Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 782 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 840 reviews
on March 21, 2012
I never received the item. My first contact with the company was them explaining how shipping works and I should give them more time for me to receive the item (it had been 2 weeks by this time to ship from Houston to Fort Worth Texas) After a month of not receiving the item I emailed again this time asking for a refund. They stated to give them another chance, I was done dealing with them and wanted a refund. I had to let them know I would contact Amazon directly, once I stated this, I received it without any confirmation from the company. This is my 2nd attempt to post a negative review. The first time it never showed for some reason after I submitted it successfully and here is my 2nd. I originally posted a negative review before my first email to them because it had been 2 weeks, they asked me to post a positve one as they assured me I would receive it. Please think twice before you order from this company. They are difficult to deal with and do not give you what you are promised. Also if they have to solicit customers to post a positive comment, I should have seen that as a red flag.
on September 27, 2015
I've been using this cover for 2+ years now. I initially got it because I was temporarily moving to a very dusty/sandy area. Definitely keeps stuff out of the key crevices. My letters/characters are just barely off; it's not distracting. Fits very well on the keyboard. My only complaint is that after some time it will leave some kind of residue on your keys. Don't freak out, it rubs off; and it's definitely much better than the marks your greasy fingers will eventually leave.
on July 8, 2010
Just got this today and it does look really cute! The hot pink is nice and I love it. It serves its purpose well by keeping dust, oil, and dirt from getting onto the keyboard and in between the cracks. It's easy to clean (I did so in about 30 seconds). I do have 3 gripes, however. The first is that the actual keyboard lettering and the cover's lettering don't line up, which is kind of cumbersome to the keyboard's backlight (although the backlight does show through). The 2nd is that it does take some getting used to. Typing requires a lot more force than it used to and occasionally pressing on one key triggers another. Of course no keyboard cover is going to give you the exact same feel as the original keyboard. I think after a few weeks I won't even feel it. The last gripe is that I have a macbook pro 15" unibody 2008 version and the top part of the cover (the part above the play/pause buttons and volume buttons) seems to be a little too big and sticks up and ruffles a bit. Overall a good buy, I think I'll be using this for a while-I hate it when the spaces between each key get clogged with grime.
on January 22, 2013
The UPS guy just dropped this off and I am in love with it. I had a clear one before but it was a little sucky. I have a 2009 MacBook Pro (13 inch) and this fits PERFECTLY. It's completely flush and kind of sticks itself to the computer. The letters are preprinted on it, but they line up 100% correctly. I see absolutely no issue whatsoever with this. Best $5 ever spent. The only "downfall", if you want to call it that, is that the color is not really like the picture. The color is more of a peptobismal than a hot pink. Oh well though. Still awesome! Also, it has kind of a matte finish. My previous one was a little glossy and my fingers would slip on it. This one really prevents the slipping.
on May 14, 2016
I love this keyboard cover. It's the second one like it I have bought. They normally last me about six months of spending about 10 hours a day on my computer. I have spilled on my keyboard a few times, and this protects it wonderfully. I suggest getting a colored cover. The first one I had was the clear one, and it looked slightly off and didn't blend in well. With the pink one, though, people ask if that's the real keys.

After about six months, I know it's time to get a new one when the cover starts stretching and won't stay as tightly on the keys. Also as a caution to first-time​ purchasers that it takes a little getting used to. It requires a little more force than normal to type.
on March 19, 2013
As a busy graduate student, who has dinner more often with her laptop than other people, I needed a simple solution to keep crumbs out of my keyboard. I also happen to love the color pink, so I figured this would be a good solution to my crumb dilemma.

Pros:
-Does keep crumbs out
-Adds a pop of discrete color/personality to my Late 2011 13in MBP

Cons:
-Buttons are significantly more difficult to press. This led to many typing errors, and actually I experienced some muscle twitches in my fingers and thumb that I had not previously experienced as a result of this keyboard cover.
-After only 2 months the color started to wear off. Granted - I spend a significant amount of time on my laptop each day, a vast majority of it is typing on my keyboard.

The bottom line: I paid nearly $1500 for my macbook pro, and I don't feel like it does my mac justice to have a keyboard cover with worn spots on it. I have just received the ultra thin clear keyboard cover (http://www.amazon.com/UPPERCASE-Ultra-Clear-Keyboard-Macbook/dp/B007FL6100/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363728833&sr=8-3&keywords=macbook+pro+keyboard+cover) and already I like this product much more. In fact, you can barely tell that the keyboard is covered. I wish I would have spent the $8 on the clear keyboard cover initially instead of trying this product.

My advice is to not buy this unless you like the worn look, or twitchy fingers for the matter.
review image
on June 26, 2011
I carefully read numerous reviews before deciding on this product and I'm glad that I did! The cover fits PERFECT on the keys of my MacBook Pro 13". I use it more for protection than anything (I tend to get crumbs in my keyboard!), but the pink helps too!! I always get comments on it. I got the cover within a week of receiving my MacBook, so I haven't really noticed the differences that others have mentioned. I think someone mentioned that it muffles the sound - once I lifted it up while playing music, I realized this WAS true, but it doesn't effect clarity of your music at all. The difference is hardly noticeable, really. I don't even have the sound all the way up ever. I can still see the lights emitted from under the keys and the color hasn't faded, although you can tell where the color isn't as thick. I also have long nails, and I haven't noticed any of the letters rubbing off at all, which is a problem I usually have with keyboards. This is something I will purchase again once it gets gross or worn out (which I don't see happening any time soon - I've been using this for about 6 months now!) For the price, you CANNOT beat this cover.
on August 9, 2012
I own a 13" Macbook Pro (Apple MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)), and I can't imagine finding a better value for a keyboard skin. At 99 cents, how can you really lose? Some comments:

1) My skin fits neatly and tightly over my keys. I've observed no major impact on typing, though undoubtably, typing on the keyboard without the skin is always going to be better.
2) The skin has a slightly tacky feel, even after 3 months of use. Not that its sticky, just that the bare keys are much smoother, while the skin has some texture.
3) The bottom center of my skin rolls up slightly (under the space bar). It's mildly annoying.
4) The backlight keyboard is nowhere near as effective with the skin on. This is no surprise as the skin is painted to be opaque.
5) You can see where the skin's painted symbols don't perfectly align with the actual keyboard. For example, when the caps lock button is engaged, the orange light that lights on the physical keyboard is slightly off from the painted image. It shines through the skin, so its noticeable.

These are all nit-picky things provided to try to give a thorough review. Any problems I have with the skin are minor relative to the value.
on July 11, 2017
I bought this cover because I thought it would look really cool, and at first glance, it does. But then you notice the lettering on the skin isn't placed correctly on the keyboard and the actual letters shine through underneath leaving a strange shadow. Its very irritating and I eventually just took it off.
on February 5, 2015
I love this except when I am using my computer with no lights on. The light from the keyboard doesn't come through so I can't see the keys. That's my only "complaint" if you can even call it that.

I have two very rambunctious kids and I myself am not what you would consider to be a gentle and accident free person. I love knowing that my keyboard and computer are protected from sticky fingers and accidental spills. This makes cleaning my computer keys a cinch.

Did you know that the keyboard is one of the most germ ridden areas? This allows for easy cleaning of the surface area to get rid of germs. YAY! Not that I care much about germs but I know a lot of people who do. My personal feeling is bring them on so I can get healthier. But that's a whole different topic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.