Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 516 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 569 reviews
on March 30, 2017
The first Ice Age holiday special made for TV was A Mammoth Christmas in 2011; it debuted on Fox Thanksgiving Night that year, and it arrived on DVD & 2D Blu-ray the following Saturday! The 3D Blu-ray releases came along in later years. At any rate, as Shrek the Halls in 2007 took place between Shrek 3 & 4, Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas took place between its own 3rd and 4th movies, when Peaches was a little kid Mammoth played by former Nick star Ciara Bravo. Also in this instant holiday classic are Prancer (played by T.J. Miller, who'd later play Fred/SuperFred in Big Hero 6, Disney's 54th animated feature) and his family of reindeer who'd join Santa as his sleigh team, Santa's army of mini-sloths (the Santa-Rage), and Santa himself, in the style of the cavepeople of the original Ice Age movie, but can talk like the animals can, and can understand them! Alongside the movies, A Mammoth Christmas also deserves a spot in your home video library, either for the Ice Age movies or for your Christmas classics collection! Stay tuned for my review of the much-sought-after Easter special, The Great Egg-Scapade, which debuted in 2016!
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2014
This special is just what you would expect from the Ice Age franchise: Christmas with a prehistoric spin and a lot of humor. Manny is trying to share his Christmas traditions with daughter Peaches when Sid turns everything to shambles, angering Manny and ultimately sending Peaches on a quest to prove Santa is real and sending Manny and Ellie into a tailspin searching for their daughter. Eventually the plot and attitude of the story completely change and the whole gang winds up helping Santa save Christmas.
Along the way, we are introduced to the beginnings of a few Christmas traditions and given a somewhat new backstory for Santa Claus with answers to how he got the reindeer and the evolution of Santa’s elves.
This is a very charming Christmas special complete with family spats, Scrat’s exploits, and a heartwarming ending.
on January 30, 2014
This is a really funny and cute Ice Age Christmas Special, but it is very short - basically the length of one TV episode (22 min.) - they should make 2-3 more of these and put them all on 1 DVD. If they were smart, they would do what has been done with Shrek and Madagascar... make several shorts for all different holidays. Those are on Netflix by the way in case you're interested. :-) The Ice Age collection is just so good and I think they should make use of that by making more holiday specials instead of just more movies.
on August 26, 2014
Who doesn't like the Ice Age movies? This Christmas short was a nice addition to our Ice Age catalog of movies. I thought it would be fun to bring this out each year as an alternative to Frosty and Rudolph, but it appears that the networks have started including it in their yearly holiday programming too. Oh well. At least we can watch our version without the commercial interruptions. It still made for a great stocking stuffer for the kids.
on December 20, 2014
Cute movie with a few decent 3D effects, but it was only about 20 minutes long! When I bought it, I thought I was buying a movie, not an animated short like you would see before the main event. And that's how we treated it, as a cute prelude to another 3D movie, but I can't help feeling like I paid too much.
on January 11, 2017
I haven't watched the film so I can't say what I think of the content. I should have been suspicious when the description does not indicate length of time, which I still don't know the answer to. My biggest complaint is the "digital copy". I purchased a combination Blu Ray/DVD/Digital expecting to use it on Vudu. NOT this digital. It only plays on a laptop or other device. WHAT? I have a DVD/Blu Ray player on my laptop. Why would I want a separate disc to carry around just to put in my laptop? STUPID. What a waste of money.
on May 1, 2017
I thought this was very cute and family orientated. Goes right along with any story line in the movie series.
on January 7, 2017
If I could describe this movie in one word, it would LAME. I can't believe I paid $9.99 for this movie in 3D. The best thing it had going for it was that it was 3D. The plot was disjoined and all over the place. I suppose really young children would enjoy it, because they don't pay attention to plot, but the viewing will be sheer torture for the adult watching with them. Don't waste your money.
on June 5, 2017
complete my son's ice age collection...
on May 4, 2017
Thanks for the movie it's ok