Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on October 11, 2010
Decades ago, I purchased two of the old CoolDana models from QVC. The strip inserts wore out and I had nothing! I now have Fibromyalgia in my neck and shoulders and am having an awful time with it! Especially trying to sleep---

In desperation, I googled a bit and found these strips at Amazon! I bought five sets of two. I find using two strips in my old supplex "scarves" works well because they stay cold longer.

These strips freeze quite fast, take up little room in the freezer, and are flexible enough to fit around my neck comfortably enough to sleep in them. I would recommend them highly! When I get the Fibro headaches (like migraines), I tie one around my head, to good effect. They also work very well in hot weather for comfort and are wonderful for hot flashes!

They can be used around knees, elbows -- any place you're hurting. I recommend them highly!
on August 1, 2015
These are a sturdy ice insert to go into your bandana for those long days, those hot days when you need more than one insert to make it through the heat. Just carry them in a small insulated container and go. Those of us who really need a product like this for medical reasons usually have a small insulated bag we have picked up along the way to make these a problem free issue to the hot summer days.
on July 31, 2013
The product was as advertised. It works well. The only complaint I have is that the "chill" effect does not last as long as I needed it too. I prefer using my towel into which I place several ice cubes and then roll into a tube and place on my neck. Only problem is that I then get my shirt wet as the ice melts.

The Ice Bandana did not get my shirt wet and performed well for a limited time in the sun.
on August 5, 2013
I bought extras to go with my bandannas. I keep them in the freezer and when I need to change I just exchange one for the other. Good product and would recommend.
on September 29, 2015
Went on a trip to the Philippines and these were lifesavers
on July 29, 2013
I had bought a more expensive "neck collar cooler" (which did work great) but thought I'd try to get something cheaper. So I bought this ... and it's true "You get what you pay for" ... this did NOT work at all ... it's just plain water in very flimsy cheap plastic ... almost like putting water in a sandwich bag ... it started leaking the first time I used it ... so water dripping all over. Thus, I went back to the more expensive item that I'd purchased before and bought it again ... the item that DOES WORK is the ... TechKewl Deluxe Phase Change Cooling Neck Band ... it is made to cool quickly and last longer .. It cools to 58 degrees (thus, cold to human skin but not too cold that it hurts like ice does) ... so it's not just water inside of it ... it is a special water and "safe" chemical mix that cools quickly to 58 degrees and then lasts longer than just regular ice would last .... I researched it on the internet because I was trying to get a cheaper product and after trying this "cheap" but worthless product I then decided to research the more expensive product to see IF it was worth it ... then i realized that the better product had special "filler" in it and that's why it was more expensive ... so now I just buy this item when I need a new one. The ones I have bought lasted over a year ... and I use them daily .. thus, from constant use it finally wore out a bit ... meaning each square of the special water is originally in small and separated squares ... with constant use .. the small square dividers finally started to merge ... the water NEVER leaked out ... but the smaller squares started to bleed into each other ... so product still worked but just not as good as when they're new ... but I definitely got my money's worth out of them ... again, I used them all day non stop for over a year ... that is the "TechKewl Deluxe Phase Change Cooling Neck Band" ... the Ice Bandanan Replacement Insert was totally worthless and I threw it away. By the way, I have NO affiliation with the TechKewl product ... I've not even put a good review on their webpage (they sell on Amazon too) ... I just wanted to warn people away from this Ice Bandana item so people wouldn't waste their hard-earned money ... and since I do use the TechKewl product, I thought I might as well refer folks to a product that DOES work since this product does NOT work.
on September 3, 2012
I purchased the Ice bandana replacement to go with my Icey cool bandana for my tonsillectomy. I found this product to be very good and soothing to my throat. But, whenever I put the replacement packs in the freezer one or two of the little segments that holds the water will break and leak water. The breakages mostly happend in the middle. Just be careful with them. It would be a good product it the plastic was more stronger. It will stay cold for about 30 minutes.
on August 7, 2015
I like this product. It works better than the bandana's you have to soak. You don't have a wet rag, so to speak, on your neck. and I can just keep extra ice inserts in a cooler to keep replacing when outside. :) Thanks!
on July 11, 2012
This is a great replacement pack, and handy to have to ensure that I say cool while working outside. It can be a little too cold at first but you either A. get use to it, or B. it melts more so its not as startling. Either way it's refreshing to have and cooling off your neck helps tremendously with staying cooler while working outdoors in the heat. Especially the Summer Texas heat!
on July 20, 2010
I wear these when I play golf on those hot and humid days. The work ok but the small thin ice packs melt in less than 1/2 hour. Sometimes it takes 6 of the ice packs to get me through a round. The packs are also a bit of a pain to poke into the bandanna. The concept is good but they are a bit awkward to use.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question