Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The Icewind Dale: Ultimate Collection contains: Icewind Dale 2 2 CDs, Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
- The Barbarian - A merciless warrior of the north, call upon your greater strength, speed and rage to
- The Monk - A master of hand-to-hand combat and unarmed in battle, the power of wisdom is your greate
- The Sorcerer - A natural spell caster, tainted by the blood of dragons, draw upon the raw power with
- New character races like the Drow and Aasimar add to an extensive array of character options.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
3-D technology developed for Baldur's Gate II delivers incredible spell and environment effects while new spells, equipment and abilities offer better gameplay. This collection includes: "Icewind Dale", "Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter" and "Icewind Dale II".
From the Manufacturer
Journey deep into the Spine of the World, a harsh and unforgiving environment teaming with merciless beasts and terrible dangers. In this exclusive adventure pack developed by award-winning Black Isle Studios, are the full versions of Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale II, the critically acclaimed soundtrack for Icewind Dale, bonus CDs, including Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter strategy guides, an additional level, and a set of 4 character portraits from Icewind Dale II.
- Battle Ice Trolls, Giants, and hordes of terrifying Undead. Over 150 types of new monsters that will put your courage to the test in real-time combat.
- Adventure through a wide range of beautifully rendered environments, from ancient ruins to volcanic caverns and icy plains.
- Multiplayer support for up to six players over LAN or Internet connections.
- Continue your adventure in five huge new areas that add directly into the original Icewind Dale.
- Hack your way through a host of never-before-seen monsters to discover over 100 new items and 59 new spells.
- Conquer hordes of monsters in epic battles utilizing the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rule set.
- Cast over 300 powerful spells, clash with fierce new monsters, and collect hundreds of new items on your journey.
- Embark on your adventure with a pre-made party, or customize each character.
- Multiplayer support for up to six players for the ultimate gaming experience.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would prefer the video to be more bright, but my husband likes it as it is, so I guess that is a matter of taste.
The role-playing is very true to form as compared to R.A. Salvatore's characters and because of this, we believe it to be beneficial if players would read his books. I especially like the voices of the characters making comments while battling vicious creatures, or while healing your comrades.
The graphics were comparable (all three games share the same engine) and the gameplay was almost identical. The music was excellent and certain tunes stayed with me ever since. The storyline was nothing to complain about - after all, any story set in "the spine of the world" can hardly go wrong! What I did not appreciate was the rushed feeling of a job on an impossible deadline.
In order to prolong the duration of the game, much smaller maps were stuffed with a far greater number of powerful foes - and almost nothing could be solved without combat. As a result, what was expected to be an enjoyable experience turned into a chore of endless autopausing, retargeting and constant battling.
Having said the above, I must admit that, in hindsight, my complains seem trivial. Little did I know at the time how far into hell greed would drive the gaming industry. Compared to 3-4 hour games, extra charges for essential content, Limited Installations and RootKits (of the likes of StarFORCE and SecuROM), well, games such as the ICEWIND DALE saga stand out as landmarks in PC-gaming history.
The expansion (THE HEART OF WINTER) improved things somewhat but the series did not find its stride until the very good ICEWIND DALE II. I remember spending endless hours with the sequel and can compare it to the original BALDUR's GATE.
The whole setting seems like something ripped out from Beowulf or the Viking sagas, replete with sacrificed warriors and vengeful gods. Though no longer the state-of-the-art in graphics technology, the Infinity engine's prerendered backdrops hold up quite well in comparison to today's rather bland 3D technology, and the spell animations are still quite good.
Play this game for the lonely, howling-wind atmosphere and intricate set-piece environments. If you're looking for more story depth, try Planescape: Torment or the Fallout series.