra light yet durable, performance optics will not degrade over time. GUNNARS proprietary lens tint filters blue light and blocks UV to enhance contrast and protect eyes. The filtered spectrum replicates natural light, minimizing visual stress. Premium lens coatings reduce glare and reflective light to eliminate visual distraction and stress. An external hard coat provides extended lens durability resisting scratches. GUNNAR computer and gaming glasses are also available with custom prescription lenses.
Front View of Glasses
About GUNNAR Optiks
Welcome to the Digital Generation. We are wired to a media-rich, networked world of infinite possibility. Visually connected to computers, tablets, phones and games - peering into an abyss of high-energy visible [HEV] blue light for hours can disrupt your entire system; your eyes, neck and back, circadian rhythms and overall health. Computer Vision Syndrome [CVS] has become a common problem for our digital generation. Nearly 70 percent of U. S. adults experience digital eye strain as a result of increasing use of digital devices. Cumulative exposure to HEV blue light can contribute to vision problems such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration. AGE -- GUNNAR is the only patented computer eyewear recommended by doctors to protect and enhance your vision. GUNNARS alleviate all causes of digital eye strain and visual fatigue. As the world’s leader in lens technology, GUNNAR pioneered computer and gaming eyewear technology and remains the official performance glasses recommended professional gamers globally. GUNNARS aids natural focusing to provide sharper, clearer vision, resulting in less strain on eye muscles. In addition, proprietary tints and coatings block high-energy blue light, UV and glare to protect your vision. GUNNAR lens design frames your face to protect your eyes from exposure to dry, ambient air currents. The result - improved clarity, focus and performance that meets the demanding visual needs of a new generation.
Side View of Glasses
Gunnar Optiks Advanced Gaming Full Rim Glasses, Intercept, Onxy, Amber Model: (INT-00101) Agency approved. Retro classic frame fused with futuristic technology, INTERCEPT completes the line between style and science. Multi-barrel hinges anchor injected temples. An ergonomically balanced frame supports precision optics. Polished logo plates create low-key accents subtle enough for any undercover recruit Wide format lenses create a panoramic viewing field for high resolution viewing; Rigid lens mounting area keeps optics from degrading through lens flexing; Multi-barrel hinges create rotational stability for long lasting fit; Curved nose rests provide even weight distribution and eliminate pressure points; Engineering grade injection polymers provide dimensional stability and long term durability
Top Customer Reviews
These Gunnar glasses with retro nerdframes stood out to me immediately. When I saw they came in *fun colors* I was more determined to make these my pair. Although there are a number of complaints about durability, I know I can be careful with my peripheral goodies so-- I decided to go for it. I've only had them a few days, but here are my impressions:
1. I love the color! I got Ink, which I felt was fun enough to stand out but neutral enough to go with lots of other colors. It is just as expected, being just a wee bit more vibrant against my pasty nerd skin and bright hair.
2. The texture. The frames themselves have a soft rubbery coating that feels awesome to the touch and prevents the glasses from sliding down my nose.
3. The real reason we buy them: the glare reduction. It's fantastic! I can't say that as you wear them you think things look that different, or the colors look dramatically less blue, but the moment you take the glasses off - while facing any computer screen - you can't help but notice that they were really working to reduce glare. When you take off the glasses you see the harsh blue light and how much they were blocking. It's not unlike the difference between being outdoors with polarized lenses that aren't dark, mostly just polarized and very lightly tinted/mirrored, and then popping them off for a moment to feel the full blaring light of day. Yes, it feels that dramatic. Especially when you use a computer in low-light settings and the monitor feels a bit like your own tiny, rectangular blue sun. :-)
4. Quality-- I can't speak for long term durability, but I will update this review immediately if I experience issues. Other than that these glasses have a feel similar to my neon wayfarer Oakleys, which I got in New York about four years ago. When I first held those glasses I thought they felt cheap compared to the Ray-Bans, but the salesperson explained how they were collapsible and flexible, etc. I got used to them and found I prefer their lightness. I have yet to have those shades pop apart on me so my hope is these will stand up fine, despite being light weight.
5. Smudging-- Others complain of smudging but I have had zero issues. Maybe I am fastidious? I don't know. I have really oily skin and leave blatant prints on everything I touch but... if I don't touch the lenses they don't get smudged. I gently remove them from my face by gripping the arms and then I gently place them in their case or on my XL desk-length mousepad. No issues. When I do have to clean them - to remove dust - my old Sunglasses Hut spray and wipe works fine.
Some things to note: I have an average-sized female head. These fit me perfectly. They do not squeeze near my ears like some glasses can. Anyone with a larger or wider head might be saddened by the fit, which would make the glasses painful to wear for long sessions, and could well be the cause of frame stress which could cause breakage that others have experienced. Just a theory. And looking at the hinge and arm construction - these don't look at all adjustable. Unless you can try them on in person - or are confident you have a head size that is "average female" or smaller - you may want to look for a different style.
Also, I bought the nice Gunnar case at the same time as the glasses (Gunnar Optiks GAI-030102 Gunnar Eyewear Case, Black). It fits width-wise, but the glasses are too deep and for this reason the case will not fully close. I considered returning it but since it was so inexpensive here, and I am not sure I would get the full refund since the item is not faulty, I just kept it and leave it on my desk as a place to safely nest the glasses when I go AFK. UPDATE 03/28/2016: I am not sure why this would be the case, except perhaps that the glasses could be less stiff and can now fold flatter? But the upshot is, last night I went to put my glasses in the case, same as always, and this time it just snapped shut as though it had always been able to do so. Previously the glasses had held it open and a gentle pressing did not cause the case to magnetize closed so - in order to avoid breakage of the glasses - just let the case sit ~1/4" open on my desk with the glasses in it for a little protection, being better than none.
Oh, and side note, you may not want to wear these while driving at night. I wore them out inadvertently and found that the blue-glare reduction caused some odd diffusion of the lights of oncoming vehicles. The color wasn't bad, in fact it reduced the glare same as from a screen, but the diffusion of the light made bigger fuzzy blind spots around oncoming traffic in darker places on the road. Just a word of caution. :-)
So, to sum it up: I love these. They are fun. They are comfortable. They really, really cut computing glare and so far they haven't given me a stitch of quality issues. Again, if they do I will update here ASAP. Hope this review helped and hope these glasses help your eyes, too! Best of luck!
Unfortunately, I have a few issues with them. Anything that gets on them, be it dust, a fingerprint, or something else, causes glare. A tiny smudge near an edge will cause glare that is so apparent that I know exactly where on the glass it is. The other problem is that cleaning them isn't exactly easy-- I have to work them over with a micro-fiber cloth for 20-30 seconds before any smudges are removed. Lastly, I feel like there's a slight softening of what I'm looking at when I put them on-- now of course they magnify which helps to read things better, but if I move closer to my screen after removing them I do notice a slight sharpness improvement which concerns me in terms of these not damaging my eyesight. I've never had these issue with other glasses and am left to assume that these must be made from cheap optical materials. This is my first and only pair of computer glasses so unfortunately can't compare them to the competition, but they do leave a little to be desired compared to my expectations from other types of glasses I've used.
As far as the eye strain reduction technology goes, they are better than regular glasses for reducing strain, but still not to the standard I was expecting based on other reviews. After an hour of use, my eyes still hurt.
Even setting these terrible fit problems aside, my product came with one lens clouded- either by defect or mishandling before it arrived for me. Sending mine back, trying one more pair in a different style, and then writing the company off
I bought these for work and was a bit embarrassed wearing them! They just really look funny because they're so big.
You do have to be careful taking them on and off and storing them because I do think they would break.
I would suggest buying a pair that wasn't so big that looked more like normal glasses. These are just huge.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I think they are worth the buy.
I unfortunately don't use these as much as I'd like.Read more
(Giving this 1 star so people will see it, not reflective of actual product function to reduce eye...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Gunnar Optiks INT-00103 Intercept Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Crystalline Lens, Onyx Frame Finish Windows Vista / XP, Mac, Nintendo Wii, GameCube, PlayStation 3, PlayStation2, PlayStation, Xbox 360, Xbox, WindowsGunnar Optiks$64.99