Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on October 11, 2011
The Ion IT28 Quick Play Flash turntable is all Ion claims ... small, good looking, efficient, and 3 speeds (33, 45, 78 rpm). It works flawlessly. I have 7 portfolios filled with 78 rpm records that I have wanted to convert to digital format and this Ion does it. Simply insert the attached USB flash stick into the USB port, place your record on the turntable and start converting. Afterwards, the flash stick can then be inserted into your Mac or PC computer and the converted digital file copied. This is the most straight-forward method of transferring music. You may also use the included software by directly connecting the Ion to your computer.

The Ion connects to any receiver (even one without a turntable input) by connecting to a simple RCA input jack. Since many newer surround sound system receivers no longer include a turntable input, this is a great way to listen to your old records. The ion comes w/ the USB flash stick, all cables and software for both Macs and Windows and an included needle cartridge for both 78s and 45s & 33s. Replacements are available and very inexpensive.

The terrible audio quality of 78s of course transfers to the digital format, but w/ 3rd party audio software, the music can easily be filtered and the offending scratches and hisses minimized. I cannot say enough about the Ion. They have created a simple and direct approach to a very old problem ... getting those old analog records into our new digital lives.
on April 26, 2013
To be honest, I didn't expect much for the $30 I spent on this turntable. I had one LP that I needed to convert to MP3 format because it had my Dad singing on it and I wanted it preserved since he has now passed away. This worked like a charm. It came with the cable to hook it up directly to my laptop and go through the software, but honestly, I had much better luck using the USB flash drive that came with the turntable. I didn't have to mess with sound equalizers or anything of that sort. Just record and that was it. If you want something economical and no frills but with excellent results, then I highly endorse this USB turntable.
on August 1, 2013
For the most part it is extremely consistent. I had a few times-few days acquiring a consistence for it and I had to play around a little. Once I got the "knack" for it, it has been wonderful to me. It has not been as easy when you consider the work you have to do unless it is totally albums. I had to intersperse numerous old time 45's with the recordings. AND, the volume that I ended up with was somewhat inconsistent I recorded to my cell phone and there was no need to purchase an MP-3 player.IF I HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN AND PURCHASE; I HAVE NO PROBLEMS.

Vic
on September 20, 2012
I bought this because I have read the product details that it can convert our LP into wav files.
But the reality is that, it converts directly to mp3. Aside from that, it converts the small file which is 128 kbit, which is not a good quality of sound.
I don't know who wrote the details, they should change that.
on January 17, 2013
This was the biggest pile of junk. I had spent my whole day at home just to receive this horrible record player. Once I had hooked the Record player up, I had noticed the sound quality was really poor. It had no bass at all and was really distorted. I didn't bother hooking it up to the PC. If you really want a good Record player that guarantees awesome sound quality, go for the Ion Profile Vinyl Player. This was one of the worst items Ion has ever made.
on December 28, 2012
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She wanted to be able to play her records and record them to mp3s. The volume on the speakers was very low when we tried to play the record and the volume buttons did not work. The description also said that you could plug in headphones and the sound would automatically go to the headphones. Well that didn't work. The sound kept going through the unit and there was no sound through the headphones. The same thing happened when we plugged into our stereo speakers. Do not buy this product.
on March 31, 2014
Really useful and necessary for those with lots of vinyl disks and very little green stuff to spend.

It converts records a lot fast and more efficiently than any other system.

I have worked with several of these converters in my efforts and really wish I'd hit upon this piece a (really) lot sooner!
on October 19, 2013
This thing doesn't come with an on-off switch. I don't know whether that's the case for most other players, but mine blew out its capacitor and was rendered useless. Also the USB thing is pretty silly. I bought it because, at the time, it was going for $25 bucks.
on October 16, 2013
Works as described but does not favor older somewhat work records. Nonetheless, for records in very good shape , the turntable is excellent. The new technology is great but the old product has to still be of some quality. I've used it a lot and it's fantastic.
on December 15, 2013
If you remember form all those years ago, put a penny on the head of the needle to keep the record from skipping. Yep, still gotta do that. Also, not a top notch quality of sound, but if you are looking to reminisce, this should do the job.