Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 379 reviews
on March 14, 2015
My 6yr old HP Pavillion Win7 computer took many minutes to boot-up and shutdown. I thought that maybe my registry was fragmented from installing/deinstalling software over time or my 6yr old machine was just getting old. I read reviews and decided to take a chance that Iolo Tech System Mechanic might tell me if I were having a problem with my 6yr old Seagate Barracuda drive. For months System Mechanic kept giving me a "yellow" warning signal on my desktop that something is not right with my system. I performed a diagnostic check and made necessary repairs. But more alerts kept coming. There is a lot of tools available in this product. In my opinion, the most important tool in System Mechanic is is "DriveSense". This tool monitors your drive using 16 indicators based on industry standards. I was near failure on 3 of 12 indicators that pertained to sector issues. It would be helpful in System Mechanic provided a description of each of the indicators in Help. I am thankful that System Mechanic gave my enough overall advance warning so I could swap-out my drive before it failed. In retrospect, I equate to not using this type of software as driving your car without gauges or idiot lights.. I used my True Image cloning tool to transfer my data to a 1TB WD "Black" drive. All my problems have gone away. I will continue to use System Mechanic to clean my registry and keep my hard drive healthy.
on March 13, 2013
I was skeptical about System Mechanic, but I ran it on an older laptop which had been running slow. I had no problems with it. It corrected many problems, and improved many functions. It did increase speed noticeably, especially on boot up and shutdown, but as I said, the laptop is old, and has an old processor and hard drive, so they limit the ultimate top speed. However, I am pleased with System Mechanic. It ran trouble free, and made a noticeable difference.

UPDATE: Having had a good experience on the laptop, I ran it on two other computers very successfully, both newer desktops. It was easy to use and did a great job The only minor problem I had was on all three computers, it modified the file association on the desktop screensaver icons. After system mechanic, all three computers would open the .binary scr file in Notepad instead of launching the screensaver.. But, this was easy to fix with a regfile found on line. The desktops run really well now. I recommend this software..

"NUTHER" UPDATE: The laptop only had 250MB of RAM. I added another 500MB for a total of 750MB, and now it's greased lightning.
on July 18, 2013
The software installed quickly and without a hitch on my 19 month old Dell 17" laptop. Right off the bat it detected all kinds of problems in 7 categories which took about 90 minutes to clean up. In addition it provides a terrific way to close unnecessary programs that slow down the start up process and even gives detailed explanations about the purpose as well as percentage of users who choose to close or retain in start up mode. I've also noticed a distinct improvement in the time it takes to restart the PC from scratch as well as from hibernation mode. Called the free customer support line and waited less than a minute to speak to a representative who had a Indian accent but was quite fluent in English. He volunteered to help me install the software on the 2d PC but I wasn't ready to do so but now know they have the ability to go into your PC and download the software thereby bypassing the installation process again as you're allowed to protect up to 3 PC's with 1 year of support included with your initial purchase.
on June 13, 2011
After a few weeks of use, I am less and less thrilled with System Mechanic's performance each time I boot my computer. I follow all 'their' suggestions for speed and protection, etc., but when this purchase period is over, I'll seek a better program suite. I was a charter member-user of Peter Norton's PCTools and migrated over a period from 1985 to 2011 to System Mechanic. I have tried Norton/Symantec, Computer Associates, WebRoot, McAfee and several other products. Each migrated into the realm of over complication. My last virus (a week ago when I attempted to download photos of Congressman Weiner) was captured and killed by Microsoft's Security Essentials package before any damage was done and before System Mechanic realized anything was amiss. What I really don't like is that with many boot-ups or after System Mechanic runs, an icon or two will disappear from my desktop and files with much data and photos which I originated will simply disappear into some cloud somewhere. I really have my doubts that this product is fully compatible with Windows 7, which I also do not like. But, HEY!, what's the price of 'progress?'
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
The box was labeled 2010 and updated right away to 10.8.5 and took out the Windows installer for Vista 64 Ultimate SP2. I tried to uninstall it on an XP SP3 system and it took out most personal settings as well as all my documents and pictures, it uninstalled OK on another XP SP3 computer. On the XP computer that had a problem uninstall it had updated to 11.5. Don't trust this software ! It is recommended by Dell and Microsoft from what I've heard. But don't beleive it !
on July 20, 2017
not good
on September 20, 2013
Still use this, has worked fine, would like to be able to control things more than the program will allow me to, and that's my only complaint.
on September 18, 2013
This is one of the best software to maximum PC performance.
Seller gives a CD to install 3 PCs at home, so I could never worry to lose the software after reformatting hard drive due to system crash seriously.
Every day, after working on PC, to run it will help PC performance as expected. Since I bought it, I have never had any system problems on my PCs any more.
on November 15, 2014
my PC was dragging, even though my HD was only 1/4th full; too often it locked up. I can now say that after installation of SM it runs more smoothly and a little faster.
on November 10, 2013
I have used many system utilities over the years and continue to use a couple of others besides this one, but this is my favorite. I recently paid to have my subscription extended for 3 years because I like this software so much.