Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on May 4, 2013
As a "vinyl virgin" I turned to this item to help clean my newly acquired finds. Absolutely no complaints, the brush and the cleaning solution works great for basic dust and dirt removal. I typically put 5-10 drops all around the record then move the brush along the direction of the grooves threes times one way and three times the other, then dry off with a mirco-fiber cloth, no scratches, no mess. For a light cleaning of a couple records at a time this is the way to go, but once I really started buying I did upgrade to the Spin-Clean Record Washer which is a little faster and easier to do a deeper clean with. But I still use this occasionally when I only buy a record or two that I want to play right away.
11 comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 30, 2013
The "cleaning solution" is only distilled water, which you can purchase by the gallon at the grocery story for $1.50. So, you're really paying for the brush, which did remove some dust, but seemed to push the dirt around more than take it off. The records still had a lot of noise on them. Also, as other reviewers have noted, the brush doesn't come with a container or bag, so you'll need to put it in a Ziplock or something if you want to keep dust from getting on it. In order to really get my records sounding better, I went ahead and invested in the Spin-Clean Record Washer MKII. It's 80 dollars, but it's easy and efficient and did a great job getting my vinyl to look and sound cleaner. I probably will continue to use the brush from this kit just for quick dustings between plays, but for anything more than that I'll be using the Spin-Clean.
on April 27, 2017
Doesn't seem to work as well as the cleaners I had years back. You can wipe all the dust into one pile on the record with this, but it won't pick it up or wipe it OFF the record.
on July 1, 2017
Wow, it had been a long time since some of my LPs had been used, and I hadn't owned a cleaner for a long time either. Was pleased to receive this product and put it to use. Seems to clean very well, and is easy to use.
on December 16, 2017
keeps my records maintained. i used it as the truth when i buy a new record to expose any imperfections.
on January 31, 2016
Had some old vinyl from 20+ years ago. Before using this cleaner I had a lot of pops in the playback. Wow! What a difference this thing makes. After cleaning my LP's sondes great! This thing is exactly as advertised. Sure, it's just some fabric on a sponge attached to a wooden handle, but it's gets the job done wonderfully.
on May 19, 2017
This is just wonderful. I like it very much
on July 25, 2017
Great.

Shipped promptly.
on September 7, 2015
So I'm new to the whole vinyl thing, and don't have a ton of money to work with at the moment so I figured I'd try this out since it was one of the cheapest ones, and I really needed some of my new records cleaned asap.
Luckily for me, it did the job and easily cleaned my vinyl up. The brush is soft, and does a wonderful job getting dust off.
My only complaint is the price, since after buying I realized it's only distilled water so I feel a little bothered.
on August 7, 2017