Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IZOD Men's Madison Slim-Fit Pant
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on January 16, 2015
And I'm not a hipster. These are nice pants, but they're basically sized like regular pants were sized, some years back, before America got fat. The leg openings, at 18 inches, are also too large for "slim" pants. Also, trim guys usually don't need a stretch waistband. So, if you're a normal sized guy, who likes to pound a couple too many beers and eat some pizzas on the weekends, these may be your dream khakis.
on August 16, 2015
I've ordered a whole bunch of pants from Amazon (yay for free returns!) and these are by far the best for my purposes. Yes, they are not truly slim fit but they're my go-to pants for both work and "smart casual" attire. I like them so much that I've now ordered four pairs.

The reason for my mediocre review is that the quality of the last pair I got was lacking. I've had them barely a month and the stitching around the pocket has come out (see picture). And from reading these reviews, it looks like mine is not the only complaint about poor quality recently.

FYI, I've found that they fit pretty true to size. I'm 6'3, 185 and get the 33X34 size.

---

Update: ANOTHER of these pants have ripped in the exact same place as the last one - at the base of the pocket, except this time on the right side (I've attached a second pic). These pants were three months old, and were worn roughly twice a week. This confirms the recent quality issues. My first two pairs lasted well over a year each, but my most recent two have fallen apart at one month and three months.
review image review image
on November 10, 2014
I bought these because I always seem to have 2 issues.when buying form a store.
1. I can't find the right waist/length combo
2. Even when I'm able to overcome issue number 1, it seems the pants are made for "meatier" people.

The pants fit as advertised, not too tight/loose. They seem well made too, like they will last a long time and through several washes without looking like work pants (Dickies)

The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is that the legs could be slightly thinner. They staight straight all the way down making the leg openings a little wide for my tastes.
on May 6, 2016
Our teenage son has a couple pair of these. Occasionally he has to attend a school club in a navy blazer and these go well with that. They also look great with a dress shirt or polo shirt and no blazer. They're not super slim, but don't hang on him like regular sized pants tend to do. He is 6'1" and 150 lbs. The 32x34 are just a wee bit big in the waist but he tried to size down to a 31 and they were too small across the hips. I like that these don't require ironing if you hang them right away. I usually touch them up a little anyway so the crease is sharp, but they look perfectly presentable if they aren't ironed. They also travel well. He doesn't wear them more than once or twice a month so I can't comment on how they stand up to regular wear.
on November 26, 2015
something is wrong with the quality control. i went through two pairs of these pants and both times, the seam on the right hip came apart within a few hours of putting them on the first wearing. I sent the first pair back and got a replacement in hopes that i had just been unlucky, but the second pair did the exact same thing. It's too bad because the fit is nice, and materials seemed ok. Plus, this is one of the few pairs that amazon carries that are offered in my size (28X28).
on October 26, 2015
I don't like posting strong negative reviews, but these pants are just falling apart. I have had them for only a few months and the fabric is fraying in multiple places (significant fraying, not one or two threads). They are well fit and pretty comfortable, but none of the other pants I wear from many other manufactures have ever frayed this much in such a short period of time. I have a couple of IZOD shirts that I wear often, fit well, and have not started to fall apart after many months of use. I don't know if I just got a really bad pair of pants, but I cannot recommend pants that last less than 6 months during regular office job wear.

I would ignore this review if no one else has posted about the same type of problems.
on April 12, 2014
The pants is somewhat baggier than i thought. Unlike the picture which really look very slim cut but turns out almost like regular pants.
on January 8, 2015
These are great khaki pants. They are slim, but not like "skinny jeans". I'm 5'11" and 160lbs. I've always had a hard time finding a good pair of slacks without looking like my legs are swimming in fabric. These were nice and trim. My only complaint, is that this particular khaki doesn't come with a cuff. To get around this, I simply ordered two extra inches for my inseam, and will have my tailor cuff them for me. Once that's done, these will be perfect! The fabric is strong, 100% cotton, and well made.
on February 18, 2014
These pants are just right for the smaller, slimmer guy! Just a tad dressier than the American chino which I also purchased, but can also be casual. My husband loves the fit of the Izod slim cut and I do too!
on February 28, 2014
My husband is very happy with these pants. The fit is very good. He wears a 32-29 which is almost impossible to find in retail stores. I can't count how many pants I have ordered for him and then returned because they were either too baggy through the hips and legs or the length was wrong. I ordered three pair of this style and they all fit perfectly. Hooray for Amazon and IZOD!

See 1 answered question