- Hardcover: 560 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (December 23, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471153923
- ISBN-13: 978-0471153924
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #219,191 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ice Cream and Frozen Deserts: A Commercial Guide to Production and Marketing 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
This book is an easy-to-read guide written for manufacturers, either large or small, involved in the production and marketing of ice cream and other frozen desserts. It covers all commercial aspects of ice cream production, such as batch freezing and continuous freezing to marketing and merchandising. This guide includes the largest source of recipes compiled.
From the Back Cover
A total guide to manufacturing, retail, and entrepreneurial success in one of today's most lucrative food industries.
Here is your one-stop guide to one of the fastest growing sectors of the food industry, where opportunities abound for manufacturers, retailers, and entrepreneurs. Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts is the only complete handbook on the commercial production and marketing of ice cream and frozen desserts for manufacturing and retail operations. It serves up a feast of how-to information, from writing business plans to purchasing equipment, from selecting a location to marketing your product—it even includes 500 delectable recipes using either the continuous or batch method of production.
Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts tells you what you need to know to:
- Select the kind of frozen dessert business that's right for you.
- Plan, finance, start, and operate a manufacturing or retail frozendessert business.
- Purchase, install, and use ice cream making and serving equipment.
- Determine which production method is right for you—continuous or batch.
- Market and merchandise your frozen confections.
- Manage employees, keep accurate financial records, and maintain sanitary conditions.
- Create dozens of delectable types and flavors of frozen desserts.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Included are dozens of ice cream recipes that are sure to be best sellers if you do decide to go forward with opening a shop.
Mr. Stogo writes everything in a way that's not overwhelming, but makes the entire process seem quite possible. If you are thinking of going into the ice cream business, this is the first book you should read. You won't regret the purchase price - it's money well spent.
As my plans are to possibly open a parlor, some of the aspects of the commercial operations were not useful to me, but it *was* at least interesting to see how the big boys do it.
The one area that I was a little disappointed in was the business aspects of it. There were some general discussions of things to accomplish, without any real instruction in how to go about actually *accomplishing* them.
Overall, well worth the (rather steep, I admit...) price.