- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00J0CDSF8
- Item model number: 100898
- Average Customer Review: 86 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #179,173 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Icebreaker Men's Tech T Lite Crew
|Price:||$63.62 - $74.99|
- Ultralight 150 merino wool for versatile wear across seasonsƒ_"ideal for warm to cool conditions. Made from 87% Merino wool, 13% Nylon corespun. Merino wool regulates temperature to keep you cool when itƒ_Ts warm and warm when itƒ_Ts cool.
- Highly breathable merino wool wicks sweat away from your skin without making you feel clammy. Naturally odor resistantƒ_"can be worn for days without washing, making it ideal for travel. Ultrafine fibers for next-to-skin softness and itch-free comfort.
- Crew neck and set-in sleeves. Regular fit; ideal for travel and lifestyle, outdoor and hiking, yoga. Icebreaker pip label and embroidered logo.
- Machine wash; dries fast in the shade, but do not tumble dry.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The ultimate lightweight go-to tee, Icebreaker's Tech T Lite uses superfine merino wool for next-to-skin softness you'll love for travel, work, and play. Wear it solo or as a base layer in cooler weather.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Icebreaker Men's Tech T Lite Short Sleeve T-shirt in Black is a light, slim-fitting, and comfortable t-shirt that is suitable either as an undershirt or t-shirt. The close-fitting chest, arms and ample waist length is suitable for a slender build as a t-shirt, and for anyone as an undershirt. The fabric is light - 150 gsm wool spun on a nylon core - so it is similar in density to any similar-weight wool product even if a little slinkier and that flatters some physiques, but may be too revealing for others. Light will pass through if held up to a bulb, but not anymore than a similar density cotton or synthetic summer t-shirt.
The fabric is light, and felt a tad prickly/scratchy out of the bag, but not dissimilar to any other wool product I've tried recently, and unless very sensitive to that sensation, will undoubtedly fade into unconsciousness in a few days at most. I'm a bit sensitive to the prickliness/scratchiness of wool (but I don't believe I'm allergic and it is not itchy), and it is still a bit bothersome with this shirt after 2 days of continuous wear (and sleeping with it). When my pores are open, the prickliness becomes more apparent. After the second night of sleeping with it, it appears the prickliness has decreased. The instructions from Icebreaker are to wash their clothes with zipped-up jeans and I've seen other advice being to wear/sleep with the garment to 'break-in' the fabric.
Buy a size larger for a more comfortable fit, as this could be considered an athletic fitting t-shirt that is flattering but not skin-tight.
The black color which I purchased is not solid black, and has a slight heathered look to it, which is pleasant and may camouflage perspiration and dust. A thoughtful feature on a t-shirt made of wool, which will undoubtedly pickup up lint and dust. One noticeable difference between this garment and a pure-wool one is that after sleeping and wearing it continuously for 5 days there is very little fuzzing, and the fabric feels more durable. Hopefully this is more than just a 'feel' to the fabric, and that durability is a feature.
After 6 continuous days of wearing, there is still no noticeable odor coming from the shirt, suggesting that this nylon-core spun wool is as robust at odor-fighting as wool.
Overall, a nice, light, t-shirt that works very well as an undershirt, and hopefully, a t-shirt
Pros: Light fabric, robust odor-protection, flattering fit
Cons: Pricklier/Scratchier than pure wool fabric for the first few days