Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, GWU637,Black
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.56 x 0.75 x 1 inches|
|Data Link Protocol||802_11_BGN|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wireless connect Ethernet-enabled device to most Wi-Fi networks ((not compatible with Enterprise Authentication)
- Turn legacy electronics into high-speed Wi-Fi enabled devices. Operating Range - Indoor up to 100m, Outdoor up to 180m
- Supports transfer speeds of up to 300Mbps on 2. 4GHz networks
- Compatible with 802. 11b/g/n network standards
- Small form factor for ease of placement
- Backed by IOGEAR’s 1-year and FREE lifetime technical support
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
High speed wireless connectivity
- Wireless Bandwidth of up to 300 Mbps on 2.4GHz network
- Compatible with 802.11 b/g/n network standard
- Push-button Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for easy configuration
- Supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP and AES encryption
IOGEAR Wi-Fi Ethernet Adapter
Turn your wired devices into wireless devices over your Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your Ethernet enabled devices such as Gaming Consoles, Blu-ray players, computers or HDTV to your wireless home network
- Enjoy fast file transfer, music downloads, video streaming, on-line gaming & HD multi-media applications
- Works with any device with an Ethernet port
- No need to purchase an USB adapter that only works with a specific brand or device
- After configuring the unit, simply connect it to your device without worrying about re-wiring your home
Take the challenge and frustration out of setting up a secured home network with the simple press of a button. The IOGEAR Wi-Fi Ethernet Adapter features a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button offering a quick and secure network setup.
Compatible With Your Exiting Routers
In addition to the increased speed and coverage, you will be pleased to know that it is compatible with your existing 802.11b and 802.11g routers and access points.
Simple and Secure Networking
The IOGEAR Wi-Fi Ethernet Adapter features WEP, TKZP, AES, WPA and WPA hardware schemes, ensuring that your network is secure and your valuable data is protected.
Compare with similar items
Enjoy the freedom of Wi-Fi connectivity for any of your Ethernet enabled devices at home or in the office with IOGEAR's Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter. This is the ideal solution for devices that do not have built-in Wi-Fi and is universally compatible with any device with an Ethernet port. Avoid the clutter of cables and connect devices such as HDTVs, game consoles, and Blu-ray players to your Wi-Fi network. Older laptops, A/V receivers, network printers and other Ethernet only devices leave you at the mercy of a hardwired data connection. With IOGEAR's Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, you can breathe new life into your legacy electronics by giving them Wi-Fi capability. Using dual antennas (2T2R), the adapter delivers data rates up to 300Mbps and boasts speeds twice that of IOGEAR's Universal Wireless-N Adapter (GWU627). The increased speed supplies sufficient bandwidth for faster file transfers, music downloads, video streaming, online gaming, and HD multimedia applications. Designed to be thinner and lighter to make applications clean and clutter free, the Ethernet-2-WiFi Adapter is 40% smaller than its predecessor, without having to sacrifice performance. The compact design gives you the freedom to place your home entertainment center practically anywhere and stay connected to your wireless network. No need for power from an outlet, this device is powered by a USB port giving you more freedom to place it anywhere. For instance, the prevalence of USB ports on TV sets allow for simple and fast connection of the Ethernet-2-WiFi Adapter to any USB enabled television using the included USB power cable. Instantly connect to your network with the push of a button. This device supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP and AES encryption standards to keep your wireless connection safe from intruders.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Using the menu and a few reboots, I not only managed to change it to my 10 network but also assign a static IP to it so I can access my Denon AVR from my browser whenever I want.
The instructions are vague and the online manual even worse. But I won't take away a star for people just not knowing how to write a decent instruction manual.
End result, I connected it to my Denon, powered it up and entered the IP address in my browser and up popped the Denon configuration menu! It also remembers all the changes across power outages but you can do a manual reset in case you need to.
So this is a great solution for adding wireless to just about any legacy wired device. Being you can assign static IP addresses you can have as many of these puppies installed all over the house as you'd like. A good solution without many other options available like this.
Thanks so much to the reviewers who mentioned the 'secret squirrel' configuration page for this device. Without those configuration options, this would not have worked for me. I'm going to mention it again in case anyone missed it. After following the directions in the manual, you can navigate to 192.168.1.252/menu.asp to access the advanced options. These options turn this little device into a very powerful tool. In my case I was able to change the adapter from DHCP client to DHCP server. From there I just plugged it into my TP-Link 8-port switch TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch (TL-SG108) and the switch distributed internet to all my devices, with dynamic IPs provided by the Iogear adapter.
Easy Peasy. I cannot overemphasize how many little problems this device solved for me. Being a shadetree techy in an area without reliable internet is the pits, man. Just the worst.
To set up the adapter, you can use the WPS button, or If you're technically literate, here's the manual method:
1. Connect the power cord in the normal way and connect the IOGEAR adapter to the Ethernet port of a computer where you have admin control.
2. Manually configure your computer's Ethernet to use IP address 192.168.1.3 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 then restart your Ethernet.
3 Open a browser and go to 192.168.1.252. After the page loads, click the "Sitesurvey" button to see the list of Available WiFi signals.
4. Use the interface to connect to the WiFi of your choice. It's pretty straight forward.
5. Reset your computer's Ethernet port back to "Automatic", and test that the network connection is working normally.
6. (Optional) Remove the IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to WiFi adapter from the computer and put it on the device of your choice.
Update: May 23rd - this unit is useless as it's now intermittent and won't hold a signal. That's $41 I'll never see again. I DO NOT recommend this device.
Top reviews from other countries
I would recommend you install it using the manual route, I couldn't get the WPS bit to work properly. Simply connect it to your PC via the Ethernet port after giving your PC a static ip address, navigate to 192.168.1.252 in your browser and connect the adaptor to your WiFi. Then attach to your device that you want to make wireless.
- Since this device is used to bridge Ethernet to WiFi and it operates on 2.4GHz band for wireless communication this comes also as convenient solution for devices that at the same time as WiFi utilize USB3.0 port. Due to a common design flaw between USB3.0 and WiFi they both operate within same 2.4GHz frequency and improper port or cable shielding on USB end will create interference on communication and drop transmittion rates. With this device you can conveniently (if Ethernet isn't available) extend the WiFi antennas to be outside USB port reach and avoid transmition rates problems.
- easy to configure
- works in busy environment
- seems to only support 2.4GHz band for N standard but not 5GHz (least I was unable to make it work outside of 2.4GHz band)
Dec 2018 Update
Changed Ratting to two star. Seems that this drops connections all the time and needs to be rebooted. Not acceptable for a device of this nature. Lets see what the manufacturer will do anything about it.