BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 9, 2012
I ordered these socks so that I can ride my bicycle in Alaska during the winter. The minute I tried them on I fell in love, and now I wear them around the house as well as when I'm going outside. They are not scratchy at all - very comfortable, and keep my feet very warm.
on February 13, 2014
I have been buying ski socks, extra thick hiking socks, snow boarding socks, extreme cold work socks for years. My toes continued to develop chilbains INSIDE the house. It has been impossible to keep my feet warm.

The reviews for the J.B. Icelandic Arctic Trail socks gave me hope. Within one hour of wear, I knew my toes needed these socks YEARS ago. I don't understand why my other expensive nearly 100% wool socks do not compare to these. If you have peripheral neuropathy, I strongly recommend these socks.

The fit: I wear a women's 9. I ordered the men's medium and I'm thrilled with the fit. I have a bit of wiggle room and airspace to hold a bit of heat which is essential to keeping my toes warm and comfortable. If you like a snug fitting sock, you won't need to "round up." Hope these help your toes as much as they have helped mine!
on January 19, 2015
Really nice and thick but sizing is way off. Their sizing said that since I wear a man's 9 shoe I need a large in their sock. the large were ridiculously large but Amazon did not offer a smaller size so I contacted the manufacturer and they were great and me send back mine and they sent em out a pair of mediums which fit great and my Chicago popsicle toes warm and toasty.
on January 4, 2015
I've tried about every sock out there that says they'll keep feet warm in the winter. Well, these are the first I've tried to deliver on that promise.

I walk and bicycle year-round and also deal with poor circulation issues, so warm feet allow me to continue in these activities I enjoy. Every other sock I tried either didn't keep my feet warm or trapped sweat near my toes and then the evaporation caused my feet to feel very cold and I eventually developed chilblains (bursting capillaries around toe nails that itch, swell or bruise). But now with these socks, I can both enjoy my winter activities AND be warm enough to ward off these health concerns.
on December 3, 2013
3 stars because these socks are a bit 'floppy' with a fairly loose weave. Nice and thick and well made with what appears to be quality wool. However a tighter weave would have these holding their shape more effectively. I'm sure that's why other brands include higher percentages of other fiber types in addition to wool but I have a great pair of high percentage wool socks that are thick and durable but with a much tighter weave. However I can't remember where I got them or the brand so these socks were an attempt to find a replacement - they are OK but not the ultimate sock I was looking for.
on January 19, 2016
I bought these for my husband and they were suppose to fit shoe size 8-12. They were to small for him (they fit me great) so I ordered the largest size available, those fit okay, but only if wearing them without a sock under them. They are wool socks, not terribly itchy, but itchy enough that a sock between them and skin would be nice. All in all, a decent product. Is two pair of wool socks for $30, they are very warm! But very thick, shoes need to be a half size bigger than what you would normally wear if you plan on wearing these socks as anything more than lounging around the house socks.
on October 11, 2017
I love these! They are very durable and super thick. They are probably too thick to fit in most of my boots, but I wear them around my house. I work at home and have a standing desk. I get holes in my heels quickly with other socks, but not these.
on October 3, 2016
I love these socks very very much. I usually wear a large in socks. These are a little too big & I am wondering if anyone has gone down in size. I will try the medium on my next order. Anyone else tried going down a size. I cannot imagine it being too small but???
on April 19, 2017
I needed truly warm wool socks for my Iceland trip. Although they are most definitely warm -- they are so thick that I wasn't able to wear them with my shoes/boots even with the 0.5 size up that I had ordered for my boots
on December 13, 2013
Here on Bragg, NC for the winter, I bought these socks as sleep attire. During the course your really not allowed to take your sleep system out during SUT. But you are allowed to take out some warm clothing, I bought these for the temps that can drop to low teen's during the winter. They are THICK, but tough, I would take off my boots slip ONLY these on and was good for the night. They are well made. Only beef with them is that if you decide to wear with boots, the boots must be half size to a full size bigger. I only say that because I tried to walk with them on a 8 mile patrol with 100lbs on my back. Didn't feel so good just to the fact my feet were not getting any circulation. but overall well made and durable.