Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ibanez TS808 Overdrive Pedal
|Price:||$150.98 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Overdrive, Tone and Level controls
- Delivers that warm, natural tube overdrive sound previously unattainable by conventional units.
- Zine die cast construction and rugged rubber stopper assures durability.
- LED indicator shows status of effect and battery condition.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The sum it up, it is an american classic, a must have. Stevie Ray Vaughn used it, and so many more american guitar icons. I live by this pedal.
The Ibanez TS-808DX (DX for Deluxe) is a faithful reincarnation of the original TS-808 Tube Screamer circuit made in the late 1970s & early 1980s, complete with the 4558 opamp. While the circuit is the same, the layout is slightly different which may account for some tonal difference, but most people will not notice any significant difference. While I have not myself ever played thru an original "holy grail" Tube Screamer from 1980, in the samples I've heard (and I've heard alot) the DX and original pedal are very similar. Both sound great, and honestly I don't think I have a preference for one over the other, other than I'm not willing to pay $1000 for a 30 year old piece of electronics. (That's crazy, and totally overrated). Certainly the TS-808DX is not a cheap pedal ($250) by any stretch of the imagination, but is the only TS-808 design that meets modern demands for tube screamers out-of-the-box (no mods needed). I'm an electrical engineer and not afraid to solder but if I have the option to have a factory-performed versus self-done, its better to avoid the hassle and let the factory do it. (I'm ready to pay extra money for that.) For the price of what custom mod shops do (same or more!), I'd recommend just going with this one to start! Worth noting: the big guys (Analogman, Keeley, etc) have mods for every Ibanez TS model ever produced, BUT they don't any options for this one (nothing to improve on!)
Here are some of the top features:
-Faithful original TS-808 circuit and JRC4558D opamp, with original controls
-True bypass (rather than original FET switch). This is alone is a $50 upgrade on boutique pedal modifiers.Read more ›
if you are set on the ts808 tone like i was, and are comparing the TS808 reissue vs the TS808dx, see below for my assessment for why i chose the TS808dx:
1) True bypass
2) Switches are way easier to engage and feel more sturdy
3) LED lights are bright and easy to see (i thought it was difficult to see the LED light on the reissue)
4) No power adapter chord needed
5) As i found out while i played it: The boost on it is awesome! it adds a beautiful shimmer to it when engaged on the "post" setting and more growl when set on the "pre" setting. i'll probably always keep the boost on as it adds a lot to my tone (i use the xotic ep booster as my booster).
6) 9v and 18v option: After switching between 9v and 18v numerous times (i have the t-rex chameleon with the two power options), I was finally able to hear the difference between the two. imo, the 18v is a tad louder, more open, and adds a little more treble, while the 9v is more balanced and smooth. I know I'll probably be in the minority, but I like the sound of the 9v more at this time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sounds pretty good but the switch button doesn't respond all the time and when it's off it'll turn on by itself sometimes. Disappointing. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jo
Great overdrive pedal, has a good amount of range from subtle to full crunch. I use at least some amount of it on pretty much everything I play, it adds a lot of character and... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Matias
Fantastic! I never understood how SRV, albert king, etc...got that "screaming" sound, this seems to replicate that. Read morePublished 13 months ago by General Inquires