Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ice Age Comp (1-4) Bs Bd [Blu-ray]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 30, 2014
This is for the Ice Age 4-Movie Set (Blu Ray) A few things not mentioned in the description that people would probably want to know

Yes you get all 4 movies.

-Each move has its own box case. (as if you bought them individually)
-Each movie box case consists of a blu ray disc, DVD disc and digital download disc (in case your car only has a DVD player). So its nice to have all three formats

- The Sound is in DTS HD Master Audio for all the Blu Ray Discs. Pretty sure only one of the movies is 7.1, the rest are 5.1

The movies are cute and the picture quality is awesome. Enjoy
22 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2014
As others have mentioned, while the description lists only Blu-ray discs, this set does, in fact, include blu-ray, DVD, and digital copies of each of the four Ice Age films. At this price, it's an absolute steal!

We had the first Ice Age on DVD only, and the third on blu-ray, DVD, and digital, so I thought I'd purchase 2 and 4, preferably in the combo pack format. It would have been more expensive to purchase those two than all four in this set! No brainer -- it gives us a couple extra DVDs for those that (inevitably) get scratched.

Great deal!
on February 7, 2015
Love the movies however the order took along time to come and my other orders on the same day came a lot faster than this one and I'm still upset that I can't get the digital copies to work on the first 3 movies. The only reason I bought this set was because they all came with a digital copy. The only one that worked was the last one. The last one I was able to put in my vudu account. The other 3 need to be loaded into my iTunes account. Well I tried all 3 of them and none of them are able to go into my iTunes account. I think you need to let people know this and the fact that putting a disc in your computer to get loaded into iTunes on these does not work. If your going to sell a set of these then they all should be able to be put into a vudu account or all in iTunes not 1 to vudu and the rest to iTunes. The movies I give a 5 to but the service and explanation of the product is causing me to give a 4 star.
on January 28, 2015
My son adores all four of these movies. After realizing the ridiculousness of having them all recorded on our DVR, some with commercials and scenes cut and some without, I decided to get these for him for Christmas.
I was honestly expecting just the four Blu-Rays and possibly all in just one box and was content with that for the price, honestly. I was delighted to find that this is a proper box set. It's all 4 movies, in their own Blu-Ray cases all in a cardboard box. Each Blu-Ray is just the way you'd buy it individually from the store, complete with. Blu-Ray disc, DVD disc and digital copy. Hot dog, what a deal!

When we get Blu-Rays of family movies we usually send the DVD copy over to my in-law's house. My son and his cousins usually spend a couple of days a week there, so it's nice to be able to send their favorite movies over and not have to worry about remembering to get them back or trying to remember if they bought so-and-so movie themselves or if it's one we brought over and forgot. My MIL loves the Ice Age movies, but only has a copy of the first one, so she was just as excited as the kids to have copies of them all at her house.
And I now have the option of loading up one or two of them on the tablet for the next time we go on a road trip.

One thing I was worried about is the captions. I have hearing issues and my son is very used to watching movies with the captions on. Even if I'm not watching it he will turn them on himself because he prefers it. I've had issues before where I've ordered inexpensive copies of movies on DVD online only to find that it didn't have captions. Some only had poor subtitles, only had subtitle options in languages I don't speak, or had no subtitle or caption options at all. (NOTE: the difference between captions & subtitles: captions have indications of who's talking if they're not on screen, sounds that are happening in the background, tell you if music is playing, etc. Subtitles only copy the dialogue, not background noises, nonverbal sounds, and often don't indicate who is speaking. Poor subtitles will leave out lines, make long sentences more concise by removing details, and often won't indicate one-word statements like "yes," "no," "uh-huh," or one character calling another's name. It makes a big difference when your hearing problems are slight enough to allow you to understand most dialogue, but not be able to hear many background noises, the difference between things like "uh-huh" and "uh-uh", or fully understand especially deep or especially high voices. And if especially makes a difference when you have friends and family that are Deaf.)
These Blu-Rays (and I believe the DVDs as well) have proper Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (which are proper captions). I think they might also have options for subtitles in a couple of languages that aren't frequently offered on DVDs distributed in the USA (I'm pretty sure Mandarin is an option and Cantonese and Korean might be as well) but as I don't read/speak those languages I mostly noticed it because it was an unusual thing to see in a subtitle menu.

These really and truly are, as far as I can tell, the exact same Blu-Ray dvds you'd buy in the store, but all in a set and at the cost of only one-and-a-half of the dvds, if that. Highly, highly recommend!
on July 16, 2015
Great Movie Set but don't think that you will receive the digital copy....it has expired long ago. Hate that this wasn't in the description but I do still enjoy the Blu-ray/dvd, they work perfectly and price was still nice.
on July 28, 2014
While the sequels are never truly as good as the first, they are all good despite their made for tv-esque mood. The third one was probably my favorite despite not having the same dramatic elements the human portions of the the first film had. Overall though each movie was better than I could have expected. Can't wait for Ice Age 5!!
on July 26, 2014
Great movies that I will love seeing again for the who knows how many times. But the two boys who are getting this as a gift will watv=ch them over and over again and I have to admit I'll be watching them again also...need I say more?
on October 31, 2014
As other reviewers have mentioned, this includes 4 movies each in their own DVD case, then packaged into the 4-movie set box. You get three formats of each movie: Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital version. My 3 1/2 year old was very excited about the first movie and is looking forward to seeing his favorite characters in the next three. Great deal for a 4 disc set.
on December 31, 2015
I dont know about these other reviews but my order consisted of one box with 4 blu-ray disks only. All other reviews claim to have had 3 versions in their box set but not mine. The main reason i purchased this set was because of those reviews, i wont be relying on these reviews anymore. A little false advertizing heee?
on February 16, 2016
I ordered DVD format and received DVD format only. Not any other format. Please look at the option you choose at check out. If the option you have chosen is DVD it is going to be DVD and if the format you have chosen is blue ray it is going to be blue ray only. Only multi format once will come with all formats.
That said we enjoy these movies a lot with Dawn of the dinosaur being our favorite. My son has seen it around 50 times already and repeats all the dialogues.