Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 111 reviews
on December 16, 2013
I don't watch movies like this to learn dubious `science.' I watch in the hopes of being entertained, at the very least pleasantly diverted from the cares and woes of life in general. As a typical SyFy disaster flick, this one isn't all that bad. You get to see Santa on a snowmobile `geysered' to death by a blast of ice. If nothing else, this movie provides a good object lesson, don't put off hunting for your Christmas tree until Christmas Eve day when the world could possibly end due to a sneaky flow of methane gas snaking its way under Alaska. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! Sort of. The lead actors (Brendan Fehr & Jodelle Ferland) are agreeable enough, given the circumstances. Victor Garber tends to be a bit bombastic in the role of an army colonel driven to drink lots of coffee at the oddest times. The children are a little rough around the edges. But there's some beautiful mountain scenery. Plus, a whole lot of whining, animated chasms galore, and a hilarious solution to the problem at hand (when in doubt, blow it up).

Believe it or not, but this is part of my Christmas viewing lineup. Nothing says Merry Christmas like the sight of human popsicles littering the snow, caught in the middle of making snow angels.
on December 6, 2014
This one is fun, with special effects that are more believable than most SyFy movies. OK, we're not talking Carl Sagen or Albert Einstein level scientists here, but it's possible to accept this situation within it's format and the action keeps coming fast and furious. I also liked Victor Garber's military man, who isn't the usual cardboard villain attempting to do damage control on the bad situation to avoid blame and keep his own job. Nice also to avoid the cliche of parents on the verge of divorce who are pulled close again by surviving the disasters. This family has moderately whiny kids but a basically good family structure that didn't need to be rebuilt. Nice! I find this kind of film a great popcorn movie, just sit back, put my mind in neutral, and watch the disasters fly thick and fast. This movie delivers the goods on that level; I'll watch it again.
on March 7, 2013
Love the story with all the action you can give like this one, Partying for the Christmas going to chop down their tree ready for the next day, Than the fun begins a huge ice shelf has hit the water causing shockwaves to create mass avalanches and ice geysers which have left large cracks in the land. Sound exciting well I'll give you a hint it is, The actors and cast did a fantastic role making me freeze while watching this show but I must admit I did enjoy so I rated this an A grade plus. Full of surprises plus a lot of suspense and fulfilling entertainment, No more hints as not to spoil the movie. So what else do you need go for it.Relax feet up and be the judge for yourself.
I enjoyed this movie. The entire cast had chemistry with one-another. I got this for just a few dollars, and didn't expect much.
Turned out to be better than I expected.
THIS was a "keeper". The OTHER movie I bought REALLY sucked though... the one about hell {Egypt} freezing over.
on January 18, 2016
I loved this movie! The family unit in the midst of peril situations was touching, the acting was good and the action was very well done. This is one of my favorite natural disaster films...I should know, I own nearly all of them!
on August 31, 2016
Don't expect any big-budget special effects; science-based premises; or Oscar-winning performances. Yet, you get an entertaining movie. Jodelle Ferland is great at preforming characters that you can both hate and pity.
on May 14, 2017
for a somewhat unknown movie it really is surprisingly good! a bit slowish in places but still a good watch. recommended
on September 3, 2016
it is just another "disaster" movie in my opinion. there are many movie with similar topics (earthquakes, tsunami, etc). nothing really special about it.
on March 4, 2017
What can I say. I like movies that are far out there and this one is fun to watch.
on March 10, 2017
Just like I remembered... Loved disaster movies like this...